2015 destash - Purge Purge Purge, Purge is the word

Small bump. Someone mentioned that the local women's shelter would gladly take books and puzzles, so those are gone. I'm glad to know they're in a place where they'll be used. Also, after months of no interest on some of my Facebook/Craigslist items, today there were multiple requests on a couple. Totally weird, it's almost like people only become interested in an item when they see someone else wants it. Whatever it is, 2 more lots are gone so I'm happy. Now I need to go through my dresser and bag up everything I haven't worn in a year. I have a bad habit of wearing the same items and just grabbing them from the clean laundry basket rather than actually putting them away in the dresser.

Women's shelter will also take any unopened bath products. If you contact you local woman shelter or Google them most have a list of what they will take.

Saw this thread last Thursday and thought .....hmmmm .... I need to try this my house is cluttered and I am on a mission, I sold 2 bags of my sons clothes, a deep freezer, and I have a double stroller pending for pick up tomorrow.....made $100 towards our trip....we recently bought a new dishwasher it has yet to be delivered and I gave our old one to my cousin....figured I better get rid of it before it ends up in our garage like the rest!
Tomorrow morning I will try and find more stuff to list

I have been away for forever. It has been a long few months. At first I did not like the software upgrade so I did not go on the DIS. Then DD was accepted into the college program so all my energy went into getting ready for that and planning a trip for DH and I to drop her off, then FD come out and DS started planning a trip and wants me to go to.

It was not that I was not getting rid of stuff I just have not been on the budget board.

We sold some old Disney/ Star Wars kitchenware. DD sold 2 prom dresses I have 2 boxes of DS clothes to sell and2 bags of clothes to donate and a bunch of VHS tapes. I also have thrown out quite a bit.

It is so nice reading everyones progress.

I have not been on for a while, hope everyone is well. Seems like the site has changed.
I have been trying to de clutter. My goal was 10 items a day. I burned out quick. Not a good idea. I have a large family gathering here on June 13. I cannot get motivated to clean. I could knit a sweater from dog hair, not really but I feel that way. As fast as I get rid of thing dh brings in more. His motto is if it is free it is for me. Yuck

I have not been on for a while, hope everyone is well. Seems like the site has changed.
I have been trying to de clutter. My goal was 10 items a day. I burned out quick. Not a good idea. I have a large family gathering here on June 13. I cannot get motivated to clean. I could knit a sweater from dog hair, not really but I feel that way. As fast as I get rid of thing dh brings in more. His motto is if it is free it is for me. Yuck

I have been off for awhile to. I understand your pain. DH is constantly bringing things in. Unfortunately they are not free.

I try to tell him it truly is not free. This week I found a bar being built in my backyard from scraps by various men. I think I am living in a Sanford and sons episode. Maybe I am being punked?

I have been doing the Kon Mari method and just went through all my clothes. I filled 6 bags! I donated 5 of them and 1 bag has some things that my sister or oldest niece might like. The other night I went through all our DVD's. We have about 500 not counting blu rays. Before kids, DH and I were huge movie watchers. Now not so much. So I went through all of them and set aside about 200 of them for our garage sale.

I sold one box of kids toys today and she even showed up so I'm happy. Then spent the afternoon cleaning out a portion of the attic.

I pulled the chosen section of stuff out and stuck it in the hallway, swept the area in the attic. And went through it all. 3 garbage bags full of junk is gone, 2 garbage bags of clothes to take to goodwill on Monday, 2 boxes of things to sell on Craigs List and I put the last 4 tubs back in since it is stuff we are keeping and use.

And now I think I'll call and order pizza for dinner - I don't feel like cooking anything tonight. I think I earned a break!

Since my family is asleep and I have some time before church, I decided to get on here for another motivation plug. Thanks!

Friday and Saturday was a great day for me. I donated a lot of kid toys and household decorative items. Then I actually was able to let go of a lot of old papers that I had been hanging on to and also a lot of "GASP" books! I am a teacher and have tons of books! Most of the books I got rid of were professional books on different teaching techniques, etc. I also recycled at least thirty old Creating Keepsakes and Memory Maker scrapbook magazines. Most were 8 to ten years old. I decided if I ever get back to physical scrapbooking versus digital, I can look online on pintrest and here on the DIS for ideas.

Hey friends! Long time, no see! I've been working a great deal lately and barely keeping my head above water when it comes to dishes, laundry, meals, and basic housework, so no decluttering happening lately. But the school year is coming to a close rapidly and I plan to make decluttering a priority this summer! I'll probably be working M-W at school and my WW job and DD will be home Th-Sun, so I will be squeezing it in where/when I can.... but it WILL be done! I've currently got two boxes in my bedroom and one in the garage that I am taking to the Goodwill TODAY (DS has a doctor's appointment in that town this afternoon), I've got a pile of dishes in the dining room all photographed and ready to list on Ebay and two Disney things to list on the Disney Garage sale FB page. If I can get that stuff listed TODAY I will consider today well spent (took the day off due to doctor's appointment).

I'll take a minute to read back and catch up here this morning as well...............P

Ok, went through my shorts this morning and tried everything on and purged what didn't fit or look right so a good 30 + pairs are gone. Also went through DS8' sock drawer and purged. He's all into the colored UnderArmour/Reebok socks now so I got rid of quite a few of his white and black socks plus 3 packs of brand new socks that are too small now. Need to schedule Purple Heart to come take the bags away. Last week, I managed to let the last of size 7 Polo shirts go so a friend got 5 bags of shirts, shorts and pants. Now to make more progress around the house.

Okay.... it took an hour (and that was with the photos already done!), but those DANG DISHES that my Mom gave me in January to sell are FINALLY on Ebay!! They seem to be fetching a pretty good price (based on sold listings) so I am hoping to pay for my airfare to Bermuda (visiting DD during her semester abroad) with this money! Fingers crossed for me!................P

I watched a few episodes of Hoarders on TLC, "Where Are They Now" that motivated me again. but those people truly do have problems. 2 out of the 5 have different issues than just hoarding.

My sister is having a rummage sale and I took a bunch of items to her house. Her dd's are selling a ton of baby clothes. They have so much that they are selling items on the table by price. So my sister says, "how are we going to split the money, she wants to give it to a charity. I have all my items marked. I have the house hold items, like old wooden chairs I already sold for $80. I added my items up and I could make at least $1000 if it all sells, but if 1/4 of it sells that is still $250. My sister is just letting us use her location/house, she barely has anything to sell. I paid for all the advertising. I just don't know why she thinks we need to donate our sales to charity. Can't wait to hear what her dd's are going to say.

I watched a few episodes of Hoarders on TLC, "Where Are They Now" that motivated me again. but those people truly do have problems. 2 out of the 5 have different issues than just hoarding.

My sister is having a rummage sale and I took a bunch of items to her house. Her dd's are selling a ton of baby clothes. They have so much that they are selling items on the table by price. So my sister says, "how are we going to split the money, she wants to give it to a charity. I have all my items marked. I have the house hold items, like old wooden chairs I already sold for $80. I added my items up and I could make at least $1000 if it all sells, but if 1/4 of it sells that is still $250. My sister is just letting us use her location/house, she barely has anything to sell. I paid for all the advertising. I just don't know why she thinks we need to donate our sales to charity. Can't wait to hear what her dd's are going to say.

I agree you should get to choose what happens with the money from what you sell. If I had no use for the money I would just donate the items and let the charity sell them. Around here they get way more at their store than a garage sale.

Used 5 bottles of wine to make sangria and then decided I needed to organize all of the other bottles (and wash them to remove the dust) so I can find the right type easier.

I agree you should get to choose what happens with the money from what you sell. If I had no use for the money I would just donate the items and let the charity sell them. Around here they get way more at their store than a garage sale.
I have given Goodwill bags and tons of items since we moved into our new home in February. We are going on a Cruise Oct. 2016 and this is what I am saving my money for. I don't mind giving to a good cause, but not potentially a thousand dollars.

I have given Goodwill bags and tons of items since we moved into our new home in February. We are going on a Cruise Oct. 2016 and this is what I am saving my money for. I don't mind giving to a good cause, but not potentially a thousand dollars.[/QUOTE

I agree with you. When I did my taxes I was shocked about how much I gave to charity, I do however love getting cash from yard sales.

Hi, I've been gone a few months too. I love reading about everyone's progress for motivation! The end of the school year just got too crazy and I haven't done much of anything. Now that we're all done for the summer, I'm trying to make up for lost time. The garage and basement continue to be dumping grounds and need a good overhaul again. *sigh* I should have taken a before picture of the garage. DH helped me with some stuff last weekend. Now there are several piles but I still have a few areas to sort. He put a few things in the attic which freed up some cabinet space. I'm hoping to get motivated to load up the car and drop off all the different piles to where they need to go. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow and go to Starbucks for a reward when it's done.

Right after school got out, I went through my teaching storage trunk and organized a bunch of papers and books. Tossed a bunch of stuff but there is still a huge pile in the garage to sort. UGH.

I promised DD15 I'd paint her room while she was gone this week. It's almost done and turned out really cute. We are having to put new carpet upstairs so it's forcing me to make sure things are painted and decluttered. They are in ok shape but will be totally decluttered before installation.

Hulagirl -thanks for the reminder on Kon Mari. I read that book last winter and need to reread for inspiration.

I haven't checked in for a while - glad others are making such good progress!

For me...ugh....oops. End of the school year is right around the corner which means DD6 is bringing home all her unused school supplies as well as tons of art work, school work etc. So need to go through all that and purge (sorry DD but we can't keep ALL your art work lol). I've also got a pile mounting of clothes etc to take to the charity shop. Haven't sold any kids stuff for about 2-3 months so I need to get back on that - since the warm weather is already upon us I've got a stack of summer clothes the girls have grown out of, some sellable, some donate so hopefully I can make a few bucks, just need to get my rear in gear and post them online. This time around if it sells the first time, great. If not, it gets donated. Tired of reposting things 2,3 etc times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter