C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
My DD has been getting sick to her stomach all day.. DGD just started heaving about 2 hours ago.. Is there a "bug" going around?

Yes we ALL have had it at our house. DD was sick last Tuesday, DH and I were sick Monday before her, DS was sick the Wednesday before us. It was very bad! I had it the worst, lingered longer and more problems. DS was fine within hours, DD was about 12 hours. I was 24-36 hours before back to normal. Good luck in your attempts not to get sick. Finally, the day DD was sick, I took Lysol disinfectant wipes to every solid surface we touch frequently and washed ALL bedding. Must have worked so far.

Yes we ALL have had it at our house. DD was sick last Tuesday, DH and I were sick Monday before her, DS was sick the Wednesday before us. It was very bad! I had it the worst, lingered longer and more problems. DS was fine within hours, DD was about 12 hours. I was 24-36 hours before back to normal. Good luck in your attempts not to get sick. Finally, the day DD was sick, I took Lysol disinfectant wipes to every solid surface we touch frequently and washed ALL bedding. Must have worked so far.
------------------

I've got two large containers of Lysol disinfectant wipes sitting right here.. Guess I'll be wiping everything in sight down..

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend.:hug:

All three of my kids had a stomach bug over the course of a 2-week period (about two weeks ago). Each of them had different symptoms of what I assume MUST have been the same bug (no one else was sick at school).

DS, fever for 24 hours, constant vomiting for about 12-18 hours, and then after two days - diarrhea

DD, fever for almost 24 hours, vomiting for 12-18 hours, no diarrhea (but she ate almost NOTHING for three days...)

Other DD, just ONE episode of diarrhea, and that was it

All three are the same age.

Thankfully, neither DH or I caught it.

Hope your family feels better soon.

When I try to stay healthy after a family member is ill this is what I do:

quarentine the sick one(s)
wipe surfaces with disenfectent wipes
wash bedding & towels
try to use different bathroom from the sick one
open windows to air out the house (if it's not too cold)
take airborne

Good luck, being sick is no fun.

I'm VERY new to these boards. I stalked for a LONG time. But pixie dust your way for a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.:goodvibes

I'm VERY new to these boards. I stalked for a LONG time. But pixie dust your way for a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.:goodvibes

-------------------

Thank you! And the same to you and yours..:goodvibes

Poor kid - just in the past hour she has heaved 4 times.. I'm thinking she won't be going anywhere for dinner tomorrow.. :(

3 of my 4 kids had one 2 weeks ago. They threw up for an hour or 2, felt like they might again for about 24 hours, and that was it. When I had dd there for another issue, I mentioned it to the pediatrician. She said to be VERY careful with handwashing and cleaning doorknobs, water faucet, etc because the big stomach thing that's currently going around in our area can be shed in stool for several WEEKS afterward.

We had it our house about 2 weeks ago, my youngest and I had it one day, middle DS had it the next day and DH the day after that. My oldest did not get it. We all had low grade fevers and the boys throw up, DH and I did not but felt really sick to our stomachs all day.

We just layed around all day and we all took a nap. It wore out the boys. A day and a half later they were both fine, eating playing and back to school.

I hope your DD and DGD feel better soon.

Sharon

-----------------------

Ugh! Didn't need to hear that.. Not only do I have a wake and a funeral to attend this week, but I'm scheduled for a medical procedure next Tuesday and the next available date that it can be done isn't until January 20th!! There's no possible way I can wait that long..:eek:

And the idea of DGD missing Thanksgiving at her other grandparents is just too sad..:sad1:

Just help her wash her hands well. Perhaps even follow up her handwashing with Purell. Also, if you have disinfectant wipes, after she uses the toilet, wipe off the faucet knobs and toilet handle (both of which she would have touched with germy hands).

3 of my 4 kids had one 2 weeks ago. They threw up for an hour or 2, felt like they might again for about 24 hours, and that was it. When I had dd there for another issue, I mentioned it to the pediatrician. She said to be VERY careful with handwashing and cleaning doorknobs, water faucet, etc because the big stomach thing that's currently going around in our area can be shed in stool for several WEEKS afterward.

That was me about two weeks ago. It started about 7am and lasted about twelve hours. I hadn't eaten since 8pm the previous night, so all I did was kinda cough up a little stomach juice whatever-it's-called (no actual vomit... thank God) and my stomach was really upset (so it was more diarrhea than anything else- THAT lasted all day) plus I had a monster pain in my stomach. I'm guessing it was the Norovirus (I think that's what it's called), which we've been passing around at college. I'm a horrible emetophobe so thankfully that was the extent of it.

I hope everyone gets better and can avoid the bug!!!:hug:

I had that nasty virus at the beginning of November. I missed my trip to Dallas because of it:sad2: . I'm amazed no one else in my house got it.

DD was under the weather last Saturday, threw up on Sunday (spent all day on the couch) complaining of a belly ache and running for the bathroom; she was fine on Monday however.

I woke up 2 nights ago with everything; the fever, the vomiting, and the diarrhea. Guess mine was a 48 hour bug because I feel fine today. There's definitely something going around here, lots of people I know are catching it.

Well, DH and my 8 year old won't be going to our friends' house for Thanksgiving as planned. My 8 year old woke up with a 103.7 fever!

Dawn

My babysitter texted me today to tell me that her and her 3 year old daughter was up all night with stomach issues. My kids were there yesterday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my kids don't get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter