• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 sail dates?

We're planning to take our first cruise with DLC in 2015. We like to go Bahamas with the Disney Dream ship but we don't know in which dates we can take it. We're from Costa Rica, so our usual weather is minimum 72 F, which month is the most indicated for us? February, April?

We're planning to take our first cruise with DLC in 2015. We like to go Bahamas with the Disney Dream ship but we don't know in which dates we can take it. We're from Costa Rica, so our usual weather is minimum 72 F, which month is the most indicated for us? February, April?

February the water may be quite cool to swim in, go April.

Is there port evidence for the Magic doing the Southerns and the Wonder doing the Westerns? I would have thought they would put the oldest non-refurbished ship on the most interesting itinerary like most other cruise lines do. It would also eliminate the requires foreign port stop between the West Coast and San Juan.

Then again DCL has never been logical!

Is there port evidence for the Magic doing the Southerns and the Wonder doing the Westerns? I would have thought they would put the oldest non-refurbished ship on the most interesting itinerary like most other cruise lines do. It would also eliminate the requires foreign port stop between the West Coast and San Juan.

Then again DCL has never been logical!

In Fall 2015 either of Magic or Wonder could swap.

But.....

Magic has done the Southern Caribbean's before.
Magic is coming back from the East ie Europe, Wonder from the West, Panama.

For both the distance is less for Magic to go to San Juan and Wonder PC.

YES Magic is upgraded, but Wonder can hold it's own, in particular if it say has an exclusive Western run.

But there inter changeable.

In Fall 2015 either of Magic or Wonder could swap.

But.....

Magic has done the Southern Caribbean's before.
Magic is coming back from the East ie Europe, Wonder from the West, Panama.

Yes. But... like you, I doubt it. The new locks on the Canal are 9+ months behind schedule. I don't see the Wonder doing anything in the Fall 2015 but keeping the west coast routes in operation.

Yes. But... like you, I doubt it. The new locks on the Canal are 9+ months behind schedule. I don't see the Wonder doing anything in the Fall 2015 but keeping the west coast routes in operation.

So your thinking Mexican Rivera seven night cruises then?

The locks at Panama are not an issue, the Wonder has not been extended , with a duck tail like the Magic, and it's next dry dock is due 2016. So it can get through old Panama.

The Mexican Rivera, has had security issues and cruises there are best in the summer not Winter, it can be cool from LA to Cabo in fog in the Pacific.

The overnight in Copenhagen has me highly suspecting the ebta will go straight there, sounds like a nice night off for the crew after a long sailing.

Would that mean arriving one day, and the next cruise leaving the next? How would a b2b work? You would have to take all your lugagge off and disembark, find a hotel, then embark again the next day? Hmmm....

michellekcm said:
Would that mean arriving one day, and the next cruise leaving the next? How would a b2b work? You would have to take all your lugagge off and disembark, find a hotel, then embark again the next day? Hmmm....

Most likely you'd have to leave for the night, but they might let you leave stuff on board. I have no idea. I just know that it's listed as a port, not just a stop, when you Look at the port schedule.

Is there port evidence for the Magic doing the Southerns and the Wonder doing the Westerns? I would have thought they would put the oldest non-refurbished ship on the most interesting itinerary like most other cruise lines do.

Can the updated Magic dock at Key West? I know the Dream and Fantasy can't, and the Wonder is doing the only stops at Key West this year. If the a Magic can't do Key West but Disney wants to stop there on a Western Caribbean cruise, that would be a reason to use the Wonder for Westerns.

Can the updated Magic dock at Key West? I know the Dream and Fantasy can't, and the Wonder is doing the only stops at Key West this year. If the a Magic can't do Key West but Disney wants to stop there on a Western Caribbean cruise, that would be a reason to use the Wonder for Westerns.

Yup the Magic can definitely dock at Key west. I was just on her this past December (after her dry dock) and we went to Key West.

Most likely you'd have to leave for the night, but they might let you leave stuff on board. I have no idea. I just know that it's listed as a port, not just a stop, when you Look at the port schedule.

Could the overnight be part of the TA? I was thinking it might be a sweetener to make up for bare minimum ports on the crossing.

Could the overnight be part of the TA? I was thinking it might be a sweetener to make up for bare minimum ports on the crossing.

Who knows. But I've never heard of a cruise ship overnighting with passengers in a destination (last) port, and Disney has not done it at the end port for any prior TA. Doesn't mean it hasn't been done by someone else, though. My gut is time off for some staff and ample time to stock the ship for the European cruises. I also wonder, if it's true that some of these cruises might be "Frozen" themed, that the time might be used to put up related decorations, etc. :confused3

Who knows. But I've never heard of a cruise ship overnighting with passengers in a destination (last) port, and Disney has not done it at the end port for any prior TA. Doesn't mean it hasn't been done by someone else, though. My gut is time off for some staff and ample time to stock the ship for the European cruises. I also wonder, if it's true that some of these cruises might be "Frozen" themed, that the time might be used to put up related decorations, etc. :confused3

I.ve been on a cruise (not DCL) that overnighted in the last port (Quebec City). I love overnighting on a cruise - also did it once with DCL in San Fran, but not last night.

I am pretty sure that Disney did stay overnight in Barcelona at the end of the 2010 TA. I thought it was an odd thing to do, but a friend who was on that cruise loved it.

Who knows. But I've never heard of a cruise ship overnighting with passengers in a destination (last) port, and Disney has not done it at the end port for any prior TA. Doesn't mean it hasn't been done by someone else, though.

Not a TA, but our 9 day Med this summer is scheduled to overnight the last night in the destination port, Venice

Overnighting on a ship in port really isn't that unusual. We've overnighted in Maui with American-Hawaii cruises; in St. Petersburg, Russia, with Celebrity; and in Quebec on the last night of a Princess cruise. Some of the Canadian passengers who lived in the area disembarked that night and went home while the rest of us enjoyed the last night on board.

The day before our Australia/New Zealand cruise with Celebrity, the ship docked in Sydney. We were surprised to see her sitting there, but she had just come from Hawaii and the passengers overnighted in their floating hotel before disembarking the next morning.

On DCL we've overnighted in San Francisco. On our DCL Panama Canal cruise we couldn't dock at Castaway Cay due to weather so we headed on to Aruba and overnighted there.

I am pretty sure that Disney did stay overnight in Barcelona at the end of the 2010 TA. I thought it was an odd thing to do, but a friend who was on that cruise loved it.

We were on the 2011 EBTA and we overnighted in Barcelona at the end of the cruise. It was great - it gave us an opportunity to do an awesome full-day private tour in Barcelona without needing to find a hotel. We disembarked the next morning and flew to London (along with all the masses of soccer fans!).

Who knows. But I've never heard of a cruise ship overnighting with passengers in a destination (last) port, and Disney has not done it at the end port for any prior TA.

Not true. DCL did an overnight in Barcelona at the end of the 2007 EBTA and at the beginning of the 2007 WBTA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter