• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

The Half medal and the Challenge are amazing and they make me wish I was running the race! I am running four runDisney races this year so I couldn't make this work, but I'll be on DCL :teeth: so that makes it better. I'll get here someday! With all the stepped up security measures for France this year, do you think there's anything that would make runDisney call this race off?

With all the stepped up security measures for France this year, do you think there's anything that would make runDisney call this race off?

I think this would be the very last resort, but I think it could happen if there was another attack on Paris right before the race. I was at Disneyland Paris during the November attacks and Disneyland Paris was closed for 5 days.

Corinna

I have just come in to the RunDisney family.......I am soooo tempted as DLP is close to the UK AND on my birthday weekend. As I have literally just started running this week it would be foolhardy to take on a half distance so soon. Deferred until 2017 as part of my long term goal to get to WDW Marathon Weekend in January 2019. Lots more running to do......:tigger:

I have just come in to the RunDisney family.......I am soooo tempted as DLP is close to the UK AND on my birthday weekend. As I have literally just started running this week it would be foolhardy to take on a half distance so soon. Deferred until 2017 as part of my long term goal to get to WDW Marathon Weekend in January 2019. Lots more running to do......:tigger:
come join the Run DV group on Facebook. Lots of support there and runners of all different levels from newbies to regulars. A lot of people training for their first Half.

Does anyone know/have a bib that they are looking to sell? They are LEGALLY transferable until the end of the month and my husband and I just this week planned a 10year anniversary trip to Paris... and realized it's the same weekend as the race! I'd love to be able to run and get the Castle to Chateau medal after doing my first full this year at Disney. Thanks for any help!!

Does anyone know/have a bib that they are looking to sell? They are LEGALLY transferable until the end of the month and my husband and I just this week planned a 10year anniversary trip to Paris... and realized it's the same weekend as the race! I'd love to be able to run and get the Castle to Chateau medal after doing my first full this year at Disney. Thanks for any help!!

I'm not sure on the date for transfers, I'd seen from someone that it had already passed, so I'd double check that one I think.

As for legally getting bibs, RunDLP are supposed to be releasing a number of bibs-only for both races on the 23rd August, so I'd think that would be your best bet personally!

Hope you're successful, that is a lovely looking medal!

Nervous planning question from a first timer...we are booked at a hotel near the Val D"Europe RER station. I have heard not to expect to take the metro to the start on Saturday or Sunday.
Is renting a car the best (only) option? There will be four of us on Saturday and most likely just me on Sunday.

Nervous planning question from a first timer...we are booked at a hotel near the Val D"Europe RER station. I have heard not to expect to take the metro to the start on Saturday or Sunday.
Is renting a car the best (only) option? There will be four of us on Saturday and most likely just me on Sunday.

What hotel are you staying at? Does it not have a shuttle bus? I'd imagine with so many runners staying in that area there would be some way of getting there!

What hotel are you staying at? Does it not have a shuttle bus? I'd imagine with so many runners staying in that area there would be some way of getting there!

Relais Spa. Not sure they have a shuttle or not, but I don't know that if they did, that they would provide it early enough to transport the runners.

Does the RER not run that early? Did you check their website? As commuters use it, including the CMs, I am almost 100 percent sure it runs. I have used it before 8 AM...

We are staying a little further away in Champs sur Marne (4 stops on the RER) and we can get there in time on Saturday taking the RER. The first one runs around 5:00. I am not sure about Sunday as I am just doing the 5K.

Corinna

Oh god, everything is so real now!

We've booked the races, our Air BnB, our race weekend stay at the Newport Bay Club... now we only need to book our Museum passes for the days we're in Paris proper, and I need t book tickets for the Welcome party (of course I neglected to do so when I was initially registering for the races).

Of course, the Run DLP site is no help, and I emailed the provided address, but does anybody still have the registration link? I can't find Event booking links anywhere!

Has anyone else noticed the updated pacing requirements for the half? They say 9.56 min/K, which works out to 15:22/mile. My partner is doing this race for her 60th birthday, and even the 16 min/mile normal cutoff was a challenge (she run/walks). We've done several other Disney halfs and never been pulled, but this is kind of freaking her out. No idea how hard they'll enforce this limit :(

Has anyone else noticed the updated pacing requirements for the half? They say 9.56 min/K, which works out to 15:22/mile. My partner is doing this race for her 60th birthday, and even the 16 min/mile normal cutoff was a challenge (she run/walks). We've done several other Disney halfs and never been pulled, but this is kind of freaking her out. No idea how hard they'll enforce this limit :(

Being their 1st race there, my money is on it not being very stringently enforced. There is probably a 'golden' time that they 'want' everyone off the course, but I'd bet it's rather a recommendation, not a rule.

Brian

As this is the first race at DLP, there's no way to know for sure how strict the cutoff times will be and where they might pull you off the course. To be safe, you and your partner need to do everything you can to be in the very front of your corral, no matter which corral you're in. This will give you an extra few minutes at minimum, more if you're not in the last corral, since the pace clock does not usually start until the very last person crosses the starting line.

Can you share where you saw this information? The website still states a 16 minute mile.

Pacing requirements

• 16 minutes per mile pace for all athletes in the Disneyland® Paris – Val d’Europe Half Marathon and the Disneyland® Paris 5K
  • Runners unable to maintain the pace may be picked up at any point along the course and transported to the finish line area
  • A training pace of 15-minute per mile pace is recommended
  • Pace Cyclists will be on the course indicating when runners are behind pace by waving light wands at each mile markers according to the official pace time. If you reach a mile marker with a light wand waving, please note you are behind the required 16-minute per mile pace and can be picked up at any time and transported to the course pick up tent

I found it in the race rules here: http://run.disneylandparis.com/sites/default/files/files/race-rules.pdf

I wonder if it's a different format for times/numbers in Europe, and 9.56 actually means 9 minutes and 56 secs per K. That would actually work out to almost exactly 16 minutes/mile.

We're hoping this being a first year race and with people traveling a long way they won't be super strict on the pacing, and give us a little slack :)

I found it in the race rules here: http://run.disneylandparis.com/sites/default/files/files/race-rules.pdf

I wonder if it's a different format for times/numbers in Europe, and 9.56 actually means 9 minutes and 56 secs per K. That would actually work out to almost exactly 16 minutes/mile.

We're hoping this being a first year race and with people traveling a long way they won't be super strict on the pacing, and give us a little slack :)
Thank you. Yes, I believe that would be 9 min, 56 seconds :)

Oh that also says the race plan will be posted by August 31st! Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter