• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

I've never had towels provided at a race, other than the little cold washcloths at a few.
Makes sense - how do you guys do it then? You cannot wear one comfortably during the race - will we have lockers somewhere? I already have a huge problem on Sunday because I leave Sunday night and check out at Santa Fe is at 11:00 - I don't know where to go to shower after the race...

Makes sense - how do you guys do it then? You cannot wear one comfortably during the race - will we have lockers somewhere? I already have a huge problem on Sunday because I leave Sunday night and check out at Santa Fe is at 11:00 - I don't know where to go to shower after the race...

I'd try to 1) get a late checkout, or 2) minimize your time spent on the course (limit picture taking, start at the front of your corral, etc.) so you can zip back to your hotel immediately after the race. The third option would be to use baby wipes. Not ideal, but they do work in a pinch.

I'd try to 1) get a late checkout, or 2) minimize your time spent on the course (limit picture taking, start at the front of your corral, etc.) so you can zip back to your hotel immediately after the race. The third option would be to use baby wipes. Not ideal, but they do work in a pinch.
I will try to get late check out, I hope it works. I will likely not be able to finish the race and if I can I will be very slow. I am mostly doing it to get some character photos and try to see how far I can go - maybe not ideal but I didn't just want to sign up for the 5K.

You can leave your luggage with the hotel. Maybe have a small bag packed there with clean clothes to change into afterward. Baby wipes/sponge bath in one of the loos. Batiste dry shampoo spray will work wonders to clean your hair and scalp. As far as I know (DH is the runner) most events will store some of your stuff like a bag check, so they take it and give you a number, you pick it back up at the end. I can't se this being any different, but you never know.

I will try to get late check out, I hope it works. I will likely not be able to finish the race and if I can I will be very slow. I am mostly doing it to get some character photos and try to see how far I can go - maybe not ideal but I didn't just want to sign up for the 5K.

I would talk to the hotel and see if there is a shower/locker room in the gym (if they have one) that you can use after you finish the race. Otherwise, Refresh Wipes do well in a pinch.

Thanks for the tips - no gym at the hotel, I'm staying at Santa Fe. I emailed them today about late checkout, we'll see. I have a whole day of going for brunch at Inventions, going to the park and flying home at night - just using the wipes and dry shampoo seems a bit gross to me right now lol. I hope I can make it work, but yeah if all else fails I will wash up and change in a restroom somewhere.

Oh btw I am going through my emails and found this:
As a reminder, you will receive your runner number by email, 30 days prior to the event.
Then, 15 days before the event, you will receive an email with your official document to provide at the expo, in order to retrieve your g'EAR bag.

I have not gotten the runner number yet, has anyone? Thanks!

As a reminder, you will receive your runner number by email, 30 days prior to the event.
Then, 15 days before the event, you will receive an email with your official document to provide at the expo, in order to retrieve your g'EAR bag.

Thanks for the reminder - just checked email - I haven't seen our runner numbers yet either...

I just got a call from GET that they're planning to move us from the Santa Fe to the Newport Bay. We extended our stay for 4 more days and are booked at the Santa Fe, so I'm not sure what we're going to do. Apparently there's a tram to the race that is running from Newport Bay to the race, but not from the Santa Fe.

All of this sounds like usual Paris planning - so chaotic and lacking in information...I am sad to say I was sort of expecting that, I have my share of experiences with them.
My guess is we will maybe receive paperwork 1 or 2 weeks prior, and everything else in the same time frame. Likely not more than a week out for some things..
I just got a call from GET that they're planning to move us from the Santa Fe to the Newport Bay. We extended our stay for 4 more days and are booked at the Santa Fe, so I'm not sure what we're going to do. Apparently there's a tram to the race that is running from Newport Bay to the race, but not from the Santa Fe.
Congrats on the move though! I wish I would be upgraded to Newport Bay, it is newly refurbished and so much nicer and closer to walk than Santa Fe.
My latest information on transport to race is that there won't be any and we will all have to walk..:/

Congrats on the move though! I wish I would be upgraded to Newport Bay, it is newly refurbished and so much nicer and closer to walk than Santa Fe.
My latest information on transport to race is that there won't be any and we will all have to walk..:/

I actually said I would call them back tomorrow about whether or not we wanted to move. I'm totally up for it, but my mom is going with me and I have a feeling she might be a pill about the whole thing. She's one of those people that likes to unpack literally every single item in her suitcase when she gets to a hotel. I'm not sure she's going to want to switch in the middle of a trip. Wonder if I can leave her behind... :cool2: lol!

Re runner numbers, a poster on another forum has received an email from runDLP saying that runner numbers should be issued on September 5th. Apparently they pushed it back a few days because of the final bib sale last week.

No, someone on our online running group emailed then and the replied they would be out in the next week or two

I actually said I would call them back tomorrow about whether or not we wanted to move. I'm totally up for it, but my mom is going with me and I have a feeling she might be a pill about the whole thing. She's one of those people that likes to unpack literally every single item in her suitcase when she gets to a hotel. I'm not sure she's going to want to switch in the middle of a trip. Wonder if I can leave her behind... :cool2: lol!

Mom said she's good with the upgrade! Fancy hotel here I come!

Bib numbers (as far as State side events) are available until the waivers are released. And official corral placement isn't until packet pick up.

I'm totally in the dark about the topography and geography the race will be taking place on, but Google Earth is my friend and I can at least take a fly over of the course once I know what it is.

Well, it's official. Our first night (Thursday) is at the Disneyland Hotel in Paris! Then we move "down" to Hotel New York. I hope the start line is close!

Does anyone know when we get our park tickets? Can I print them from home? We booked through the Disneyland website for NY.

I got a call today that we would be moved to Sequoia Lodge for our whole stay!!! The road to Santa Fe is apparently affected by the marathon, thats why they are essentially upgrading everyone! Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter