2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** May 7-10, 2015

We are arriving on Thursday afternoon figure we will head straight to the expo. We are not getting park tickets. Is there any other attractions near by or a mall or something to take a walk too?
As Kim said, you can walk to the Garden Walk area, but it's not all the interesting. I'd hang out around DTD if I had a free afternoon, and probably bring my camera. There's usually something happening up closer to the DLH and plenty to look at. Otherwise, the Disney area is somewhere between suburban sprawl and tourist trap.

Way off the subject of running, has anyone ever decorated their own Mickey Ear Hats? I ordered one off ebay w/ the intentions of creating my own and not sure about the direction for paint that would work well w/ the felt.
I haven't decorated ears, but they sould be fairly simple as long as you ordered the plain black ones. The key will be to make sure you're getting good coverage - felt has lots of little fibers that lift up.

Sorry to be so MIA - we had a death in the family and a funeral yesterday. I also am on a very important deadline at work and have been working my little brain away.
So sorry for your loss.

Never too late! There are 2 girls that do all the races and have incredible costumes and they sometimes bring their sewing machine w/ them to WDW and DL.
Ha! No way am I hauling my machine(s) across country. The outfit gets done this week or never. I just need to commit and sit down in the sewing room instead of getting sucked in by the couch and TV.

I haven't decorated ears, but they sould be fairly simple as long as you ordered the plain black ones. The key will be to make sure you're getting good coverage - felt has lots of little fibers that lift up.

Ha! No way am I hauling my machine(s) across country. The outfit gets done this week or never. I just need to commit and sit down in the sewing room instead of getting sucked in by the couch and TV.

Thanks for the tip on the felt. I lucked out and found silver ones they did for the 25th anniversary for the Disney store on ebay. I'm going for blue and silver like the colors for the 60th, so it's really just covering the sticker/logo on the front and then adding my design, but that part needs paint too.

Good luck on finishing the costumes! I couldn't haul a machine across country either. But their outfits are always incredible and you always see them on the Disney blogs or fb page; I would love to have 1/2 their talent.

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share a memory from last year! Seeing we are so close to our event memories are coming round. I was sitting out side the expo with my girlfriend we were dressed in our Tink Sister's outfit. We were a team so we dressed alike for the weekend . She it not joining me this year I'm on my own. Anyways as we sat there taking some quite time,and sun, this lady came over and introduced herself. She was the real Tinkerbell ,Walt Disney had chosen. What a thrill! She was so nice ! She sat with us for a while and told us stories of her life. Her daughter finally came by to take her to the expo stage where she was giving a talk. This was a thrilling moment she held our hands and wished us well on our run. I'm sure she showered us in Pixie Dust! Margaret Kerry I believe her name was really doesn't matter she is Tinkerbell. If you get a chance to see her on the stage try to take it in. What a marvelous lady her warmth touched my heart. Just what to share this, she is on my mind today, so I thought I needed to write about it.

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share a memory from last year! Seeing we are so close to our event memories are coming round. I was sitting out side the expo with my girlfriend we were dressed in our Tink Sister's outfit. We were a team so we dressed alike for the weekend . She it not joining me this year I'm on my own. Anyways as we sat there taking some quite time,and sun, this lady came over and introduced herself. She was the real Tinkerbell ,Walt Disney had chosen. What a thrill! She was so nice ! She sat with us for a while and told us stories of her life. Her daughter finally came by to take her to the expo stage where she was giving a talk. This was a thrilling moment she held our hands and wished us well on our run. I'm sure she showered us in Pixie Dust! Margaret Kerry I believe her name was really doesn't matter she is Tinkerbell. If you get a chance to see her on the stage try to take it in. What a marvelous lady her warmth touched my heart. Just what to share this, she is on my mind today, so I thought I needed to write about it.

:tinker:How neat and what a special memory to have. What a wonderful opportunity you had speaking with her. Thanks so much for sharing that.

Last year, I heard her speak at the speaker series and she was amazing, full of wonderful Disney history and stories. The best part was she read to us (the audience) from Peter Pan. Really, who gets to hear Tinker Bell read from a Peter Pan Book.

Lucky for us...she is going to talk again in the speaker series again. I'm planning on going Thurs to listen to her. She is a fantastic story teller. I'm so glad she's back again this year.

What a cool story! I had my picture taken with her after her talk last year. I got a mild reprimand because I let people call me Liz instead of my full name. She autographed a card using my full name. :)

:tinker:How neat and what a special memory to have. What a wonderful opportunity you had speaking with her. Thanks so much for sharing that.

Last year, I heard her speak at the speaker series and she was amazing, full of wonderful Disney history and stories. The best part was she read to us (the audience) from Peter Pan. Really, who gets to hear Tinker Bell read from a Peter Pan Book.

Lucky for us...she is going to talk again in the speaker series again. I'm planning on going Thurs to listen to her. She is a fantastic story teller. I'm so glad she's back again this year.

I really don't know why she is on my mind to today so much. I have a brain injury so I don't remember much. Things I remember about last year is during the run, I saw the sunrise and what made it special was the fact I was shocked to see the masses of a tall ship with pink sky, and a lady on the street in her white house coat and fluffy slippers toasting the runners with a mimosa. Really have little fragments memories. I have my medal so I know I was there! LOL! And today I was flood with a memory of Tinker bell don't remember any words said other than WD picked her and holding hands with her her warmth really made an impression. This very scare for me to run on my own but I will do this.

I really don't know why she is on my mind to today so much. I have a brain injury so I don't remember much. Things I remember about last year is during the run, I saw the sunrise and what made it special was the fact I was shocked to see the masses of a tall ship with pink sky, and a lady on the street in her white house coat and fluffy slippers toasting the runners with a mimosa. Really have little fragments memories. I have my medal so I know I was there! LOL! And today I was flood with a memory of Tinker bell don't remember any words said other than WD picked her and holding hands with her her warmth really made an impression. This very scare for me to run on my own but I will do this.

YOU WILL DO THIS !!!!!!!! You did last year and you will do it again !!! For Tink I have always run on my own....but remember you're really not since there are MANY MANY runners out there too.

Thanks for the tip on the felt. I lucked out and found silver ones they did for the 25th anniversary for the Disney store on ebay. I'm going for blue and silver like the colors for the 60th, so it's really just covering the sticker/logo on the front and then adding my design, but that part needs paint too.

Good luck on finishing the costumes! I couldn't haul a machine across country either. But their outfits are always incredible and you always see them on the Disney blogs or fb page; I would love to have 1/2 their talent.
For the logo, you might want to go with another sticker since painting over them can be a challenge. For the felt, I'd say to start with a big brush and then a very fine one for touch ups, but it would depend on the design. I can't freehand to save my life, so I rely on stencils, even if I have to make them myself.

My costume plan is to do Silvermist, which is going to mean a dress. I have a pattern that I'm going to adjust, and I think I'm going to simplify a bit. At some point I will stop overscheduling myself so I can do things without doing them at the last minute. I only made my top for Avengers last year - Scarlet Witch, so I used red booty shorts for the bottoms. Doing more is a bit of a challenge. If I get it done, I'll wear it for the 10k because I'm not into running a half in a new outfit.

Wow. I missed all of that last year since I arrived lateish on Saturday. Hoping to catch her this year since I arrive early.

This very scare for me to run on my own but I will do this.
Hey, you'll be running with thousands of your closest friends! You got it! :yay:

Time to start watching the weather..........it's warming up!!! :sunny: Right now Sat. high of 86 low of 60. No cloud cover :sad1: It's not going to be a cool run like we've had in the past.

I'm going to try and resist checking the weather continually. :rolleyes1

Time to start watching the weather..........it's warming up!!! :sunny: Right now Sat. high of 86 low of 60. No cloud cover :sad1: It's not going to be a cool run like we've had in the past.

But even with tomorrow's high of 91, it's still predicted to be in the low-mid 60s until after 8 am tomorrow morning. My guess is that it will be the same of all the mornings of the race weekend (which my fear was that it would be in the 70s+ starting at sunrise). I will appreciate not having to wear a running jacket on top of my race gear this year.

The mornings should be fine when we start running. It will warm up once the sun is out, but hopefully all of our running time should still be OK. Doesn't mean I'm not going to still hope for cooler weather next weekend!

I'm lucky the morning temperature is like our day time high! Live in the the Pacific Northwest. Have been worried about the warmer temp in May. Is there any humidity there?

I'm lucky the morning temperature is like our day time high! Live in the the Pacific Northwest. Have been worried about the warmer temp in May. Is there any humidity there?

Yes at times. Like during the DL 1/2 over Labor Day Weekend.
But Belle Ella could give us more info since she's down there. I wish I could bring a nice cool Bay Area fog layer in for the morning but not that talented.

Yes at times. Like during the DL 1/2 over Labor Day Weekend.
But Belle Ella could give us more info since she's down there. I wish I could bring a nice cool Bay Area fog layer in for the morning but not that talented.

YIKES! I'm coming back down for the DL doing dumbo in Sept! Thought with the Pixie I could figure out strategy for running it. Have been training 2 back to backs but hope I don't go out too fast. Worry about this gate A last year I was in E. So guess September will be a whole different animal with heat.

And thank you for all your kind words and support great appreciated!

YIKES! I'm coming back down for the DL doing dumbo in Sept! Thought with the Pixie I could figure out strategy for running it. Have been training 2 back to backs but hope I don't go out too fast. Worry about this gate A last year I was in E. So guess September will be a whole different animal with heat.

For the DL 1/2 it's always warm to hot. Some years we're lucky to have a little cloud cover. For me it really helps when we run the dirt trail.

This is my first back to back and I'm a little nervous too. My plan on Sat. be more conservative and slow so I can feel strong with no aches and pains for Sunday.

It's usually more of a dry heat, although we do get some humidity on and off. The past week has definitely been a dry heat. The 10 day forecast has it cooler than it's been this week so I'll take it. But things could change between now and then!

How does the shoe stuff work? Not the queue part, I mean, but is there a choice of widths? What happens if you don't know your size in that specific shoe? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter