• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Deluxe Dining -- No Appetizers?

lwc

Mouseketeer
The 2016 Deluxe Dining brochure does NOT include appetizers in the meal descriptions.

yep...appetizers are not listed as an entitlement for any table service meal. It's not a case of just having looked at the counter service section, it's been removed from all sections.

No announcement though.

I'm still hopeful that's just an oversight. They still have appetizers listed for "in-room dining."

According to the above link appetizers are only applicable on room service...which requires 2 TS like a Signature.

I'm still hopeful that's just an oversight. They still have appetizers listed for "in-room dining."

Or, the in room dining with appetizers is actually the mistake, but I hope you are correct. Unfortunately, unless they change the brochure quickly it may be awhile before we know definitively. I don't trust CMs to give accurate info.

If you look at the QS and TS pages, it looks like they were just cut and pasted from the regular DDP pdg. The character dining page references DxDDP, but those two pages do not. So, hopefully, it is just a mistake and the apps will still be available for all TS meals.

It still shows an app on the premium plan which still indicates it has all the choices of the deluxe plan with other features.

Just for the heck of it, I asked about it on chat too. I was told "According to the brochure, that is correct, no appetizer, but it is subject to change".

Enlightening, huh?

In other words, they don't know either. However, as others have said, the printed word will be the final arbiter should anyone try to argue their way into what has always been.

Just for the heck of it, I asked about it on chat too. I was told "According to the brochure, that is correct, no appetizer, but it is subject to change".

The person that I was chatting with asked to wait while they checked. They answered a few minutes later and told me they had checked with dining and it was still included. I am more likely to believe that then someone who just quotes the brochure. My next trip is October, so we should be fine anyway, but we plan on going again next year, and this would definitely change our mind on dining.

I really hope it is a misprint. One of our best foodie trips was when hubs and I did the DxDDP - signature late night and early lunch. We saved 25% over OOP even skipping half of the dessert entitlements and eating like we normally do on vacation. We may upgrade our Fall trip from DDP depending on how Mr. Littles continues to fare at longer dining experiences (so far, so good!), but we will not bother with it in the future if they take away the apps.

...but we plan on going again next year, and this would definitely change our mind on dining.

Us too.

The deluxe dining plan, in its current form is a win for us and a win for Disney.

I have done the math every which way over a few different trips.

With no plan we would order much more frugally than the DxDP and we would spend less than what the plan costs us. We would eat fewer table service meals, we would likely bring snacks and breakfast from home.

If I choose what restaurants we want to eat at, without thinking about cost, and we all order whatever we want, splitting an appetizer or two and sharing a dessert or two and each have one snack a day we spend just about the same amount with or without the plan.

So, we get the plan. And we order whatever we want and have no guilt. And my husband doesn't cringe when my 16 year old foodie daughter orders an app and an entree, doesn't finish them, but still wants dessert.

Disney definitely gets more money from us than they would if we paid for each meal out of pocket.

We get to order lavishly, without guilt, and know that the "extra" apps and desserts we would never in a million years purchase if we were paying OOP aren't costing us anything more than if paid OOP but ordered a much more reasonable quantity of food.

A win for us and a win for Disney.

BUT, eliminate the apps and we'll just pay OOP. And, honestly, if we aren't going to do a dining plan, we'll probably also rent a 5 bedroom/5 bathroom house with a private pool for $1000/week rather than staying on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter