• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Hilton Head FAQ and Roll Call

We're there March 21-26 for ridiculously early spring break. We are two families with three kids -- one boy (6), two girls (4 and 2). It's been quite a few years since my last trip there so any tips appreciated.

We're there March 21-26 for ridiculously early spring break. We are two families with three kids -- one boy (6), two girls (4 and 2). It's been quite a few years since my last trip there so any tips appreciated.

We will be there at the same time with two boys (7 and 9). Hope to see you!

Going there for the first time March 16-23 with two 13 you girls. Any advice on things to do, places to eat (bonus for gluten free options) weather etc appreciated!

Our family went there on our first trip after becoming members in 2012. Because it was our first trip, Disney pulled some strings to help us get a 1 bedroom in July that summer. Loved the resort; one of our favorite vacations!

We will be going for the second time Mar 25-Apr 1. I'm hoping the weather is nice; going in July was awesome, but I'm afraid it will be too cold to do many of the activities we did on our first trip! I'm guessing the ocean will be too cold to get in (comfortably)...

April 3-9. First visit and excited to give it a try!

Question for all the HHI veterans - We'll be in a 2 BR. Any particular requests I should make for room location? (I understand there are no guarantees, etc.)

We will be there Feb 21-25. First time @ HHI. I tried to join the FB group but assuming my lack of "friends" got me blocked for requesting to join :( I'm mostly worried that 1. I won't get my Disney fix and 2. having to leave my Disney bubble to eat LOL. Excited though, weather is looking good for now so hoping to get to enjoy a little bit of pool time as well!!

Does anyone know if there is a schedule of Resort events that I can get my hands on before we leave? Am I crazy for going during their off season? I hope we aren't the only ones there LOL. I'm fleeing this cold, snowy weather here in MI and am looking forward to the 70's forecast during our week there :)

First visit May 22-26 as an add-on vacation after attending a wedding in Charleston. Not sure we're going to know how to relax on a "Disney Vacation" :)
With a little apprehension, I must remove myself from this roll call. After a bit of discussion (and an annual pass in hand) we've decided to make the extra 6 hour drive to WDW to catch Flower&Garden (thanks to an extended schedule). DH really wasn't showing too much excitement over HHI so this seems like the better plan for now. Maybe some day.... :/

Not going to lie...A little jealous of everyone going this year!! Loved our first trip there last year. :)

Booked Dec 30- Jan 2 in a GV. Not sure if we'll keep it. May switch for 2 studios in June 2017.

Question for all the HHI veterans - We'll be in a 2 BR. Any particular requests I should make for room location? (I understand there are no guarantees, etc.)
Been there three times. Requested 2BR near the pool and I will warn that is noisy from like 9am to 10pm. If you like afternoon naps or need to work at all (like my DH did) then it's not a great request. We have also been in the main building twice and that's okay. It's close to the marina where you can walk over for shopping, drinks or dinner. And there is an elevator in the main building with parking underneath. Mostly 1BR and studios in main building (not sure if they are lock offs or dedicated).

May 30th - June 7th. Our first time visiting at DHHIR

Just booked our first trip for this September 17-24. Just the two of us, in a studio. Looking forward to the beach and the relaxation.

We had a 2BR right behind the slide at the pool on our trip and loved it. Didn't find it noisey at all - we were worried it might be! It was so nice to be able to sit on our porch and watch the kids in the pool or if we were at the pool and one of them had to use the restroom it was a quick run back in. And it was a fairly easy shot over to grab refills or breakfast in the morning. Would totally do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter