2015 sail dates?

It would definitely be fall in Canada by the time the Wonder left Alaska, sailed to CA, through the Panama Canal, and up to NY. If DCL sails out of NY at all, I think they are more likely to skip Alaska and sail out of there in the summer, too, as the NY sailings were also quite lucrative.

Yes! And leave nothing on the West Coast!!

Unless they want to do the add on ducktail like the Magic. Then they won't be able to fit through the canal.

The plan was to do this next year but since the locks are behind schedule, DCL doesn't want to miss the chance of moving the Wonder thru it.

Also, the Magic could sail from Europe straight to NY in early Sept..

On our September cruise our server in Palo said that the Wonder would not be going to Alaska in 2915 and that she would be having a major overhaul including the same changes as the re imagined Magic....we'll see I guess

On our September cruise our server in Palo said that the Wonder would not be going to Alaska in 2915 and that she would be having a major overhaul including the same changes as the re imagined Magic....we'll see I guess

2915 is a long way away!

The plan was to do this next year but since the locks are behind schedule, DCL doesn't want to miss the chance of moving the Wonder thru it.

Also, the Magic could sail from Europe straight to NY in early Sept..

A number of ships that sail in Europe during the summer reposition to the east coast for Canada cruises in the fall. For the Magic to do that after a summer in Europe is more plausible to me than the Wonder leaving Alaska early to travel around to the east coast. However, I still think that if a ship does Canada cruises in the fall, it will also also sail from NY at least part of the summer.

The plan WAS to do the same changes to the Wonder, but then the work expanding the Panama Canal locks fell behind and should she have the work done next year as planned she would not fit. They also did schedule a last minute dry dock in January and cancel some cruises too, which would also be odd if she were to have a more extensive one in the same year. Since Alaska sells very well (and Disney has been having a heck of a time finding ports other than Florida & the med that also sell well) I'd be very surprised if they don't put it off as others have said.

3 cruises and I can honestly say, our favorite was the Mexican Riviera. I loved the California weather in February, loved how easy it was to get back and forth from the airport, loved our hotel.....all opposite of how we felt about the 8 night out of Galveston. I for one would love to do another west coast cruise.

I loved our Mexican Riviera cruise as well....we had 2 stops in Cabo (one of my favorite ports)...and the weather was perfect in April. I would definitely book another one if it was on the West Coast. I don't understand why they don't do 2 days in San Francisco and just make it a Roundtrip from Los Angeles...airfare from Vancouver just makes it not worth it for my family.

I just e-mailed my travel agent about a cruise that boldly goes where no DCL ship goes, and she said some cruise lines are already booking for 2016. um, hullo? DCL, puhleeze get with the program!

Just bumping this one up... I know that the summer of 2015 seems like a far way away... but I'd love to be already counting down to a Disney cruise!!!

When 2015 comes out, it will most likely be Jan-May 2015, so it will be a bit longer before you'll get summer 2015....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

For those of us waiting to plan, 2015 summer seems like it's closing in upon us ;)

NCL and perhaps Carnival will probably be the first to post 2015 summer itineraries. However, other mass market cruise lines won't announce summer 2015 sailings to Alaska or Europe until late winter or early spring. DCL really isn't behind.

NCL and perhaps Carnival will probably be the first to post 2015 summer itineraries. However, other mass market cruise lines won't announce summer 2015 sailings to Alaska or Europe until late winter or early spring. DCL really isn't behind.

There are other cruise lines??!! :eek::eek:

;)

I have only done two cruises and they have both been Disney. I have 5 next year and they are all Disney. Eventually, I will have to try a different cruise line because I want to sail to Antarctica. I wasn't thinking they were behind or ahead, I was just thinking I would like to get on with planning 2015. I have 2016 planned (but that isn't a cruise). Not booked, but planned and 2014 is completely done. I keep saying I will just wing it 2015, but I can't, it's not in my personality design.:rotfl:

There are other cruise lines??!! :eek::eek:

;)

I have only done two cruises and they have both been Disney. I have 5 next year and they are all Disney. Eventually, I will have to try a different cruise line because I want to sail to Antarctica. I wasn't thinking they were behind or ahead, I was just thinking I would like to get on with planning 2015. I have 2016 planned (but that isn't a cruise). Not booked, but planned and 2014 is completely done. I keep saying I will just wing it 2015, but I can't, it's not in my personality design.:rotfl:

Hard to believe, but yes - there are quite a few other cruise lines! ;) I also like to plan ahead, and I have a cruise booked for February 2015. I have thought about some trips I'd like to take in 2015 and 2016, but they aren't necessarily cruises.

Hard to believe, but yes - there are quite a few other cruise lines! ;) I also like to plan ahead, and I have a cruise booked for February 2015. I have thought about some trips I'd like to take in 2015 and 2016, but they aren't necessarily cruises.

So when not on Disney, what cruise line do you recommend? I am not a drinker, smoker, partier, or gambler. In other words, I'm no fun at all. :rotfl2: My goal is to get to Antarctica in the next 4 years. I guess that means 2017:eek: Which cruise line would you recommend?

I think RC already has 2015 spring itineraries out. We almost booked one out of Baltimore for April 2015, but decided to wait to see Disney info.

We did NCL last April out of NYC and LOVED it (despite the nor'easter) and then Carnival this past April (PCC to Eastern Carib) My friend and her husband want to go Disney again. I'm all for it, although it's a lot more money than we've previously spent, so we're making sure it's EXACTLY what we want. My husband will ONLY do Western this time (he's sick of the Bahamas, after only being there twice!) and I'm happy going anywhere.

I read somewhere that Dec 4 was the date to be watching for the first half of 2015 itineraries?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter