NOW BOOKING!!!! 2015 Candlelight Processional ADR Watch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i keep checking just in case but every time i search (tried 2 different browsers IE and firefox) it tells me "we are unable to check for available tables at this time" is anyone else having this problem?

I have a general question about the dinner package. When you go to your meal do you get a physical ticket/wristband, or is it linked electronically to your MB?

I'm asking because I'm going in a group of 6, but not everyone is interested is going to CP. The few that do want to go won't be able to make it to dinner, so o was wondering if part of our group got the dining package if we'd be able to transfer the show passes.

I apologize if I should have posted this somewhere else. This seemed like the most comprehensive thread!

i keep checking just in case but every time i search (tried 2 different browsers IE and firefox) it tells me "we are unable to check for available tables at this time" is anyone else having this problem?
I seem to get this message when searching for a lunch time, but when searching for dinners I get the "no tables found" message.

I have a general question about the dinner package. When you go to your meal do you get a physical ticket/wristband, or is it linked electronically to your MB?

I'm asking because I'm going in a group of 6, but not everyone is interested is going to CP. The few that do want to go won't be able to make it to dinner, so o was wondering if part of our group got the dining package if we'd be able to transfer the show passes.

I apologize if I should have posted this somewhere else. This seemed like the most comprehensive thread!

When I last attended in 2013, you received little tickets/stickers that you had to show in order to get into the theatre. They weren't linked to your magic band. Not sure if it changed last year, but the procedure I experienced in 2013 was the same as it had been for several years before.

I am on google chrome and I get that message sometimes but not all too often. When I do, I just hit search again and usually after a time or two a get another message either no availability or it shows the times that are ( this is in reference of all ADRS not just CP)

I'm going to try to get a package for 11/27. My question is this: do your kids really enjoy it? I have three boys that might think just watching some singing is boring. They might rather explore epcot some more and ride stuff. Is CP as magical as I'm hoping?? I watched some videos on YouTube and it looks nice, but we go to church and see a lot of the same things here. There is even a church that does a "singing christmas tree" that is bigger than the one I see in the videos.... It's like I want to go because I love the idea of hearing the Christmas story at Disney, but is it "FUN"????

I'm going to try to get a package for 11/27. My question is this: do your kids really enjoy it? I have three boys that might think just watching some singing is boring. They might rather explore epcot some more and ride stuff. Is CP as magical as I'm hoping?? I watched some videos on YouTube and it looks nice, but we go to church and see a lot of the same things here. There is even a church that does a "singing christmas tree" that is bigger than the one I see in the videos.... It's like I want to go because I love the idea of hearing the Christmas story at Disney, but is it "FUN"????

I'm wondering about this, too. I want to do everything holiday that we can, but will DD5 enjoy this??

I'm wondering about this, too. I want to do everything holiday that we can, but will DD5 enjoy this??
While this will be our first year, I am taking DS4 and DD7. They both enjoy Christmas carols, so hoping they can at least sit through the 45 minutes without getting too antsy! While I don't expect DS4 to get a lot out of it, I think DD7 will. But this is one event that is definitely more for me than the kids.

It is not FUN in a kids perspective unless church and chorus concerts are fun for them. It will be fun for my DD14 who wants to be a musical theatre major, and would love to see many of the possible star narrators perform. It will be refreshing for me as we will not attend church services while on vacation, and be a great way to get into the true spirit of Christmas. My DS8 may talk his dad into a walk back to the hotel or standby for Test Track instead of attending and I'm okay with that because I know it is not something he will enjoy or get much out of.

I don't think anything about it would be considered fun to a child. It's beautiful and magical and sounds incredible and it is cool to hear a celebrity narrator read the Christmas story...especially while sitting in the middle of the world showcase. But I don't think it's going to seem like any of those things to a lot of kids. Really depends on your kids. I am a nanny for 4...ages 6-12 and I think each of them would love it and be so intrigued and mesmerized by it. But other kids may just see it as being forced to sit still for 45 minutes while they want to go run around WDW.

You could always try to find a spot behind all the seating to watch some of it for as long as the kids will tolerate it maybe?

I did it in 2013 and absolutely loved it. Doing it again this year and can't wait!

Sounds a lot like some of the other 'high art' Christmas traditions like going to see a performance of the Messiah or the Nutcracker. Some children absolutely love that, others do not. But I'm off the opinion that little Johnny and Susie could due with a 45 minute sit and watch to be told the story of Christmas and what it really means, no matter if they like it or not. Maybe they will learn to appreciate the Holiday beyond the presents.

I agree with bamacmac. It isn't fun, it is beautiful, it is inspiring, it is magical. With the orchestra, the Voices of Liberty, the trumpeters, the choirs, and the narrator it is amazing, but in my opinion it isn't fun.

Sounds a lot like some of the other 'high art' Christmas traditions like going to see a performance of the Messiah or the Nutcracker. Some children absolutely love that, others do not. But I'm off the opinion that little Johnny and Susie could due with a 45 minute sit and watch to be told the story of Christmas and what it really means, no matter if they like it or not. Maybe they will learn to appreciate the Holiday beyond the presents.
TOTALLY agree with you on that. My hypothetical future children would be attending. :)

I completely agree.

My kids know exactly what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown. We go to church and they know the whole story. Not sure if we need Disney to reinforce. That's why I was asking :D IF we can get in I'll reconsider! Thanks for the info!

It's not just 45. Even though you have guaranteed seating, you do need to arrive earlier (at least 30) and wait in line. At one point, the reserved section is opened up for those who did not have a reservation.

Is it worth it? Absolutely, But is it worth it for a toddler and a school grader in tow? Not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter