2015 destash - Purge Purge Purge, Purge is the word

Where is BernardandMissBianca, she hasn't posted in awhile.

With spring cleaning coming upon us, we should wake up this thread a little.

I had another disappointing day. Someone was suppose to meet me to buy my stoneware kitchen pieces. They backed out.
But this morning, the carpenter and electrician and general contractor came to the house.
Creaks and groans in my master hallway is supposeable fixed. 2 mirrors were hung, 2 drawers were fixed. An outlet was put in the floor of our living room. We talked about outlets, and the electrician is going to turn off switches that turn off outlets. I don't know why I agreed to that. He wasn't very happy, but I never knew what turn on anything. I was plugging in my vacuum cleaner and the plug was not working, because the switch was off. I was walking around my house, looking for the switch to turn on the outlet. Blah.

I have considered selling some stuff, but honestly.. I don't want to take the time. I have tried before and those facebook sites in our area are kind of a joke. People will try to talk you down on something that you are already selling crazy cheap, or they want YOU to bring it to them, or they say they will show up and then don't. But, awesome on making some cash though! Maybe put that $$ towards your upcoming cruise?? :)

I have to admit, it feels pretty good. I can't help but think that it will really be a freeing experience to simplify my life!

I am trying to sell one item every day. Even that is a headache. Yesterday I posted a corner hutch. I had it appraised at $225. I was asking $150 a month a go. I lowered the price 3 times and I am down to $40. I had 3 people begging to buy it yesterday. In the end, all 3 backed out. Very frustrating. I did sell my Corelle Dishes for $10.

I listed a bunch of shirts on a Facebook group for Women's Plus sizes, no one responded, so most of the clothes I have bagged up is going to Good Will.

This morning I found a new blanket I bought for our bed, when our JCP closed their doors. Today was a easy day. Every day I am trying to go through a bag or a box and my motto is, "find a place for it", try selling it, give it to Good Will, or throw it in the dumpster.

I agree about the selling. Even giving away is difficult sometimes. We bought a new couch and wanted to give away an old set that is still in really good condition. I had two people text me back and forth and back out. Finally, a woman who had emailed me a few times when I said there was a waiting list, came through and seemed very happy to get it. It's annoying when people act interested and keep flaking out. I love just dropping stuff off and getting it out of the house.

Over spring break, we weren't sure if my inlaws would come to visit the following week. So I cleaned and cleared stuff out just in case. They did end up coming so it was nice to have some projects done. The hallway got painted but I still need to paint the trim since we just had the hall floor replaced. I took a big load to Goodwill and recycled a ton of boxes but the garage is still a mess. I might work on it later today since the weather is nicer now. I also desperately need to organize my school stuff that is sitting in piles and taking up a laundry basket!

well I don't come to this thread too much but I cleaned some closets this month.... dropped off 17 bags of clothing for Goodwill:faint: and another batch of items dropped at the consignment shop(if they can sell them,great,a bonus and they donate what doesn't sell) I love my organized closets!

I also dropped off a trunk load of stuff to goodwill! Can't say it was 17 bags (WOW!!) but it was quite a bit! :) Tomorrow is my youngest DD's birthday party and school starts for me on Monday. I will still be able to get some decluttering done, but will probably do it a little at a time.

I am proud of myself though! This whole week, I have dealt with mail and the kids' school papers immediately instead of just sitting them on the desk and letting them pile up! I sort through them and put them where they go right away, although most of the stuff ends up in the trash! I also shredded some old bills. I pay them online and then never shred them for some reason. I had bills from last December sitting on my desk! Yikes!!

Where is BernardandMissBianca, she hasn't posted in awhile.

You beetlejuiced me! Lol
Sorry I haven't been around much, I was at Disney for the half marathon, then DH started a new job the same week, kids in school, snow, etc. life has been nuts and I haven't had much time to devote to the DIS or purging.
I've done a little more work in my craft room but I still have a lot to go.
We are pulling the RV out of storage next week to take to our seasonal spot so thankfully things we have purchased for that will leave my dining room. We are also doing to deep clean and set the RV up so I plan to do a purge there as well. We are going to a new place this year so we may not need certain things we did before.

We've decided the big summer project will be the garage. Hopefully DH will stay on task for that. He had yet to finish any project I have asked him to do even though he was out of work for 3 weeks. I was so mad I could have spit nails. Then nothing got done while I was at Disney. His main job from now until his trip over seas in April is magazines. If I look at another magazine I might lose my mind.

Oh and I did get my taxes done and I have the 3 boxes of papers partially sorted. I started putting stuff in magazine holders to make it more manageable and when it sorted it goes into file folders. The next step is going through the file folders and keeping the pertinent stuff and shredding the rest. I need to see when my bank is having their next shred day.

Ok off the bed, DD fell asleep on the couch so I need to lug her upstairs.
I will try to be better at posting!

You beetlejuiced me! Lol
Sorry I haven't been around much, I was at Disney for the half marathon, then DH started a new job the same week, kids in school, snow, etc. life has been nuts and I haven't had much time to devote to the DIS or purging.
I've done a little more work in my craft room but I still have a lot to go.
We are pulling the RV out of storage next week to take to our seasonal spot so thankfully things we have purchased for that will leave my dining room. We are also doing to deep clean and set the RV up so I plan to do a purge there as well. We are going to a new place this year so we may not need certain things we did before.

We've decided the big summer project will be the garage. Hopefully DH will stay on task for that. He had yet to finish any project I have asked him to do even though he was out of work for 3 weeks. I was so mad I could have spit nails. Then nothing got done while I was at Disney. His main job from now until his trip over seas in April is magazines. If I look at another magazine I might lose my mind.

Oh and I did get my taxes done and I have the 3 boxes of papers partially sorted. I started putting stuff in magazine holders to make it more manageable and when it sorted it goes into file folders. The next step is going through the file folders and keeping the pertinent stuff and shredding the rest. I need to see when my bank is having their next shred day.

Ok off the bed, DD fell asleep on the couch so I need to lug her upstairs.
I will try to be better at posting!
LOL, how many know what beatlejuice was. LOL.

My dd came over this morning and we tackled the basement. We sorted every bin that had .christmas decorations. I want to get rid of my Christmas Village, but we got them all out of the bins and put them in an armour, that my son no longer wants. We took all the selves out and they fit. We now have 10 empty bins. I know have only 3 bins of Christmas decorations. One holds lights, one holds ornaments and one holds wrapping paper, ribbons, boxes and bags. It feels so good to get that organized. We probably threw out at least 4 garbage bags of old, dusty decorations that no one would want.

Well 2 bags of clothing donations are out for pickup today and 1 bag of trash from ds2 room. I only contributed a few things to the donation. The rest was his. But its good as its all gone. I am going to work on the donations for the chinese auction this week

We are still slowly but surely plugging along. Managed to sell the old minivan last week so that is now out of my driveway and we can park normally again.
I am going to purge 2 towers tonight when I take them over to Best Buy to get all the stuff off of them and have the hard drive replaced on my current tower.
Since it is spring break here, I am going to consider that enough done for the week.

Three boxes for donation at the front door. :thumbsup2 DH will put them out in the morning.

One more bag of clothes gone. I think I've completely purged all of DD's old clothes. It's crazy how much she's grown in the last year. She's now taller than I am and has bigger feet and she's only 12! I have tomorrow off so I should try listing some stuff on Facebook and Craigslist again, but we'll see. It's rather frustrating to list items and have no-shows.

Youngest DD had a birthday party and got some new toys. Wasn't too bad though. Hoping to get started on purging their toys and things this week. Have another pile of donation stuff started. We have a couple of boxes that need sorting through. I need to finish doing through the kitchen cabinets.

Just ran through my first floor and bagged up 6 bags of old toys, food, newspapers, etc and got them out on the curb before the trash collectors came at 9am. I purge much better under pressure! Hosting easter so I have to get my house cleaned up. It's not a dirty, just too much clutter......sports equipment, toys, clothes, etc everywhere.

Took a bunch of DD's and DS's outgrown clothes and toys we didn't play with any more to Once upon a child and got $74! That was good, plus freed up a bit of space in the laundry room. I have so much more to do. I feel overwhelmed with all the "stuff" and not having time to clean it up!

I am taking a break right now. So far I have 4 bags of stuff ready for the chinese auction. I will have 2 more bags when I am done and I asked ds1 to drop it off by thurs. He also cleaned up some in his room and threw out 1 bag of trash, mostly paper. I love progress, even if its slow, but slow and steady wins the race. I didnt realize how much stuff I have won and also I am throwing in some bath and body works stuff ds1 got me for christmas. It smells like a swamp. I asked for hand soaps and he got me shower gels. Oh well, its going to a good cause.

DS & DD convinced me to take them to Game Stop yesterday to trade in stuff. They took the cash, and they are now $88 richer! We will have to take another trip to Disc Replay, as they may take some things that Game Stop wouldn't. Otherwise, to the thrift shop it goes!

Sold our dog Kennel $20.

Me and my dd found her Easy Bake Oven, the old kind with the lite bulb. she has it in a trash bag, should I try to sell it, or should we throw it away.

Well, a virus got a hold of me this week and knocked me out of commission for a couple of days. Didn't get much done. Out of town next week so I will have to start back up the following week.

Below is a list of what we got rid of in march. It seemed like a lot more than what was listed.

March

Trashed

2 T-Shirts
1 pair of socks
6 ratty dish clothes
1 Wash Cloth
1 Digital Wall Clock (stopped working)
3 Pair of pants
1 Kids Paint Brush

Recycled

Sold

1 Star Wars Stein (ebay) 61.00
2 Comic TPB (ebay) 10.49
7 Comic HC’s (ebay) 119.00
2 Comic TPB’s (ebay) 11.09
1 Comic TPB (ebay) 2.99
1 Comic TPB (ebay) 13.00
2 Comic TPB (ebay) 9.99
1 Comic HC (ebay) 14.99
1 Comic HC (ebay) 14.99
4 Comic HC’s (ebay) 61.00
1 Comic TPB (ebay) 5.50
2 comics (ebay) .99
2 comics (ebay) 5.13
21 comics (ebay) 41.00
8 comics (comic website) 7.50
20 comics (ebay) 14.99
1 comic (ebay) 1.99

Gave Away

Donated

10 books
1 Wall Mask
1 snow cone kit
1 Ice Cream Sandwich maker
2 Character Coffee Cups
10 DVD’s
16 comic books

Total Items Left 133

Total Items Replaced 0 Items

Net Decrease -133

Well the 6 bags are gone to the school for the auction. Comicguy I like how you list everything. Ds1 also got rid of another bag of papers from his room. I am going to see when the next donation truck is coming and work on more clothes in the bedroom.

Spent the afternoon working in the basement. Filled a trash toter with trash, plus filled the back of my SUV twice with stuff for Goodwill. Made one run to Goodwill already, will go again tomorrow morning. Feels good to get all of that stuff out the way. I also have a big box of broken down cardboard boxes to take to recycling tomorrow. I sure stirred up the spiders! Time to get the peppermint oil out and spray real good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter