2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

I wasn't sure where to post this but I am going to be canceling my free dining reservations @ CBR "preferred room" from Nov 14-20th & the same from Dec 15-20th if anyone would like to coordinate. Decided to just rent DVC points instead.

Was that 5am ET? I'm thinking my best chance is to try first thing every morning until something turns up for my dates. I'm just trying to determine what time the inventory seems to be released so I can set an earlier alarm. This feels kind of crazy to be so obsessive, but I just don't want to pay the extra $ for a pirate room that is so far away from everything at CBR.

Yep, it's eastern! When I checked between 10 and 11pm last night there was no change, but my TA got us booked in at 5am.

Hope you get what you need soon so you can stop setting the alarm :goodvibes

I have been driving my hubby crazy all week about Disney. I was waiting for POR to open up in a standard room, but CBR opened up for 9/25-10/3 in a standard room, and I grabbed it up. Going to be there for the first day of the Food and Wine festival. Woo hoo!!

I have been driving my hubby crazy all week about Disney. I was waiting for POR to open up in a standard room, but CBR opened up for 9/25-10/3 in a standard room, and I grabbed it up. Going to be there for the first day of the Food and Wine festival. Woo hoo!!
A lot of Hubby trying crazy nights for many I guess. I'll have to let DH know he isn't getting all that special of a treat as he isn't the only one. :lmao:

Love this board!! Though I haven't slept right in several nights, staying up till midnight, then waking up at 4:15 and 6am, hoping and checking for CBR to open during our dates (10/31-11/8), I just appreciate all the tips on FD and all the great comments from everyone.

We have two rooms at Pop right now, which I'm sure we will love, but I would just love to save $700 and stay at CBR again. My kids adore the pirate pools and beaches, and I swear they have the best buses.

I will keep calling and pestering the nice CM's, and keep refreshing my iPad at all hours of the night and know I'm not the only one living this crazy obsessed life :)

No new rooms at CBR for our week. We booked CSR because DH and I like it there, but DD really wants CBR. I have a standard at CSR so I told her only if standards open up at CBR I will switch. So nervous though, what if I see it and switch one room, then there isn't another room? Yikes. When you see it open, you don't know if it's one room or many.

So funny I have CBR but want CSR lol! Do you have FD as well? I didn't see any availability at CSR even before FD came out.

You will be there on the exact dates as 2 others and I that have been chatting on this thread. It's going to be a good vacation for all of us! :)

You will be there on the exact dates as 2 others and I that have been chatting on this thread. It's going to be a good vacation for all of us! :)
We are also going that same week. We had a blast at the food and wine festival last year. For any veterans out there....does anyone know when they start to release the info on the different booths and menus for the festival? I am dying to see what is being offered this year:)

So funny I have CBR but want CSR lol! Do you have FD as well? I didn't see any availability at CSR even before FD came out.
For our week CSR had a ton of availability for FD. CBR didn't have any standard even before FD, now that everyone cancelled there are standard rooms, but not for FD.

does anyone know when they start to release the info on the different booths and menus for the festival?
I think its usually about 3 months before F&W starts so look for last week in June. If I'm wrong (and haven't had enough coffee this a.m.!) maybe someone can correct me.

Sounds like several folks were able to get fd or switch to a preferred resort - congrats! I have been checking every day, early and night to see if CSR or CBR become available. I think the week we are going is working against me, its the only week in Oct they offered fd and its Halloween week. I am thrilled we got fd (had to change from AoA to Pop) but can't help but check to see if either mod opens up. I am not sure whether I would even save money but I had to book a preferred pool at Pop and pay to upgrade to the Plus dining so it can't be too far off it we were able to snag one of the mods. I should just be happy with what we scored but I can't help think of those 2 resorts and how much my kids would love them. I also didn't get the one dining res I wanted, BOG for dinner on my daughters birthday so I am just hopeful that I get one or the other and truthfully I would rather get the BOG res!

Sounds like several folks were able to get fd or switch to a preferred resort - congrats! I have been checking every day, early and night to see if CSR or CBR become available. I think the week we are going is working against me, its the only week in Oct they offered fd and its Halloween week. I am thrilled we got fd (had to change from AoA to Pop) but can't help but check to see if either mod opens up. I am not sure whether I would even save money but I had to book a preferred pool at Pop and pay to upgrade to the Plus dining so it can't be too far off it we were able to snag one of the mods. I should just be happy with what we scored but I can't help think of those 2 resorts and how much my kids would love them. I also didn't get the one dining res I wanted, BOG for dinner on my daughters birthday so I am just hopeful that I get one or the other and truthfully I would rather get the BOG res!
I was able to get CSR by adding an extra day. Still saving tons of money. (OCt. 25-Nov 1st) I am still checking everyday to see if I can upgrade to business class. Try adding an extra day to your search. Something may pop up.

No new rooms at CBR for our week. We booked CSR because DH and I like it there, but DD really wants CBR. I have a standard at CSR so I told her only if standards open up at CBR I will switch. So nervous though, what if I see it and switch one room, then there isn't another room? Yikes. When you see it open, you don't know if it's one room or many.
I was in the same boat. I have 3 rooms. Had pool view Nd wanted garden view. Saw it available one morning. It wouldn't allow me to modify on line so I had to wait until 7 to call. I was able to get the three rooms and then their system went down. So my prayers were answered. Hang in there.

I was able to get CSR by adding an extra day. Still saving tons of money. (OCt. 25-Nov 1st) I am still checking everyday to see if I can upgrade to business class. Try adding an extra day to your search. Something may pop up.

I wish I could but we already booked our flights (from CT) so I don't think adding a day is an option.

I wish I could but we already booked our flights (from CT) so I don't think adding a day is an option.
Are you flying Southwest by chance? They don't charge change fees. I was able to change my flight a day earlier for $2.67!

I wasn't sure where to post this but I am going to be canceling my free dining reservations @ CBR "preferred room" from Nov 14-20th & the same from Dec 15-20th if anyone would like to coordinate. Decided to just rent DVC points instead.

I am looking for 11/10-11/17, I wonder if your releasing could effect an opening for me. If someone else replies to you for your exact dates help them. If not let me know when you are going to release it and I will check right after. So sweet of you to help your friends on the dis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter