2016 Hilton Head FAQ and Roll Call

Heading down Oct. 7-10. Was there for the first time two years ago the same weekend (Columbus Day) and had a spectacular time. Had reservations for last year but I-95 was closed due to flooding so we ended up in Myrtle Beach instead. Really looking forward to this trip-such a relaxing place.

Add us to the 2016 Roll Call - we just booked for December 18 - 26, so our Christmas cards this year will say "Happy Holidays from Hilton Head" :)

Some friends have also booked for when we'll be at HHI in December - that will be fun to celebrate the holidays together.

Just for kicks, we looked up the cash price for the same days / unit size and it would have cost $2,061 to stay. This is exactly why we were looking to use DVC points for our holiday vacation this year so we didn't have to take the cash out of our pocket for accommodations. We have a 2BR booked.

We have never been and are considering Dec 20-24. Any thoughts? Is the pool still open? What's there to do? Thanks!!

We have never been and are considering Dec 20-24. Any thoughts? Is the pool still open? What's there to do? Thanks!!

We'll be there then, and if you're looking for a studio or 1 BR, the vacancy is slim to none for that period. There were still 2BRs and I think even a 3BR with availability, but you'd better move quick if you need that size.

They have their Christmas lights at the Shelter Cove Towne Center: http://www.hiltonhead.com/dove-street-festival-lights-comes-back-life-shelter-cove/

We'll be there then, and if you're looking for a studio or 1 BR, the vacancy is slim to none for that period. There were still 2BRs and I think even a 3BR with availability, but you'd better move quick if you need that size.

They have their Christmas lights at the Shelter Cove Towne Center: http://www.hiltonhead.com/dove-street-festival-lights-comes-back-life-shelter-cove/

Thanks!!! I may just go with the two BR. We have a reservation at WDW, but the ticket prices are killing me. We live in Charlotte, so this is a much easier drive.

Just a heads up to anyone going on October. Most people got letters saying the pool slide is being replaced. We are scheduled the 15-21 and got our letter today. A call to the office said it should be done by the 27th. Between the pool slide construction and the beach redo we may be canceling to avoid all the noise. :(

Just a heads up to anyone going on October. Most people got letters saying the pool slide is being replaced. We are scheduled the 15-21 and got our letter today. A call to the office said it should be done by the 27th. Between the pool slide construction and the beach redo we may be canceling to avoid all the noise. :(
Interesting, I haven't gotten a letter and my trip is 10/23 - 10/28. Did it say if the pool would still be open? Thanks.

Yes the slide's last day was today, the beach looked good today. We didn't see any dredging, hopefuly they have moved past the Beach House.

Yes the slide's last day was today, the beach looked good today. We didn't see any dredging, hopefuly they have moved past the Beach House.

The beach renourishment project hasn't made it to the Beach House area yet and now they've posted an update that it will be delayed again.

2016 Beach Renourishment Project Updates
As a result of the approach of Hurricane Matthew, beach fill operations have ceased. Shore pipeline will be broken down, stockpiled and then hauled to Collier Beach for storage until the storm passes. As a result, beach goers within the project footprint should expect to see additional vehicular activity through Wednesday October 5, 2016.

More details about the project can be found here - http://hiltonheadislandsc.gov/projects/beachrenourish/2016beachrenourish/updates.cfm

We bit the bullet and canceled our trip for this month. Between the beach and the slide we were just afraid it would be too noisy. I'm super bummed as we usually go in June and I ended up going to a two week work conference and we canceled our trip then too. First year in 6 we haven't gone "home".

Lisa and I just booked a quickie weekend for Christmas. So excited! Our favorite resort twice in one year. ( We visited over Labor Day week as well.)

I took my mom for Easter a couple years ago and it was pretty chilly and windy. Could not do water activities and even walking on beach was uncomfortable. Was just there also for NYE and was chilly some of the time and warm some. Kids rented bikes and they did get in pool and go on beach. But some stuff was closed down for off season... like Coligny plaza was shut down tight when we had dinner at Frosty Frog. Also the beach house closed down on Jan 2nd.

I took my mom for Easter a couple years ago and it was pretty chilly and windy. Could not do water activities and even walking on beach was uncomfortable. Was just there also for NYE and was chilly some of the time and warm some. Kids rented bikes and they did get in pool and go on beach. But some stuff was closed down for off season... like Coligny plaza was shut down tight when we had dinner at Frosty Frog. Also the beach house closed down on Jan 2nd.

Beach House closed? Do you know for how long?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter