2015 DVC Alaska Member Cruise 5/25-5/31/15

Keep in mind 5:45 is a scheduled time. The Pacific can be kinda unpredictable. If there is a strong tailwind, the Wonder can be making an appearance a bit earlier.

On my September trip to California.... we were over 2 hours late. Dress warmly with your Alaska layers that morning as you ring those cowbells!

I would also use a vessel tracker to pace yourself when to be at the docks to meet her...
Love the info, thank you!! I totally want to be out there to welcome her, but I need to convince DH of how much fun it will be to get up that early, LOL. The tracker will help, we can always wake up, look and fall back to sleep for a little bit if she's running behind. If she's early, we go back to sleep!

We're flying in from the East Coast and figure the time difference will probably wake us up bright and early!
With arriving only 1 day before we definitely won't have adjusted to the 3hr change - plus we're always up before 6 now.
My hope is seeing the Wonder won't be too much of an effort at that hour.

Hope to see some of us there!

That makes sense. We fly in on Friday night, and we only have a 1 hour time change to adjust to. Boarding day is always so exciting, we may be awake anyway just because we're excited!! I know we will be arriving at the port early, we love getting on the ship as soon as they open boarding. In fact, I have a pedicure booked for 1:30 on boarding day! It's my boarding day tradition - go to the nearest open bar, obtain a champagne based drink, and then wander into the spa for a pedicure. Such a wonderful, relaxing way to start the cruise off. :hippie:

Shirts for both of us, and a Sweatshirt for DH are ordered. One day Spa pass for me ordered. FE gifts are done, just need to get labels and gift bags together for the small items. Now if the rest of my life was in such order, I would feel quite relaxed!:rolleyes1:flower1: Snow in NY AGAIN today, doesn't look like it will accumulate. Hope some of you are seeing blue skies and pretty flowers:flower1::flower::cloud9:

Shirts for both of us, and a Sweatshirt for DH are ordered. One day Spa pass for me ordered. FE gifts are done, just need to get labels and gift bags together for the small items. Now if the rest of my life was in such order, I would feel quite relaxed!:rolleyes1:flower1: Snow in NY AGAIN today, doesn't look like it will accumulate. Hope some of you are seeing blue skies and pretty flowers:flower1::flower::cloud9:
Awww, beautiful blue skies and pretty flowers here in Louisiana!

No flowers here in NJ yet. Hoping the weather breaks soon.

We too are working on the FE and trying to knock out things on our to do list. This cruise is fast approaching.
Can't wait.

I'm wondering what the weather will be like in Alaska, given the mild winter they had this year. We were talking to someone in Anchorage yesterday and Spring had already arrived. It was in the upper 40's with all the snow cleared out. Apparently towns further south were even warmer. Very unusual for them.

Hi.

We'll be sailing on the member cruise to Alaska in May, too. Is it too late to join the family FE list? We haven't done this before, but we've seen it on other DCL cruises and would love to participate. It'll be me, my husband and our 8 year old daughter, in cabin 2581. Thanks!!

So, does anyone think it is about time to get some hints about special guests and programs on the cruise? Just want to enjoy the anticipation. We are hoping the west coast location may bring some Studios-types and as this is the first ALASKA members cruise, we are hoping for something special. Just excited....

Hi.

We'll be sailing on the member cruise to Alaska in May, too. Is it too late to join the family FE list? We haven't done this before, but we've seen it on other DCL cruises and would love to participate. It'll be me, my husband and our 8 year old daughter, in cabin 2581. Thanks!!

Hi and welcome to our cruise meet! Feel free to jump right in and join the discussion.

I believe the family FE list D on page 1 - post #5 here is still open to join. I'm sure my DH will add you asap.

Hi.

Zommy, Welcome to the cruise meet. I have added you to the Family FE list. Have fun.

It's time to start thinking about a closing date for the remaining FE lists... Any ideas?

So, does anyone think it is about time to get some hints about special guests and programs on the cruise? Just want to enjoy the anticipation. We are hoping the west coast location may bring some Studios-types and as this is the first ALASKA members cruise, we are hoping for something special. Just excited....
Oooh, yes please!! Personally, I totally hope Ryan March is on the trip. I love his editorials in the members magazine and would love to meet him. He seems like he has a wonderfully fun personality. We are also secretly hoping that we get early previews of Inside Out. Oooh...and maybe a look at some storyboard or concepts about the Incredibles sequel from someone at Pixar??

I also would like to get an idea of the crew on board the Wonder for our trip...we like to bring gifts for crew we've spent a lot of time cruising with in the past. I was actually thinking of jumping on to one of the groups for a cruise before ours to see if they can tell me about the officers on board, chefs, etc....unless someone here has an "in" for that type of information?

Ryan March and Tim O'Day told us they would be on the Alaksa DVC cruise. We saw them on the Moments with Walt Disney tour.

I am hoping for Josh Gad, who was Olaf in Frozen! He was on David Letterman last night. Also hoping for a sneak peak at Finding Dory! OMG, this is too funny, I am watching the Yankees Spring training game, and Chase Whitley just used the phrase " Just Keep Swimming" ! It's a sign! :rotfl2:

Ryan March and Tim O'Day told us they would be on the Alaksa DVC cruise. We saw them on the Moments with Walt Disney tour.

I am hoping for Josh Gad, who was Olaf in Frozen! He was on David Letterman last night. Also hoping for a sneak peak at Finding Dory! OMG, this is too funny, I am watching the Yankees Spring training game, and Chase Whitley just used the phrase " Just Keep Swimming" ! It's a sign! :rotfl2:
Woo hoo!!! Very happy to know Ryan March will be on the ship. And yes, I would also LOVE to get to meet Josh Gad. Olaf and Sven are my favorite characters in Frozen...and Sven doesn't talk (Okay, well, he sort of does, but via Kristoff). He was also brilliant in The Interns.

I just was reading about a new DCL show that is debuting on the Magic too...Tangled. Wouldn't it be super cool if we got to see that??

We are betting the movie will be Tomorrowland. And Josh Gad? YES PLEASE. He is making the talk show rounds (I work from home), and is so HYSTERICAL!!!!!!

Newbie to the FE - on my first few cruises had no idea what they were on the hooks and have never done it since I found out but want to join in the fun if it's still open! :) I am traveling with my youngest daughter almost 19 and her best friend also 19. So just 3 of us. I see that Adult Group B may be an option. Let me know what we need to do next! :) Thank you and looking forward to our cruise.

I forgot one other thing on my wish list. Wondering which Disney Broadway folks will be on the cruise this time. Great shows last time.
Making mental lists of what to do this time, since on the last cruise we never:
1) ordered Room service 2) Watched a whole movie. 3) Ate at a place other than the Main Dining Rooms for dinner 4) Went to a club for drinks.

Newbie to the FE - on my first few cruises had no idea what they were on the hooks and have never done it since I found out but want to join in the fun if it's still open! :) I am traveling with my youngest daughter almost 19 and her best friend also 19. So just 3 of us. I see that Adult Group B may be an option. Let me know what we need to do next! :) Thank you and looking forward to our cruise.
Our stateroom number is 7544

Hi FLNative and welcome to the cruise meet!

I have added you to the Adult group B FE list. You can access it on page 1 at post 5.

I just ordered the special member cruise shirts, nice memento for our cruise, looking forward to this cruise more and more each day. You can order the shirts until April 10, and they will be there in your stateroom when you board the ship, loving this.

Well, our flight out to Vancouver is booked. Yah! Ordered the sweatshirts. Since we're first timers DCL cruisers, we were not able to get into Palo for brunch. All days were booked. Hoping that we get on the ship, they will have some opening. Can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter