• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR

There was a similar mysterious SoCal blockout this year (June 17-18, 2015) that didn't really correspond to anything in particular (that I recall). I looked around online, but nothing popped up for those dates, so I don't really have any ideas why those dates would be blocked out.

I mentioned previously about the bats day, and I've been looking at dapper day also.

I only just realized that they both fall on the exact same date :crazy2:

I think the Dapper one is a lot more popular, and I'm assuming that actual day itself would be pretty hectic in the parks.
From people who have seen those 2 days, do you think having both on the same day would make the parks crowded before and after the actual day also? :worried:

In my experience with Dapper Day, which as a local I avoid at all costs now, it has mostly just been the actual day that's been crazy. I don't know how many people travel just to come on Dapper Day. I've always felt like it was more locals coming out on the same day. But I could be wrong.

Likely last days for HMH and Jingle Cruise added (based on Disneyland.com operating calendar).

DLR has not announced an end date to the Season of the Force. All indications (at this point) indicate that is will continue into 2016. If you're asking about next November/December, while the name and timing kind of implies something holiday based, I don't think it actually has anything to do with the holiday season.

What is the World of Color refurbishment on 2/1? We'll be there on 2/5-2/10 - is the show going on?

What do you guys think would be better? We have the 1st week of May booked but just noticed Dapper Day and Bats Day on the first day for us in the parks. We're not huge crowd people. Will it thin out after that day a bit? Or be busy all week? If I had to move it I could only move it to the week of April 10th. Which I see there are a couple spring breaks. Suggestions?

School Breaks/Recesses
This is a listing of the major school breaks for various districts as reported by fellow Dis'ers. Note that the school calendars for the 2015-2016 academic year have begun to come out, but many school districts have not yet published their 2016-2017 calendars, so information for after June of 2016 is rather limited. Please do not view the lack of information in the latter half of 2016 as meaning there are no school districts having breaks during that period.

June 2016
Jun 1: Last Day of School (Clark County)
Jun 2: Last Day of School (San Jose, San Bernardino)
Jun 3: Last Day of School (Salt Lake City, Jordan)
Jun 7: Last Day of School (Portland)
Jun 8: Last Day of School (West Contra Costa)
Jun 9: Last Day of School (Fresno, Oakland, Washoe, Capistrano)
Jun 10: Last Day of School (Santa Clara)
Jun 10: Last Day of School (LAUSD)
Jun 14/15: Last Day of School (Salem-Keizer, Vancouver)
Jun 15: Last Day of School (San Mateo, Spokane)
Jun 16: Last Day of School (Long Beach, Santa Ana, Sacramento, Orange, Hillsboro)
Jun 17: Last Day of School (Beaverton, Tacoma)
Jun 21: Last Day of School (San Diego)
Jun 22: Last Day of School (Garden Grove)
Jun 23: Last Day of School (Seattle, Greater Victoria)
Jun 24: Last Day of School (Surrey)
Jun 28: Last Day of School (Langley)
Jun 29: Last Day of School (Coquitlam, Burnaby, Central Okanagan, Richmond)

School District Calendars by District and State
California

Thank you figment_jii !! This is excellent info for those of us coming from out of state and wanting to plan a trip before most of the California schools break for summer.

One more Orange County one for you. Irvine USD -- June 9th is the last day of school -- http://www.iusd.org/cp/documents/2015-16SchoolCalendarfinalwithSEdaysperTANov2014.pdf

Does another 24 hour event seem likely for this year?

I had asked this question as well - from what I got back was people think another 24 hour event will happen but it will not be on Feb 29th as it was 4 years ago - expectations were that it would have been announced already - but then again Disney likes to keep a few tricks up their sleeve just to keep us guessing.

This is a a fantastic help, thanks for your work on this figment!

We are planning a trip, June 23rd-28th-- to be in the park on my sons 4th Birthday! :bday: but noticed there are two events going on at that time, do you think either will cause a major increase in park traffic?

Thank you! :-)

One more Orange County one for you. Irvine USD -- June 9th is the last day of school -- http://www.iusd.org/cp/documents/2015-16SchoolCalendarfinalwithSEdaysperTANov2014.pdf
Thanks! I've added it to the school breaks calendar.

Does another 24 hour event seem likely for this year?
I do think they will be another 24-hour event this year, but I think it's going to be on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. DLR (and WDW) have been using the 24-hour day as the kick-off to the summer season and I think (despite the chaos of 2015 in DL) they're likely to do it again this year. That all being said, only time will tell. Hopefully, if it does happen in May, we'll hear about it sometime in the next few months (last year, both DLR and WDW announced the 24-hour day in early March).

This is a a fantastic help, thanks for your work on this figment! We are planning a trip, June 23rd-28th-- to be in the park on my sons 4th Birthday! but noticed there are two events going on at that time, do you think either will cause a major increase in park traffic?
In honesty, I don't think very many conferences/conventions/etc actually have that big of an impact on attendance/crowds in DLR, especially those that don't specifically involve being in the parks. For example, things like Dapper Days and Gay Days do probably impact part attendance/crowds because those events do involve going to the parks. Things like VidCon and other events at the hotels and convention center, may have a small impact on crowds, but I don't think (for the most part) it's really noticeable. If anything, I think it's more likely to impact the restaurants and bar in DTD (and the surrounding areas) in the evenings and at lunch time and hotel availability. By the end of June, summer crowds should be in pretty much full swing, so the parks are likely to be crowded anyway, so any extra visitors from the conferences aren't likely to be really noticeable.

I assume it would be busy but part of me still wants to go because its 24 hours in the happiest place on earth

I'be been during the summer before and, yes, it's busy, but it's still a lot of fun. You have to plan a bit more perhaps, but it's still possible to get a lot done and have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter