2015 New Balance Shoes

Last year we got a sneak peek and posted about on social media during the runDisney Wine & Dine meetup.

I want to know which characters the shoes will be this year. If it's not a princess then I probably won't want to get a pair.

Kinda surprising that we haven't seen anything leaked yet - last year there was a meetup in Atlanta and the Wine & Dine meetup had sneak peeks!

I told DH there's a rumor the new shoes will be Stars Wars themed this year, and suddenly he was much more excited about joining me at the Expo on WDW weekend! ;)

How do you register for a fitting? We're running the Half at WDW and super excited about getting to buy shoes!! (Hopefully!! lol.)

How do you register for a fitting? We're running the Half at WDW and super excited about getting to buy shoes!! (Hopefully!! lol.)

New Balance should release a link closer to the date that will allow registered runners to loosely schedule a time to try & buy shoes. For the Disneyland Half weekend, you registered at 6am & received a text or email giving you a one hour window to visit the NB store at the Expo that day. Not sure if it'll be exactly the same for WDW weekend, but I'm sure others with more experience with the WDW races will jump in here.

New Balance should release a link closer to the date that will allow registered runners to loosely schedule a time to try & buy shoes. For the Disneyland Half weekend, you registered at 6am & received a text or email giving you a one hour window to visit the NB store at the Expo that day. Not sure if it'll be exactly the same for WDW weekend, but I'm sure others with more experience with the WDW races will jump in here.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! I was searching their (New Balance - Disney) website and it doesn't mention WDW Weekend at all, so I'm hoping they'll have shoes then.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! I was searching their (New Balance - Disney) website and it doesn't mention WDW Weekend at all, so I'm hoping they'll have shoes then.

Me too! There's a good blog out there describing how the process works. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here, but if you search for "disney new balance virtual queue" you should find it.

At Tower of terror expo the girl helping me get my shoes was telling me that the new shoes design was being voted on and it looked like it may be a toy story themed shoe for 2015.

I am considering switching from Asics to New Balance because they are made here in MA, so I am watching to see what the design will be to decide if I will get Disney sneakers or generic. :yay:

I am considering switching from Asics to New Balance because they are made here in MA, so I am watching to see what the design will be to decide if I will get Disney sneakers or generic. :yay:

I'm excited to see the new designs, too. Can't believe they still haven't released the photos or even a teaser of some sort.

i dont think they will do any type of frozen shoe the colour's would be to close to the Cinderella shoes

I love the idea of Star Wars sneakers. You know what else would bee cool, The Incredibles! (especially for me who will be dressed as Mr. Incredible)

Me too! There's a good blog out there describing how the process works. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here, but if you search for "disney new balance virtual queue" you should find it.

Thank you! I'm looking at it now.

Does anyone know how much the shoes typically cost?

Does anyone remember the model numbers the shoes come in? Am I right in remembering they came out with two models last year?

Is the 860v4 the original, stability model they came out with? I tried the 890s on at a local running store and expected them to be stability but the clerk said they weren't.

The 860s are stability shoes, the 890s are neutral. You can see the general models with more info on the NB website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter