2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

I received my registration email today - so everyone should be getting theirs soon!

Of course, sadness and thoughts go out to all those affected in Paris...we'll do what we can to help pick them back up!

cheers,
:)

ETA: Interesting excerpts from it:

- a link is provided for the medical certificate
- "a medical certificate (issued by your doctor ) on which shall appear "Non-contraindications with the practice of athletics in competition or running in competition", dating from less than one year on the date of the competition, or its copy."
- Foreign Participants: If no medical certificate is supplied to June 1, 2016 *, you will not be allowed to participate.

Last edited:
Has anyone else received their email from runDisney yet? I thought I would have by now since race registrations open up on Jan. 12 and I registered in mid October with a tour package...

No email from runDisney yet - talked to GET Travel - they are just 20 min from my house and we booked package with them. They expect to get info next week and will forward to those that booked with them (I would think rest of the TAs will be on similar timeline). GET is sold out (after they got additional allocation of registrations and rooms) but trying to get more - it would be interesting to know how many of the 8000 half package registrations have been sold.

RunDisney using Active for Paris race registrations and a special link will be sent to register, submit PoT, select shirt sizes, etc for those that bought packages. I too expect that this would be before the 4000 half-only registrations go on sale in January 2016.

Back to my 2016 Dopey Castaway Rebel Coast-to-Coast training - 33 days left and counting...

No email from runDisney yet - talked to GET Travel - they are just 20 min from my house and we booked package with them. They expect to get info next week and will forward to those that booked with them (I would think rest of the TAs will be on similar timeline). GET is sold out (after they got additional allocation of registrations and rooms) but trying to get more - it would be interesting to know how many of the 8000 half package registrations have been sold.

RunDisney using Active for Paris race registrations and a special link will be sent to register, submit PoT, select shirt sizes, etc for those that bought packages. I too expect that this would be before the 4000 half-only registrations go on sale in January 2016.

Back to my 2016 Dopey Castaway Rebel Coast-to-Coast training - 33 days left and counting...
Thanks for the update RunningPrince. Hopefully we're hear something in the next week!!

Received today the RunDisney email with the link to complete the registration.
I already have the medical certificate (here in Italy you need it for races over 10K) but i can't complete the registration because they required to upload also the certificate of an another RunDisney race if you partecipate to the Castle to Chateau Challenge, i will run Dopey and Rebel Challenge so i had to wait till january to complete registration.

One more thing the proof of time is only required if your half marathon anticipated time is under 1:30 (in US races is 3.15).

I already have the medical certificate (here in Italy you need it for races over 10K) but i can't complete the registration because they required to upload also the certificate of an another RunDisney race if you partecipate to the Castle to Chateau Challenge, i will run Dopey and Rebel Challenge so i had to wait till january to complete registration.

One more thing the proof of time is only required if your half marathon anticipated time is under 1:30 (in US races is 3.15).

I find the Castle/Chateau upload interesting and mildly concerning ... Usually they just match their database ... I'm running the Dark Side Challenge in April and then the Paris race in September ...

Brian

That doesn't sound good...I am running Tinkerbell which isn't for 5 months, but what if you're running DLH in early September? Then you can't register until then? And I still have not heard anything from runDisney...

From the rD Paris site:

runDisney proof of time guidelines.
If you do not have a proof of time to submit, leave the field empty
If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in less than 1:30 hours, proof of time is required for start corral placement. Please reference the Race Pacing Chart for finish times and associated pacing per mile (http://run.disneylandparis.com/practical-info/eligibility)
Proof of time must be provided from a certified race, 10K or longer, reflecting results after May 1, 2015.
A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following:
  • Name of race
  • Distance
  • City
  • State
  • Date
  • Finish time
  • If proof of time is not provided by June 1, 2016*, data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral. To provide or update your proof of time, please use the link that will be provided by October 6, 2015
  • No corral changes will be made after June 1, 2016*
  • As a reminder, you will no longer be able to bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth during the Expo and have your start corral place

Also:

If you complete a half marathon distance at Disneyland® Paris and at the Disneyland® Resort in California or a half marathon or marathon at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, in the same calendar year, then you will receive an additional medal commemorating your achievement
As a proof of your participation to a runDisney Marathon and Half Marathon race, please use the upload link to provide your runDisney US certificate.
If you are taking part for the first time in the runDisney Castle to Chateau Challenge, you will be asked for a proof of participation when attending a Half Marathon race in Disneyland® Resort in California or at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida.

Got the email from RunDisney this morning - link takes you to a Run Disneyland Paris website to set up emails for those in your traveling group. You then send notifications to those traveling with you (including yourself) and you are sent a new email with instructions on how to edit Participant Information. Need medical cert (and DLR/WDW Half marathon completion cert from 2016 to finish registration for Castle to Chateau) - it is uploaded to your profile on website. Back to my Dopey Castaway Rebel Challenge training...3 weeks from first of 8 runs - coast-to-Castaway Cay-to-coast.

Just signed up today! I called GET yesterday and they said they have to give back any extra inventory tomorrow, so I slipped in just under the wire. Staying at the Santa Fe. I'm excited about the trip - never excited about the training through!

Welcome! We're staying in Santa Fe as well and used GET to book - convenient as they're just 15 min from my house! Getting ready for Dopey Castaway Rebel Coast-to-Coast runcation starting next week. Are you doing 5K and/or half? Any plans to do another half at DLR or WDW in 2016 to qualify for the Castle to Chateau Challenge medal if doing the half there?

Welcome! We're staying in Santa Fe as well and used GET to book - convenient as they're just 15 min from my house! Getting ready for Dopey Castaway Rebel Coast-to-Coast runcation starting next week. Are you doing 5K and/or half? Any plans to do another half at DLR or WDW in 2016 to qualify for the Castle to Chateau Challenge medal if doing the half there?

Thanks!! That is a a lot of running coming up! I really want to do Dopey, but running a marathon terrifies me - especially since I run slower than my grandmother with her walker.

I'm doing the half (that was all GET had at the time), but I'm hoping to sign up for the 5K for me and my mom when the general race registration opens. I'm doing the Glass Slipper Challenge in Feb. and hopefully the Disneyland half in Sept., but that will depend a lot of on money and vacation days. Luckily I'm using miles to fly to WDW and Paris, so saving a lot of money there.

Good luck with the runcaction! Hope it all goes well!! :)

So.... any word from rDParis for those of us who didn't register for the packages?

I think the mad dash is on the 6th? I have to review my notes. Wonder what time they will open registration. I'm GMT-5 hours...so it could be an early morning, but not too bad.

I signed up for this race through Get Sports Travel. I am
waiting for the email with the link for final registration. Are there others who are still waiting?

Hubby is wanting to register for bib only as we already have reservations elsewhere and have annual,passes. All I can find on the website is that bib only will be available from the 12th, but I'm not sure what time to ring, or,if it's the same reservation numbers as the packages. Does anyone have any further info?

I signed up for this race through Get Sports Travel. I am
waiting for the email with the link for final registration. Are there others who are still waiting?
Talked to Get Sports representative. They are working through registrants in alphabetical order and had not gotten to my name yet. Now my daughter will feel better about booking flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!