2015-16 Boston Bruins Thread... A New Hope...

I missed the start of the season, just returned from a cruise last night. Can't watch too much hockey on a ship, only football :scared:.. No complaints here though, except for the darn PP.

Back to the laundry.o_O

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian readers.

And to all the Canadien readers... (bleep) (bleep) (bleep) (bleep) (bleep) (bleeping) (bleep).

I know it's not fair to take out my frustrations on you for your team just doing their job. But hey... I'm bitter and spiteful. I didn't get to see most of the game (my bachelor party was Sat night), but I was able to peak at the TV now and again. And every time I looked up, it seemed like the Habs scored again. Last I saw the B's were losing 3-1. I found out the next day, that the final was 4-2. And as I was looking up the score, I received a twitter alert. Marchand will be out indefinitely due to concussion symptoms. GREAT!!!!!

Since today is Canadian Thanksgiving, does that mean that next month is Canadian Christmas? Because I would like to sit on Canadian Santa's lap and ask him for defensive minded D-men. Because, as we all know, those teams that are in the top 8's of their respective conferences by American Thanksgiving, have a 90+% chance of being in the top 8 when the season ends.

Tick tock Bruins.

Hopefully, they can get on the right path this afternoon when the B's take on the Bolts at 1pm.

I take exception to this. It wasn`t just because the Bruins sucked that the Jets won. We do have some skill too, even though you wouldn`t think so to read this recap. I know you`re biased but geez....

I didn't mean to besmirch the Jets. They were the only playoff team playing that night. And I have been a fan of Byfuglien (I can pronounce it, but occasionally need to look up how to spell it) for years, and still have an autographed Wheeler puck. All I was saying was that the B's made it that much easier for the Jets to score 5 goals (the 6th was 100% a fluke).

But I gotta say, thank you for calling me out. This is what I was hoping for, for this thread.

Face-off in 3 1/2 hrs. Let's Go Bruins!!!!

Better get some grease for the gears. The rumor mill has begun a' churnin'.

Just in, via Joe Hags:

The Bruins have explored offers for Z and Marchy.

Granted, this was probably in the works before Sat's game. But you can't trade 2 players that are on the shelf. Also, you can't trade your only shut down D-man (til Xmas) and last year's leading goal scorer.

I get that Don is no stranger to dropping those stones in the water, to make waves and ripples. And I am not averse to trading Big Z (instant 'C' for Bergy). But I'm hoping that these guys are just being put out there to initiate talks and will settle on other players.

Been a Bruins fan all my life and love the game. They look horrible. Somethings got to give. I read today that they placed Matt Irwin (who is a -5) on waivers, I guess that's a start but they need much much more than that. Seems like Marchand's injury is forcing Claude to jumble the lines (I think that's a good thing). Don't think I can watch a whole season of them playing like this. Hockey is by far my favorite sport to watch, but all I can say for now is Go Pats!

I missed the start of the season, just returned from a cruise last night. Can't watch too much hockey on a ship, only football :scared:.. No complaints here though, except for the darn PP.

Back to the laundry.o_O

What cruise were you on. I'm heading for my 11th in 27 days. Love cruising. Do you post on Cruise Critic?

Well, on to the disaster. Mazz, one of our sports talk radio guys, thought the Bruins would have a tough start but this was even beyond what he was thinking. 0 - 3 with 7 GF and 16 GA. That is beyond bad, and it doesn't look like it will get better soon.

What cruise were you on. I'm heading for my 11th in 27 days. Love cruising. Do you post on Cruise Critic?

Well, on to the disaster. Mazz, one of our sports talk radio guys, thought the Bruins would have a tough start but this was even beyond what he was thinking. 0 - 3 with 7 GF and 16 GA. That is beyond bad, and it doesn't look like it will get better soon.

HI.. We were on the Freedom of the Seas for the second time.. This was our 14th cruise.. Addicted, we love it also. We missed Bahamas due to high seas from the hurricane, but had EXCELLENT weather aside from that.. Where are you going? Mother nature was also good to us today, almost 90 degrees, and all laundry was done by 1pm, and hung on the clothes line :)

You know, I registered there a LONGGGG time ago, but got freaked out, and never post, do you? I think now I know enough about cruising..LOL.

I actually feel bad about the B's, but I don't think it will stick around too long, they always seem to rebound.

Hi everyone. I'm back.

I'm going to totally ignore the Bruins' 2 road wins and just focus on the atrocity that was last night's game. Before I begin, CONGRATULATIONS to the Bergerons and the addition to their family. But, not to be outdone by Mrs. Bergeron, Patrice went out and had a 2 pt night. Including a wiffle ball swing for a goal. And everything seemed bright and shiny for the 1st 40min of the game last night. Then the 3rd period happened. Defensive breakdowns abound. And Tuuk is continuing the trend that we all thought he shook 2 yrs ago, but fell back into last year. And that is the inability to stop anything that comes close to his left shoulder. If Bob Essensa can't break him of the habit, I say we get "Patches" O'Houlihan to come in as a special assistant. Strip Tuuk of all gear except for a pad on his left shoulder and throw wrenches at him.

Granted, the Bruins haven't had close to this kind of offensive performance since the G.A.S. line. But even then, you had other lines that had defensive responsibilities (the B's need a PJ Axelsson bad) and you knew what the D-pairs would give you. The way they are playing now, there has to be a trade made by the Bruins and the other teams will be like sharks smelling blood in the water. As Ritchie Cunningham said before Fonzie was going to jump the shark "CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP!"

The next game will be Friday against the Isles in the Jay-Z Memorial Coliseum, who are currently tied for the lead of the Metro Division.

As for the reason for my long absence, BDLsgal and I tied the knot last Saturday. Now, I haven't tried this before, but I have a pic of the cake topper, saved on my PC, and I'll try to load it here. If it works, let me know how cool you think BDLsgal is for having this made.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!!!cake topper.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm back.

I'm going to totally ignore the Bruins' 2 road wins and just focus on the atrocity that was last night's game. Before I begin, CONGRATULATIONS to the Bergerons and the addition to their family. But, not to be outdone by Mrs. Bergeron, Patrice went out and had a 2 pt night. Including a wiffle ball swing for a goal. And everything seemed bright and shiny for the 1st 40min of the game last night. Then the 3rd period happened. Defensive breakdowns abound. And Tuuk is continuing the trend that we all thought he shook 2 yrs ago, but fell back into last year. And that is the inability to stop anything that comes close to his left shoulder. If Bob Essensa can't break him of the habit, I say we get "Patches" O'Houlihan to come in as a special assistant. Strip Tuuk of all gear except for a pad on his left shoulder and throw wrenches at him.

Granted, the Bruins haven't had close to this kind of offensive performance since the G.A.S. line. But even then, you had other lines that had defensive responsibilities (the B's need a PJ Axelsson bad) and you knew what the D-pairs would give you. The way they are playing now, there has to be a trade made by the Bruins and the other teams will be like sharks smelling blood in the water. As Ritchie Cunningham said before Fonzie was going to jump the shark "CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP!"

The next game will be Friday against the Isles in the Jay-Z Memorial Coliseum, who are currently tied for the lead of the Metro Division.

As for the reason for my long absence, BDLsgal and I tied the knot last Saturday. Now, I haven't tried this before, but I have a pic of the cake topper, saved on my PC, and I'll try to load it here. If it works, let me know how cool you think BDLsgal is for having this made.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!!!View attachment 130401

Cool Topper. Mrs. BDL is certainly cool for doing that for you, but what about a Bruins logo on her gown?

Cool Topper. Mrs. BDL is certainly cool for doing that for you, but what about a Bruins logo on her gown?

Thank you. Instead of opting for the B's logo, she went with the Mouse Head bouquet. By the way, she had a Mouse Head bouquet for the service too.

And yes... We did enter the reception to the Bruins goal song. The Bridal party entered to the Mickey Mouse Club theme. We entered to Zombie Nation

Congratulations bdl! The cake topper is pretty awesome.

Good luck against the isles, strong team in a crappy venue.

HI.. We were on the Freedom of the Seas for the second time.. This was our 14th cruise.. Addicted, we love it also. We missed Bahamas due to high seas from the hurricane, but had EXCELLENT weather aside from that.. Where are you going? Mother nature was also good to us today, almost 90 degrees, and all laundry was done by 1pm, and hung on the clothes line :)

You know, I registered there a LONGGGG time ago, but got freaked out, and never post, do you? I think now I know enough about cruising..LOL.

I actually feel bad about the B's, but I don't think it will stick around too long, they always seem to rebound.

We are going to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Princess Cruise Lines private island. Cruise Critic isn't just about getting answers about cruising. I post on the Roll Calls with people I'll be meeting on the cruise. In fact, many of the people I met on last year's trip. It's a great way to meet people and organize group activities like slot pulls and the like.

Hi everyone. I'm back.

Congrats you two. The cake topper is real cute.

Last night was really disappointing. 14 minutes between shots. Did you hear Milbury call Rask "lazy"? I think it's infecting the whole team.

Hi everyone. I'm back.

How WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations.

I thought you two were married!!!!!!

We are going to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Princess Cruise Lines private island. Cruise Critic isn't just about getting answers about cruising. I post on the Roll Calls with people I'll be meeting on the cruise. In fact, many of the people I met on last year's trip. It's a great way to meet people and organize group activities like slot pulls and the like.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise!!!!! I miss it already. Time to start planning.
Oh I know, I just I dunno, I was going to get into that, and someone chickened out LOL.. Maybe one day, I will get out of my shyness.

Even though the Bruins didn't play this weekend, there were some pretty important goings on. On Saturday, there was a season ticket holder event, where they unveiled the Bruins' Winter Classic sweater. And despite EVERYONE saying "No. The sweater that has been leaked looks nothing like the way it will look.", the sweater looked EXACTLY like the one that was leaked. And it does look pretty cool (I was still holding out hope for the inclusion of the "Pooh Bear" in some form. Oh well). To me, it kind of looks like a college football jersey from their hay day in the 80's.

Click HERE to see the sweater.

At the unveiling, the Bruins hosted an indoor tailgate party. There was a DJ, free hot dogs, soda, popcorn and nachos (beers were $8 a pop). Also, there were 5 different photo stations where you can meet n greet with 20 or so Bruins in attendance. BDLsgal and I got pics with all of them except Marchand and Rinaldo. On top of the photo ops, some of the Bruins were playing corn hole with the fans or helping serving food. Gotta tell you, some of these guys have some real personalities, and great attitudes and senses of humor.

At the Z, Seidenberg & Trotman photo station, I tripped over the bar at the base of the back drop and they were all laughing at me. And laughed harder when BDLsgal said "At least he tried to fall backwards to try to keep you guys healthy."

At the "Monster" & Beleskey station, I complimented Gustavsson on his play so far and shook his hand. He has hands softer than George Costanza. After hockey, he has a future as a hand model.

At the Spooner & McQuaid station, both were talking to us and were very open. After the pic, I asked Spoons, if his goal the other night, was that he intended to bank the shot off an Isles' skate or was he trying to set up Kemppainen. He tilted his head down and said under his breath "I was trying to set up Kempy."

Now comes to the highlight of the day. If you read the previous thread, you know how much I was looking forward to having Max Talbot on this team. I like his game and had heard he is a great dressing room presence. What happened this day, made Talbot BDLsgal's new favorite active Bruin. We get up to him and Eriksson, and just as we get into position for the pic (I'm next to Eriksson and she is next to Talbot), the "Whip it Nene" song comes on. And without any prompting and completely on his own, he says "This is my jam." and immediately starts breaking it down and getting his groove on. It was awesome. Just look at the smile on BDLsgal's face.

Kelly Sean 21 25.jpg

It was a fun day. I don't know if or when the Habs will unveil theirs. Maybe Declansdad or Mommasita can chime in on that. And I don't know if they are going traditional or Hamburglar stripes.

Next game is tomorrow against the 'Yotes. Face-off at 7pm.

Let's Go BRUINS!!!!!

I'm absolutely baffled by the Ducks right now. They are falling apart at the threads it appears. We've yet to play any central division opponents, our first will be the Wild this next week. Every opponent so far has been from the Eastern division, some good teams and some are so/so from just the first few weeks.

BDL, In the Summer it was reported they may use a Jersey from the 22-26 era, and nobody has said a word since. Actually nobody is talking about that game at all... I think they don't want to jinx what is going on right here right now. We are now in the West Coast, and working nights, I will miss all games :sad::sad:.

Your day sounded like fun. Max is a great guy, great. Can't comment on the others, don't know them.

Mandy, it is still early, I am sure they will get into a groove.

I'm absolutely baffled by the Ducks right now. They are falling apart at the threads it appears. We've yet to play any central division opponents, our first will be the Wild this next week. Every opponent so far has been from the Eastern division, some good teams and some are so/so from just the first few weeks.

Look at the bright side. You walked away with a point last night against the 'Hawks. And tonight you got the Stars, where the game will be a pinball game as far as scoring goes, for both teams. But the Ducks have a GAA. Good luck

Look at the bright side. You walked away with a point last night against the 'Hawks. And tonight you got the Stars, where the game will be a pinball game as far as scoring goes, for both teams. But the Ducks have a GAA. Good luck

Haha my team is off till tomorrow. We just played them last week and we play them again on sunday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter