2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Question,
Can I book a free dining plan for a 10 night stay and then later if I have to cut the trip short by a couple days? Will I still get free dining? Thanks for the help.

Question,
Can I book a free dining plan for a 10 night stay and then later if I have to cut the trip short by a couple days? Will I still get free dining? Thanks for the help.
Disney has changed their policy, now if you want to drop days off, they will only do it if it is available as a new booking for those dates.

Does this hold true if you have to arrive a day late? I was on the phone and she said it would just turn into a one night shorter stay but I would still get free dining.

I just got a UOC for fall.

I am already booked for free dining at CBR with water view room Nov 9-23rd. I called to see if I could get free dining with standard room. No luck. I checked Coronado as well. There were no rooms available there at all.

I would have loved to save a couple hundred dollars in a standard room, but I'm not complaining. It was still exciting to get my UOC!

If I am arriving on 11/19/15 in the very late afternoon, will I be able to use my disney dining AoA for dinner the first night before I go to a park on the 20th?
You probably know all this stuff (and if so, please disregard) but in case you don't or someone else following this thread doesn't know: If you are considering AoA for dinner, this is a QS (quick service or counter service) credit so yes you could certainly do this. If you have the regular Dining Plan that includes TS (table service), then you would not want to use one of the more $ TS credits at AoA (just use the QS credit). You could do as the poster above mentioned, use the extra TS credit at a signature 2 TS credit restaurant or, what I usually do, is either go to Downtown Disney that first night & see if I can get a walk-in at Raglan Road to use the TS credit. If I am too tired, or my flight is delayed, then I book a nice TS restaurant for lunch one day later in my vacation eg in Epcot and double up on 2 TS restaurants that day and save the extra QS credit for breakfast on my resort day or day off. I hope that helps! Sometimes all of the dining credit info can be about as clear as mud o_O It helps to remember that your dining credits are available to use anytime you want during your vacation and are pooled between all the members of your party. They aren't doled out to each of you each day but can be used in any combo you want during your stay. Technically, you could use all of your QS and/or TS credits on day 1 (if you could inhale all that food). I often use many of my snack credits on my Epcot days during the Food & Wine Festival because they can be a great value on some of the most $ food booth items. Best wishes!

We are going 9/23-9/30. I am stressing over what to do. I am not sure if there is a chance that Worcester might drop their prices. I would hate to wait and then have Hartford raise their price too. I hate the stress of buying airline tickets.

I hear you!!!! I fortunately grabbed my flights just before they went up $15 each way. Now looking at the flights on the days you said, there is still quite a few seats but it is going to be along stressful wait to see if they do go down. I didn't look at Hartford flight times or prices so I'm not sure what they are but based on your post sounds like they are in the lower price catagory. I wish I had advise to give but I'd be struggling just as you are with those prices. And yes Hartford could go up on you. It really is ridiculous that the pricing can't just be a standard price. The other risk you take is if the price lowers, by the time you get to book you might only be able to get 1 or 2 seats at the lower price and then what does that mean for the rest of your party. I'd have a serious pow wow with all the adults in your party ASAP and make a joint decision that not matter what happens outside of that decision no one says "I told you so" and you live with the decision. I know my flights could go back to the 101 and save me money but I decided to pay the extra and stop stressing.

FYI, not sure why, but the flights coming from MCO to ORH are usually higher than going down.

I just got a UOC for fall.

I am already booked for free dining at CBR with water view room Nov 9-23rd. I called to see if I could get free dining with standard room. No luck. I checked Coronado as well. There were no rooms available there at all.

I would have loved to save a couple hundred dollars in a standard room, but I'm not complaining. It was still exciting to get my UOC!

Does your UOC have a Room only Discount for POR....Just curious. I'm gone before your dates but was wondering if a RO might come out.
However with POR being so popular, I'm not feeling hopeful, unless of course I upgrade above Garden. Which technically, I don't think will save me any money. Just give me a different view.

Still waiting for a UOC.

I know this is a little off topic, but can you edit Dining reservations? I was going to add I'm celebrating my birthday in Disney, and was going to mention that on it, but I forgot to when I was booking them...

I know this is a little off topic, but can you edit Dining reservations? I was going to add I'm celebrating my birthday in Disney, and was going to mention that on it, but I forgot to when I was booking them...
I haven't seen that option, but the dining line typically is easy to get through and a quick call to have that added.
I forgot to add our 27th Anniversary to our ADRs and will need to eventually call.
Don't forget to get your Birthday Button at the Resort front desk or at Guest relations. That is fun to have people acknowledge your Birthday. Even guests will wish you a Happy day.

FYI, while booking my Pirates and Pals Fireworks voyage and Pirates League I asked about the Villians Soiree during MNSSHP and the CM said they are likely not doing it again because it didn't work out so well last year.

FYI, while booking my Pirates and Pals Fireworks voyage and Pirates League I asked about the Villians Soiree during MNSSHP and the CM said they are likely not doing it again because it didn't work out so well last year.

We did it last year, I enjoyed everything about it.... Except the desserts they provided :crazy2:... Loved the viewing for the parade, and loved the interaction with the Villians!

woohoo, convinced DW that we would be better off with 6 nights rather than 5, gives us a day in the middle to relax and not be so rushed to fit everything in. Was able to add the 6th night no problem so now will be 10/30-11/5 with 6 days of FD :) in Pirate room at CBR. Many seem to be down on the Pirate rooms but I am hoping it will work out ok, Kids (12, 11) are excited about Pirates as we have always just had plain standard rooms so this will add a special twist. Not concerned about the distance from Old Port Royale, not crazy about double beds but then we were at CBR 2 years ago when all they had were double beds so hoping it's worth the trade off, was our only option for CBR anyhow. Got all our ADR's that we wanted (BOG/lunch, Crystal Palace, Boma, Chef Mickey's, Tokyo Dining, Yak & Yeti, and Tutto Italia Ristorante) although would like to get an earlier time for Tutto Italia on 10/30 (best I could get was 7:30). Overall coming together and very excited! :). Probably will be our last trip for a while so hoping to make it the best one yet. Thinking about trying to do a QS at AoA as I've seem lots of comments about how good the food court is there, Any other info on that? If staying at CBR will parking permit allow to park at AoA (been able to do that for Boma in the past with no problem)? Would like to maybe explore some of the other resorts like AoA that we have not been to before.

woohoo, convinced DW that we would be better off with 6 nights rather than 5, gives us a day in the middle to relax and not be so rushed to fit everything in. Was able to add the 6th night no problem so now will be 10/30-11/5 with 6 days of FD :) in Pirate room at CBR. Many seem to be down on the Pirate rooms but I am hoping it will work out ok, Kids (12, 11) are excited about Pirates as we have always just had plain standard rooms so this will add a special twist. Not concerned about the distance from Old Port Royale, not crazy about double beds but then we were at CBR 2 years ago when all they had were double beds so hoping it's worth the trade off, was our only option for CBR anyhow. Got all our ADR's that we wanted (BOG/lunch, Crystal Palace, Boma, Chef Mickey's, Tokyo Dining, Yak & Yeti, and Tutto Italia Ristorante) although would like to get an earlier time for Tutto Italia on 10/30 (best I could get was 7:30). Overall coming together and very excited! :). Probably will be our last trip for a while so hoping to make it the best one yet. Thinking about trying to do a QS at AoA as I've seem lots of comments about how good the food court is there, Any other info on that? If staying at CBR will parking permit allow to park at AoA (been able to do that for Boma in the past with no problem)? Would like to maybe explore some of the other resorts like AoA that we have not been to before.
Just tell the gate your visiting the resort. That's what I did when we stayed at crs and my sister stay at the pop

I am seeing a couple resorts available (late Sep / early Oct) that haven't been showing up recently, including AS Music. Might be worth a check this morning if anyone's still looking.

We stayed in a pirate room last summer and I even thought it was fun. Our kids were 4 and 6 and we had no problems walking to OPR even after days in the parks. (I loved the Jack Sparrow picture hanging on the wall ;))

I am seeing a couple resorts available (late Sep / early Oct) that haven't been showing up recently, including AS Music. Might be worth a check this morning if anyone's still looking.
I just went online and many of the deluxe are available for my week 10/26-10/30, BC, YC, AK, WL as well as All Star Music.

I had CBR booked 12/15-12/20 in prefered room. Checked today and standard was available. Decided to call and got right through to modify the reservation. Saved $300!

Also I asked about using my tickets early. I got 7 day tickets. WE have 5 night for free dining, we will be adding a RO reservation at the beginning. If I check in to my RO reservation on 12/12, how do I get my tickets associated with package that starts on 12/15? The CM on phone said I couldn't use them, but I thought on here I read that you can. Just looking for confirmation and details on how to do it. Thanks!

This morning I was able to modify my reservation at POR from a royal room with pool view to royal with a garden view and saved $140. Gives me hope that I'll be able to modify it further at some point (I try a million times a day!) to a regular room and save more money.

This morning I was able to modify my reservation at POR from a royal room with pool view to royal with a garden view and saved $140. Gives me hope that I'll be able to modify it further at some point (I try a million times a day!) to a regular room and save more money.

I'm glad to hear this! I've been losing hope that anything will show up. I've been in the same boat, trying a million times a day and coming up with nothing. I'm looking to downgrade from Pirate water view to any moderate at a lower rate for 10/25-10/31. Lots of deluxe available, but no mods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter