2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

@Grumpyhaus :
For the AP deal you got, was it only available by phone? I can't seem to find much about that deal online. We have FD on a BB @ CBR but our family would like to visit us and give Free Dining a shot (picked the worst year since it's so limited/full of restrictions!). They have DVC and AP. The best she could book online was a stinking Pirate Room at CBR 9/24-9/28. It's also their 20th anniversary so for various (obvious) reasons thats not super desirable :rolleyes1. For some reason (glitch?) the computer forced her into 5 nights too which was odd. So between the 'upgrade' to pirates and the additional night it's not working out to be the fabulous deal I was bragging about.

I've always gone to insuremytrip dot com because it presents you with many different insurance plans and prices and you can search to find one that covers exactly what you want for the price you want to pay. And it's very easy to sign up. I've gotten several policies for cruises in the past, I don't remember who specifically I've gone through, but I've found them by searching on this website.
After booking our FD package this morning, I booked our flights this afternoon. Then I went to that site and got our insurance. It was quick and easy and a great selection. Found one that covered our needs. So excited we got everything we wanted! So happy for everyone else too!

Just out of curiosity, and sorry if it has been answered already or is hard to talk about, but did anyone who pre-booked not get to add FD to there ressie?
I have that issue right now. Online it says nothing is available and I can't get through on the phone to try and see if they have something. Instead now I'm holding two rooms because I can't get on to cancel or modify either. :guilty: Getting quite frustrated that's for sure.

So you're saying the package I already had reserved has no chance of retroactively being changed? I thought they could do that. Don't understand why I need to make two new reservations just to accommodate us for a couple days of free dining. Sounds like a huge hassle and we'd lose our accessible room we had picked out and Disney tries to save you from hassles so I hope that's not the case.

Well no free dinning for us :/ Does anyone know if non buffet restaurants if the kids can share off their parents plates? My kids are small and don't typically eat their own meals anyways lol I usually split meals between the kids that way we don't waste food. But is this allowed?

FYI all AOA free dinning is gone- tried everything lol
What are your dates?

I've been following the part 1, (and now part 2) thread for a week now, and want to say THANK YOU to everyone for posting info and keeping me company while waiting for the suspenseful release! I was pretty disappointed when it came out there would be no Visa release, and was VERY tempted to go ahead and book last night, but I had not booked earlier, even though we would be going no matter what, knowing the effect pre-booked rooms have on overall availability of rooms for special offers. I stayed up (just in case it came up online at midnight) and was super bummed, along with the other night owls, when nothing showed up. I woke up around 2:30 and tried again, and really started to worry. By chance, I woke up at 4:40 and tried again... Voila! Got exactly what we were hoping for! I was SOOOOO glad that I had not gone ahead and booked, as the offer was finally up, and I was able to book online with no issues, and didn't have the added stress of modifying or canceling anything. CBR, Nov. 19-29, water view room, free dining. Again, thank you to everyone for your contributions and support as we all waited anxiously!

So you're saying the package I already had reserved has no chance of retroactively being changed? I thought they could do that. Don't understand why I need to make two new reservations just to accommodate us for a couple days of free dining. Sounds like a huge hassle and we'd lose our accessible room we had picked out and Disney tries to save you from hassles so I hope that's not the case.
Since it goes by check in date only, you must check in on an eligible date, thus the reason for the split stay. Can you just move your whole vacation to start during one of the eligible check in dates?

Yeah, definitely pretty limited! At least during my dates... We are going 11/14-11/21 and all that was left was Pirate rooms at CBR. Everything else was booked, and that was 11:30 CST this morning. o_O
I booked early for CBR and we were not given the option of pirate room but would have loved it. I keep hearing that and it seems no one wants it, wonder why.
Set up?

Oh, wow. Interesting. Maybe more things will become available once todays ad/drop gets sorted out.
I wouldn't be surprised. There may be people who could not get the offer and will cancel, or people who get UOC's and switch to POR or POFQ, both of which have lots of availability as of right now. I was contemplating just payin for the DDP OOP and booking POFQ since it would be a little cheaper then OKW, but I am looking forward to staying at a Deluxe that I haven't been to before and since the cost difference is so small I figured what the heck. Next problem is my ADR's open up on Saturday and I forgot my spreadsheet at home so I have no clue what I wanted and when. So as soon as I get home Saturday afternoon I'll be going nutz trying to get what I want

Just out of curiosity, and sorry if it has been answered already or is hard to talk about, but did anyone who pre-booked not get to add FD to there ressie?

I was pre-booked and my sister's family and we were both able to modify our reservations this morning (5am) to include free dining… the only issue we had was we had to switch from CBR to CSR because CBR only had pirate rooms left.

I booked early for CBR and we were not given the option of pirate room but would have loved it. I keep hearing that and it seems no one wants it, wonder why.
Set up?

I would assume because the building with pirate rooms are farther away and beds are fulls not queens.

Been having issues all day getting the website to load and trying to call. We have three rooms at CSR pre-booked, I was able to modify one of the rooms to free dining, the other two wouldn't work. The one kept displaying that payment error message some other people got. I actually got through on the phone lines just after 8AM est, but unfortunately didn't get a great CM, she just said she was unable to do anything to either reservation and that they were not upgradeable. She was not informative of the situation or promotion whatsoever, there was a lot of awkward silence between the two of us lol, I don't blame her, just bad luck I guess.

I have that issue right now. Online it says nothing is available and I can't get through on the phone to try and see if they have something. Instead now I'm holding two rooms because I can't get on to cancel or modify either. :guilty: Getting quite frustrated that's for sure.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you.

Since it goes by check in date only, you must check in on an eligible date, thus the reason for the split stay. Can you just move your whole vacation to start during one of the eligible check in dates?

It's possible, we're going over our options now. already been on hold for an hour, so I guess we're gonna find out what our options are when we finally get through! xD

Wish us luck, and Thanks for your help.

This is because part of your trip does not fall within the date range for free dining. Your check in date must be within that window for your entire trip to be covered. You could do a split stay and the first few days would be a room only package and the later half would be eligible for dining.

That is also if there is still availability for that resort and room classification.

Set up?

Probably price. We'd love one but it's just too expensive for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter