2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Hubby is wanting to register for bib only as we already have reservations elsewhere and have annual,passes. All I can find on the website is that bib only will be available from the 12th, but I'm not sure what time to ring, or,if it's the same reservation numbers as the packages. Does anyone have any further info?
I'm waiting on further info as well, since I have an annual pass.

I signed up for this race through Get Sports Travel. I am
waiting for the email with the link for final registration. Are there others who are still waiting?

I haven't heard anything yet (my last name is at the beginning of the alphabet), but I signed up late on 12/29.

I have just received an email from RunDisney saying that the date for bib only registration is now 16th January, has anyone else heard this?

Yes! There was a speaker series at the marathon expo yesterday with the race director & Paula Radcliffe (who is the event ambassador...ZOMG, I NEARLY CRIED I WAS SO HAPPY). He said that the stand-alone registration date was pushed back from this week to Feb. 16. It kind of sounded like an IT-infrastructure issue and they didn't want to sacrifice user experience to roll it out as soon as possible.

This is frustrating....I just want to make arrangements but this is starting to feel more complicated than it's worth. DH and I were planning on a Paris trip, but I think we may just do Aulani instead and push Paris until next year.

Since I'm a little late to the party, it looks like I'm hoping to get 2 bib only registrations. Does anyone know yet how they plan on selling them? On the runDisney website, or by telephone?

I couldn't wait any longer..... I was too afraid to not get 2 bib only when registration opens.
So I've just booked a hotel package with the bib :D I'm so excited! It will be my first half marathon and my first runDisney event - I better get on the road.... losing some pounds and training to get fit for the 21 km :)

We're just holding our breath hoping hubby can get one. He called the number for reservations a week or two ago to see if that was the same number to call for the bibs when the time came. They seemed a bit confused, but did say after asking around that would be where to call. They just had no idea when.

This seems really poorly organised as far as the information available. It might be well organised behind the scenes (though I'm doubtful), but the information on the website is really lacking :(

Sent yesterday my registration info and received 3 emails today that both my medical certificate and Dopey were accepted and i'm fully registered to both 5k and half (and of course Castle to Chateau Challenge).
Can't wait.... 8 months to go !!!!

Two weeks to go, and I'm still wondering.

I'm feeling the same way. Im getting really nervous! I don't want to be tied up with the room especially since I have a 30% off offer sitting in my inbox. If we don't get info by Valentine's day I think I'm gonna just go for the package though

I just got an email confirming that "booking" will open at 1700 CET (1100 EST) on 16th February

Sent in my proof of US Half marathon certificate (Stars Wars Half 1/17/2016) for Castle to Chateau Challenge (FYI - proof of time only needed if you plan to run half faster than 1:30) and my completed medical certificate (downloaded from the RunDisney Paris site and signed by doctor) last night - you get the following email reply when you submit:

Greetings,
Thank you for pre-registering your details for the Inaugural Disneyland® Paris Half Marathon Weekend.
As a reminder, you will soon receive a final confirmation of your registration, after we have proceeded to the control of all your documents. If one document is not valid, you will be advised by e-mail.
Be sure to check our website for full event details, updates and other helpful information. ( http://run.disneylandparis.com/)
Thank again for registering and we look forward to your participation.
runDisney Team
Disneyland® Paris

About 8 hours later, I got 2 approval emails that look like this:

Hello
This email serves as confirmation that your "Castle to Chateau Challenge" certificate has been verified and accepted for the "Inaugural Disneyland® Paris Half Marathon Weekend".
Thank you,
runDisney Team
Disneyland® Paris

Greetings!
This email serves as confirmation that your medical certificate has been verified and accepted for the "Inaugural Disneyland® Paris Half Marathon Weekend".
Thank you,
runDisney Team
Disneyland® Paris

All set for the Disneyland Paris 5K and Half!

I just got an email confirming that "booking" will open at 1700 CET (1100 EST) on 16th February

I was just coming to post the same thing :). Hubby will be a very happy camper now it's been confirmed. He's been driving me crazy the past week.

Does the Castle to Chateau Challenge need to have a state side half first? I am running the Wine & Dine and Avengers and don't really want to scramble to get a Tink or DL ½ bib to take part in the challenge.

Email looks like this below...the links go to the RunDisney Paris website which talks about calling the Disneyland Paris Reservation Centre and using the designated travel agents.

Phone contact info for Disneyland Paris Reservation Centre is at this lin:
http://run.disneylandparis.com/sites/default/files/files/contact-us.pdf

Here's the info in the email:

Race bibs for our 1st half-Marathon on sale in 3 days, click here
If this message isn't displayed properly, view in a browser
Put some magic into your address book by adding

BOOKINGS FOR RACE PARTICIPANTS OPEN
FROM FEBRUARY 16TH 2016 AT 5PM*. ON YOUR MARKS!

*Paris Time

Does the Castle to Chateau Challenge need to have a state side half first? I am running the Wine & Dine and Avengers and don't really want to scramble to get a Tink or DL ½ bib to take part in the challenge.

From what I can tell from the RunDisney Paris Q/A section, you can complete in either order (US half then Paris half OR Paris half then US half) - here's the Q/A about it below...I'd expect W&D 2016 and Avengers 2016 to have Castle to Chateau Challenge booth at the finish next to the Coast-to-Coast Challenge booth to get your medal.

Q: What is the runDisney Castle to Château Race Challenge?
A: If you complete a half marathon distance at Disneyland® Paris and at the Disneyland® Resort in California or a half marathon or marathon at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, in the same calendar year, then you will receive an additional medal commemorating your achievement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter