2015 DVC Alaska Member Cruise 5/25-5/31/15

Hi - we are on our first Disney cruise, so could not try to book port excursions until this week. One we wanted was already sold out. Does Disney hold back any port adventure spots, similar to what they do for Palo reservations, for booking on board? And how often do sold out adventures later become available for reserving online? I am wonderiing what our chances might be to be able to book. Thanks for any insights!

princess::jumping1::jumping2::dancer:Flights are finally booked. What a relief! I hated having to wait until after the hotel was booked. I hate the inconvenient times of the flights, but as two retired people now, price is a BIG consideration! So let's get this party started!!!pixiedust:

so close to this wonderful cruise, we are excited. holding off on booking shore excursions, DH wants all three of use to decide together, so I am holding myself back from micromanaging every minute of every day. I can do this, really. I can sit back and wait and be patient, really, I can. So I can live vicariously through the dis boards, what is everyone else planning. We are in Vancouver at PanPacific for four nights before the cruise. Any Vancouver ideas are welcome, and we are not sure of our spending budget for these days, which makes it a little more interesting. I booked the Pan a long time ago, and got a rate that includes breakfast, and a harbor view.

so close to this wonderful cruise, we are excited. holding off on booking shore excursions, DH wants all three of use to decide together, so I am holding myself back from micromanaging every minute of every day. I can do this, really. I can sit back and wait and be patient, really, I can. So I can live vicariously through the dis boards, what is everyone else planning. We are in Vancouver at PanPacific for four nights before the cruise. Any Vancouver ideas are welcome, and we are not sure of our spending budget for these days, which makes it a little more interesting. I booked the Pan a long time ago, and got a rate that includes breakfast, and a harbor view.

We are also at the Pan Pacific. Checking in the day before the cruise. We are having a meet up pre-cruise night at 8pm in the lounge at the hotel if you're interested. Also planning to watch the Wonder sail in to port early morning on the 25th from the pool deck.

Don't wait too long to book excursions as some will sell out. I'm not sure if they hold any spots for onboard bookings or not.

This cruise is fast approaching!

We are also at the Pan Pacific. Checking in the day before the cruise. We are having a meet up pre-cruise night at 8pm in the lounge at the hotel if you're interested. Also planning to watch the Wonder sail in to port early morning on the 25th from the pool deck.

Don't wait too long to book excursions as some will sell out. I'm not sure if they hold any spots for onboard bookings or not.

This cruise is fast approaching!
yes, we will be there 8pm in the lounge

Hi - we are on our first Disney cruise, so could not try to book port excursions until this week. One we wanted was already sold out. Does Disney hold back any port adventure spots, similar to what they do for Palo reservations, for booking on board? And how often do sold out adventures later become available for reserving online? I am wonderiing what our chances might be to be able to book. Thanks for any insights!
I am not sure on excursions, but you can always go straight to the Port Adventures desk when you board to put your names on a wait list. Good luck!

wow are we getting so close to this cruise!!

We too booked airfare about a month ago. After going back and forth between Seattle and Vancouver we finally settled on YVR to San Diego. It averaged about 40 more per person after factoring in all the rates to get to the Seattle airport. Well worth not tacking on a few hours drive South to cross the border upon disembarking.

We also booked 1 way transfers thru Disney since our flight times are around 12:30pm. I know it's tight but hopefully we'll be among the first off the ship.

Really getting excited. We have a monster to do list!

Last edited:
wow are we getting so close to this cruise!!

We too booked airfare about a month ago. After going back and forth between Seattle and Vancouver we finally settled on YVR to San Diego. It averaged about 40 more per person after factoring in all the rates to get to the Seattle airport. Well worth not tacking on a few hours drive South to cross the border upon disembarking.

We also booked 1 way transfers thru Disney since our flight times are around 12:30pm. I know it's tight but hopefully we'll be among the first off the ship.

Really getting excited. We have a monster to do list!
Oooh, thank you for the reminder, I also need to add one-way transfers to the airport!

65 days to departure!! This weekend's to-do is trying on any cruise-specific clothing to make sure everything fits, is clean, etc. If we need to go shopping, then YAY!!

Quick Shuttle reservations are still not out yet. Did anyone ever find out when they are going to open summer reservations?

We called Quick Shuttle and got a quote to SeaTac. It was 59.00 which pushed our overall costs home up just enough to out price Southwest.

That same route stopped at Bellingham for much less but I never got a rate.

Apparently there is a buy one get one free coupon in the Vancouver Entertainment Book for Quick Shuttle. Not sure how many it covered or if there is also one in the Seattle book.

I just purchased t-shirts for our cruise http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/
they will be in our cabin when we arrive. they are really cute
Cool, thanks for sharing that Cathy!! I'm also pre-ordering, a t-shirt for hubby and the sweatshirt for me! Fun! I also just noticed that they now allow us to pre-order the water, beer and wine packages. Sort of nice to get all of that stuff lined up before the cruise. Helps with the budgeting, and less to do on boarding day!

So, question for everyone...has anyone experienced the DCL app that apparently is like your daily navigator on your phone? I'm really hoping we get that for this cruise, would be so nice to not have to remember to tote the paper navigator around everywhere.

Can someone please remind me...are crew tips included already in this trip? Or will we still be responsible for tipping? I'm totally fine with tipping, and we usually give extra for excellent service. Just for some reason thought I may have heard that tips are included for the DVC Member cruises. I'm working on my trip budget, so would like to know if I'm setting aside the full amount for tips or just a little extra in case I want to plus up the tips that are included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter