2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

So what are the pirate rooms like at CBR. I had to switch because there was no availability for my week.

My TA is on hold trying to change our reservation. Anybody had trouble getting early weeks in september?? I've never been good at the waiting game.....

Does anyone think there might be a small chance that they might add a few more rooms at the various resorts that have limited or no bookings left, in a day or two? With only Pirate rooms at CBR, no availability at Pop Century, and having to book 6 nights /7 days instead of the 4 nights /5 days that we originally planned ,makes this offer not very appealing to us. I am maybe willing to add nights and rethink my vacation, but would like some sort of resort preference. Looks like we may postpone Disney until 2016.
Happy for those that this works for though.:dogdance:pixiedust::flower1:

So what are the pirate rooms like at CBR. I had to switch because there was no availability for my week.

The only things I know is that they did NOT upgrade the size of the beds when they did the rest of the resort. Pirate rooms are still full size instead of queen and they are really far away from the food court. Two huge negatives in my mind so we booked preferred POP instead.

Yay the DIS is working! I had an interesting night with dreams of booking dining so when I woke up every hour I didn't know if I had done it already or not.

After trying at 2, 3, and 4 I randomly woke up at 4:30 and checked the website on my phone. The offer was finally there! I raced to the living room and opened the laptop and gave the Disney website a refresh to nab the offer.

The good news is that I did get POP Century with free dining for my stay October 2-11. Yay!

The bad news is that the ONLY room type available was the highest one, premium pool view, which added an additional $230 onto the price. With the ticket upgrade and room type free dining is costing us $500.

However I could switch to sports (the only resort we don't want to stay in) and knock $400 off of the price. I hate to say it, but I don't think my planning is done.

Of course I immediately wanted to come here and talk about it, but this website only gave me an error.

Congratulations to everyone who is getting what they want!

Yup, tried to call shades of green to cancel my old reservation and he said no way, TA line is down and won't even ring a busy signal.
So does this mean the Disney TA's can't book right now either? I have been on hold for 1 hour 28 minutes. I need to go to work - should I just hang up & give up???

CSR Standard wasn't available for my week. Most disappointing news ever.
Me too friend! I have a preferred reservation now, but it was more than we wanted to spend. I will keep it, but I really hated having to upgrade to the preferred room! We could care less where our room is at!

Does anyone think there might be a small chance that they might add a few more rooms at the various resorts that have limited or no bookings left, in a day or two? With only Pirate rooms at CBR, no availability at Pop Century, and having to book 6 nights /7 days instead of the 4 nights /5 days that we originally planned ,makes this offer not very appealing to us. I am maybe willing to add nights and rethink my vacation, but would like some sort of resort preference. Looks like we may postpone Disney until 2016.
More likely to find that people have canceled and things open up than Disney opening rooms, hopefully one happens for you! You don't have to book 6 nights/7 days. From the fine print on the Disney Site:
Length of Stay Requirements

• Minimum – 3 nights
  • Maximum – 14 nights

oh my word. I have a TA working on adding my free dining. I just looked at our MDE and nothing has changed. I am so worried that we will not be able to get this...ugh

Ok, I was too scared to modify online after it showed $4000 due on my reservation when it should have been fully paid. After an hour and a half on hold I got the free QS dining plan! AoA, Lion King Suite, Sept 7-18.
Whew! I'm going to do a little happy dance and then go take a nap!

Keep checking. A bunch of people pre booked then rebooked and will cancel. They do update as people do. We switched 2 months later last year

Me too friend! I have a preferred reservation now, but it was more than we wanted to spend. I will keep it, but I really hated having to upgrade to the preferred room! We could care less where our room is at!

I ended up just booking Pop Century, upgraded the dining plan and saved ~$300 vs. our estimate for Standard View CSR. Very bad business model by Disney to not release more Standard Rooms at the Mods.

online isn't working for me and i'm trying to call 407-939-7184 and just getting a busy signal. is there another number i should be calling?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter