• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2015 sail dates?

There are other cruise lines??!! :eek::eek: ;) I have only done two cruises and they have both been Disney. I have 5 next year and they are all Disney. Eventually, I will have to try a different cruise line because I want to sail to Antarctica. I wasn't thinking they were behind or ahead, I was just thinking I would like to get on with planning 2015. I have 2016 planned (but that isn't a cruise). Not booked, but planned and 2014 is completely done. I keep saying I will just wing it 2015, but I can't, it's not in my personality design.:rotfl:

I'm curious to know your '14, '15, and '16 plans!! I like to plan ahead, too, and I'm always so interested in hearing others plans. :)

Just got the "currently undergoing maintenance" page.
So maybe today or maybe they're just fixing, adjusting and adding more pixie dust?
2015 dates opening would be a nice distraction from the #DisneyMP waiting room...

I'm curious to know your '14, '15, and '16 plans!! I like to plan ahead, too, and I'm always so interested in hearing others plans. :)

The back story is: this year we went around the northern hemisphere to 8 countries as a family which included the 2 Disney's in Asia. Odd years, we travel as a family. Here is the link to give you an idea.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103247010048907084999/albums/5902443785172559521

Even years, my kids get individual trips with mom. So, 2014 they each picked a cruise. We always go away for Thanksgiving, so I booked the Dream 2014 Thanksgiving as a family. April on the Wonder with 1 child, Magic in Southern in Oct with DS, Fantasy for Halloween with the youngest.

My kids are asking to go to all of the Disney's around the world, again. So I explained that I would only do that if I have roundtrip miles. I need 65k per person for United. However, United give 8 miles per dollar on cruises (up to 30k per cruise) for booking cruises through them.

I don't think I will have enough miles to go around the world 2015; all of the kids want to go back to Tokyo and Hong Kong Disney as well as Shanghai Disney when it opens. If I can get the miles for 2016, we will do an around the world Disney trip. We have done DLP in the past and my kids love each Disney for it's uniqueness. Since United gives one free stop over, we will fly into Thailand, spend some time in Asia, finish in Tokyo and take the flight schedule via Germany, and take the free stop over there. It's inexpensive to get to Germany to Paris, so we'll take two weeks for the free stop before coming home.

So, I put it to a vote. We can do back to back family trips 2015, 2016 or we can do back to back individual trips (2014, 2015) and 2016 go as a family. The back to back individual trips were unanimous. One child wants to do Panama Canal, one wants to do Alaska, one wants to go to Disney, Universal, and Sea World. I would like to do the Baltic Northern Europe, if it comes out.

Sorry, it's harder to explain on the internet, but that is why i am anxious about the 2015 schedule. I need to book the flights from USA to Asia by July/Aug if we plan to go April/May. Easter is March 27, 2016 so we should be in Europe mid to late May when all of the kids are in school. Kids should be in school in China, Hong Kong, and Tokyo kids should be in school by late April/early May. I'm trying to avoid the crowds as well.;)

So when not on Disney, what cruise line do you recommend? I am not a drinker, smoker, partier, or gambler. In other words, I'm no fun at all. :rotfl2: My goal is to get to Antarctica in the next 4 years. I guess that means 2017:eek: Which cruise line would you recommend?

I could've sworn I responded to this last night, but apparently I only previewed my post! I pick my cruises by itinerary and price. I would be happy to sail on Royal Caribbean, HAL, Princess, or Celebrity again.

Some cruise lines go to Antarctica while sailing around South America. Lindblad Expeditions will spend much more time there, but you'll need to save your pennies for that one: http://www.expeditions.com/brochure...=Branded&utm_source=Bing_Yahoo&utm_medium=cpc

I could've sworn I responded to this last night, but apparently I only previewed my post! I pick my cruises by itinerary and price. I would be happy to sail on Royal Caribbean, HAL, Princess, or Celebrity again.

Some cruise lines go to Antarctica while sailing around South America. Lindblad Expeditions will spend much more time there, but you'll need to save your pennies for that one: http://www.expeditions.com/brochure...=Branded&utm_source=Bing_Yahoo&utm_medium=cpc

That is costly!!

Have you sailed Seaborne? I was thinking about sailing with them, but maybe if I start now, I'll have the money saved for 2017 with Lindblad.

Very cool pictures. Looks like a wonderful trip. Kids must be proud to say they have been to Disney around the world!

The only reason we went to Singapore is because we couldn't get a flight to the Philippines and I booked early Sept to leave June 17th. We ended up loving Singapore, so we were very fortunate.

My kids are glad they have been to each Disney. The youngest is going to Disneyland for the first time next Sunday. So she is the last to say she has been to each Disney. My mom was laughing when she explained she got to Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Paris before she got to LA!

The back story is: this year we went around the northern hemisphere to 8 countries as a family which included the 2 Disney's in Asia. Odd years, we travel as a family. Here is the link to give you an idea.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103247010048907084999/albums/5902443785172559521

Even years, my kids get individual trips with mom. So, 2014 they each picked a cruise. We always go away for Thanksgiving, so I booked the Dream 2014 Thanksgiving as a family. April on the Wonder with 1 child, Magic in Southern in Oct with DS, Fantasy for Halloween with the youngest.

My kids are asking to go to all of the Disney's around the world, again. So I explained that I would only do that if I have roundtrip miles. I need 65k per person for United. However, United give 8 miles per dollar on cruises (up to 30k per cruise) for booking cruises through them.

I don't think I will have enough miles to go around the world 2015; all of the kids want to go back to Tokyo and Hong Kong Disney as well as Shanghai Disney when it opens. If I can get the miles for 2016, we will do an around the world Disney trip. We have done DLP in the past and my kids love each Disney for it's uniqueness. Since United gives one free stop over, we will fly into Thailand, spend some time in Asia, finish in Tokyo and take the flight schedule via Germany, and take the free stop over there. It's inexpensive to get to Germany to Paris, so we'll take two weeks for the free stop before coming home.

So, I put it to a vote. We can do back to back family trips 2015, 2016 or we can do back to back individual trips (2014, 2015) and 2016 go as a family. The back to back individual trips were unanimous. One child wants to do Panama Canal, one wants to do Alaska, one wants to go to Disney, Universal, and Sea World. I would like to do the Baltic Northern Europe, if it comes out.

Sorry, it's harder to explain on the internet, but that is why i am anxious about the 2015 schedule. I need to book the flights from USA to Asia by July/Aug if we plan to go April/May. Easter is March 27, 2016 so we should be in Europe mid to late May when all of the kids are in school. Kids should be in school in China, Hong Kong, and Tokyo kids should be in school by late April/early May. I'm trying to avoid the crowds as well.;)

Would you please adopt me??!! :worship:

That is costly!!

Have you sailed Seaborne? I was thinking about sailing with them, but maybe if I start now, I'll have the money saved for 2017 with Lindblad.

I haven't sailed with Seabourn, but I'm sure they charge much more than I'm willing to pay. Heck - DCL usually charges more than I'm willing to pay!

The back story is: this year we went around the northern hemisphere to 8 countries as a family which included the 2 Disney's in Asia. Odd years, we travel as a family. Here is the link to give you an idea. https://plus.google.com/photos/103247010048907084999/albums/5902443785172559521 Even years, my kids get individual trips with mom. So, 2014 they each picked a cruise. We always go away for Thanksgiving, so I booked the Dream 2014 Thanksgiving as a family. April on the Wonder with 1 child, Magic in Southern in Oct with DS, Fantasy for Halloween with the youngest. My kids are asking to go to all of the Disney's around the world, again. So I explained that I would only do that if I have roundtrip miles. I need 65k per person for United. However, United give 8 miles per dollar on cruises (up to 30k per cruise) for booking cruises through them. I don't think I will have enough miles to go around the world 2015; all of the kids want to go back to Tokyo and Hong Kong Disney as well as Shanghai Disney when it opens. If I can get the miles for 2016, we will do an around the world Disney trip. We have done DLP in the past and my kids love each Disney for it's uniqueness. Since United gives one free stop over, we will fly into Thailand, spend some time in Asia, finish in Tokyo and take the flight schedule via Germany, and take the free stop over there. It's inexpensive to get to Germany to Paris, so we'll take two weeks for the free stop before coming home. So, I put it to a vote. We can do back to back family trips 2015, 2016 or we can do back to back individual trips (2014, 2015) and 2016 go as a family. The back to back individual trips were unanimous. One child wants to do Panama Canal, one wants to do Alaska, one wants to go to Disney, Universal, and Sea World. I would like to do the Baltic Northern Europe, if it comes out. Sorry, it's harder to explain on the internet, but that is why i am anxious about the 2015 schedule. I need to book the flights from USA to Asia by July/Aug if we plan to go April/May. Easter is March 27, 2016 so we should be in Europe mid to late May when all of the kids are in school. Kids should be in school in China, Hong Kong, and Tokyo kids should be in school by late April/early May. I'm trying to avoid the crowds as well.;)

Um wow. And I though my kid was lucky! You are an AWESOME momma! What fun memories they are going to have!!!

We did our first Dis cruise last May and want to do another in 2015 but want to start planning. Where will I see the new schedule? Do I just keep looking here? Specially, we want to do one of the repositioning so I would have thought they would know that already. Thanks for the help :)

Really hoping for the Baltic again in 2015. With the Frozen ABD, it would be an awesome time for DCL to return. I doubt we'll hear this early on the summer itineraries, though it would be great to know this far in advance like with some other lines.

We did our first Dis cruise last May and want to do another in 2015 but want to start planning. Where will I see the new schedule? Do I just keep looking here? Specially, we want to do one of the repositioning so I would have thought they would know that already. Thanks for the help :)

I would keep checking here ;) Last year the dates came out just before I left for my Valentine's Day cruise. So mid Feb for 2014 itineraries. However, I found out the dates and schedule here, Tuesday I think, and Thursday I was able to book. So I knew going onto the cruise which ones I wanted exactly.

So when not on Disney, what cruise line do you recommend? I am not a drinker, smoker, partier, or gambler. In other words, I'm no fun at all. :rotfl2: My goal is to get to Antarctica in the next 4 years. I guess that means 2017:eek: Which cruise line would you recommend?

Oooh, Antarctica is on my bucket list too! There are great recommendations over on Cruise Critic.

Jill in CO

I would keep checking here ;) Last year the dates came out just before I left for my Valentine's Day cruise. So mid Feb for 2014 itineraries. However, I found out the dates and schedule here, Tuesday I think, and Thursday I was able to book. So I knew going onto the cruise which ones I wanted exactly.

It was DURING our Valentine's day cruise (5n Wonder) I booked on board on opening day. Interestingly I tried to book the day before (Gold/Platinum) but they would not do it, even though on other cruised they've done this for other non gold/platinum guests.

It was DURING our Valentine's day cruise (5n Wonder) I booked on board on opening day. Interestingly I tried to book the day before (Gold/Platinum) but they would not do it, even though on other cruised they've done this for other non gold/platinum guests.

I was on the Dream, so I think it was the first night. That is crazy about the gold/platinum status and not letting you book.

Oooh, Antarctica is on my bucket list too! There are great recommendations over on Cruise Critic.

Jill in CO

You will probably get there before me; let me know what you have booked and if you liked it. My brother went on a cargo ship. :crazy2: I'll wait and go on a nice ship before I sleep outside on a ship just to say I've been. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter