2015-16 Boston Bruins Thread... A New Hope...

Don't look now, but the Bruins are actually in the top 8 of the Eastern Conference. Granted, they are tied with the Devils. But the B's have the edge in ROW. And that is completely due to their 5 game point streak, following their terror inducing start. And, amazingly, this streak has a lot to do with their league leading power play. Let me say that again for all of you who teared up from laughter thinking I was telling a joke. The Boston Bruins, have the #1 ranked power play, in the NHL, in the 2015-16 season. This is the same team that has had a historical record of rarely getting PP opportunities in the first place.

Another contributing factor (and it kills me to say this) is the play of Krejci. He is currently top 5 in goals and points. He is also getting back on D as well. But what is really good to see is that the B's are getting scoring from their top 3 lines and sporadic scoring from the 4th.

Even with the win on Sat. night, the Bruins suffered a loss, in the form of a rejuvenated Chris Kelly. There's still no official word on the injury, but it looked pretty serious the way he needed help to the dressing room. If he does miss time, I am really hoping that the call will be made to Providence to get Talbot back.

Tomorrow night, defensive resurgence will be tested against the top heavy Stars. Benn and Seguin are currently 1 & 2 in scoring. It will be interesting to see who comes off the ice first during the morning skate, tomorrow. Tuuk or Monster?

Face-off is 7pm tomorrow night.

Let's Go Bruins!!!!!

They did great in Florida but now comes a tough week. Dallas first, then back on the, so far, friendly road for Washington, against whom they have not scored a goal for a year, then Montreal against whom they just haven't matched up well.

Hey, I give credit where credit is due. Except for Krejci and Batman & the Boy Wonder in Dallas, the top scorers are all Habs. But you will have to worry about burn out. Unless the front office goes the Steinbrenner route and starts screwing with the team chemistry, because you are too smart for your own good.

It was a double loss last night. The B's got spanked by the Stars, but before that, they lost Kelly for season, on his 1st shift of the night. At first sight, I thought it was an MCL or an ACL. But when I heard that it was his femur, all I could think of, was how promising Bob Beers was, til he broke his femur and it was almost 2 yrs before he came back. Best wishes Chris.

As for the other 59 min of the game, it was a train wreck. I went into last night's game thinking the Stars would be on a rampage. Figuring they kept their juice in reserve from the night before, which led to them getting embarrassed and giving the Leafs their 1st home win of the season. The Bruins peppered Lehtonen for the 1st 5min of the game. Then Seguin scored on Dallas' 1st shot of the game. All told, Tuuk gave up 5 goals on 19 shots. I will only give him a pass on Seguin's 1st and 3rd goals. The 1st, Miller screened him. On the 3rd, the whole Bruins team stopped because they thought the play was offsides. It was like watching a football game when there is a fumble on the field and no one picks it up, until someone snags it and goes for 6. Play to the whistle guys!!!!!! The rest of them, Tuuk had a clear view and should've made the saves. And it wouldn't hurt if Essenza fastened a sheet of plywood to Tuuk's left shoulder.

And then to make matters worse, I forgot to click off my stream of 98.5, at 2pm. So I was sucked into listening to the Waldorf and Stadler trolls (aka Felger & Mazz) tongue bathe each other about how they feel the Bruins screwed up with Seguin in every aspect. Laying no blame at his feet and viewing the whole thing like it existed in a vacuum. Finally, my blood pressure levels and the acid in the back of my throat rose enough that I clicked out of it. Pheeeewwwww....

The couple of bright spots from last night were Colin Miller's 1st NHL goal, to tie the game at 1, and the other 1/2 of the Dallas trade scoring 2 goals. But that was about it.

Bruins are playing the Caps in DC tomorrow night. I just hope they don't look past the Caps to facing the Habs on Sat.

I can't see them looking past a team they haven't scored on in a year.

So, that's the key to the game tonight. SCORE, FAST! Don't let bleeping Holtby think he's going to blank you again!

I tell you, the injury bug is just flying.

I feel badly for Mc David, and reading what some people are saying is horrifying..o_O

Personally, I don't like to see anybody injured, regardless of who they are, who they play for.

What a poop show last night. It took a "Whoops!" goal just to snap the shutout streak Holtby had against the Bruins. And then a new shutout streak started. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

But it was good to see some grit out there. Now if we can get grit without stupid minors. God the PK is in the toilet right now.

I tell you, the injury bug is just flying.

Personally, I don't like to see anybody injured, regardless of who they are, who they play for.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. But every time I see Cook on skates... No... No... No... (SMH)

In closing, the Habs just revealed their Winter Classic sweater. CLICK HERE

Kind of reminds me of a Jim Thorpe era college football jersey. And it almost reminds me of the Nordiques' sweater for some reason.

What a poop show last night. It took a "Whoops!" goal just to snap the shutout streak Holtby had against the Bruins. And then a new shutout streak started. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

But it was good to see some grit out there. Now if we can get grit without stupid minors. God the PK is in the toilet right now.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. But every time I see Cook on skates... No... No... No... (SMH)

In closing, the Habs just revealed their Winter Classic sweater. CLICK HERE

Kind of reminds me of a Jim Thorpe era college football jersey. And it almost reminds me of the Nordiques' sweater for some reason.

I have mixed opinions.. IT is kind of original, but kind of crayola looking? But kind of what I was expecting. I wish it would STOP being all over the news.

I can't see them looking past a team they haven't scored on in a year.

So, that's the key to the game tonight. SCORE, FAST! Don't let bleeping Holtby think he's going to blank you again!

Thanks from a Caps fan. Your "bleeping Holtby" made my day.

Before I get started, I'd like to say congratulations to all of the Hall of Fame inductees that were honored on Monday. Not only were the players, that were inducted, some of the best at their craft, they were also some of the most fun players to use in SEGA's NHL games. And congrats to Bob McKenzie, for literally writing his ticket into the Hall.

On to the B's.

Good Game :)

Yes. Last Saturday's game was a good game. For 40 min. Then the black and gold just fell apart. Then the Bruins rested on their heels and were playing catch-up. And the ALMOST got away with at least a point. But luckily, the Habs put them away. That's right. I said 'luckily'. The reason I said 'luckily' is because this is a very young team. I don't want them to get accustomed to playing 1/2 hearted and walking away with points. Gotta play at least the full 60. There is a bright side though. The Bruins' streak of premier game/1st NHL goal is still intact. MA's own Frank Vatrano scored his 1st goal Saturday and was luck yo have his family in attendance.

Thankfully redemption came the following day, in the form of a win at the Jay-Z Memorial Coliseum. Tuuk reverted to form. He actually stopped shots that were being fired at his left shoulder. I guess Bob Essenza must read this thread after all... Any hoo, Tuuk turned back 36 of 37 shots. The only 1 that got by him, came off the stick of the guy that used to help Tuuk keep pucks out of the net, Johnny Boychuck. But I gotta say, my favorite part of the game was in the 3rd period when Adam McQuaid and Matt Martin spent 3 minutes wrestling behind the net while play was going on. Neither of them would allow the other to move 6" to the left or right until the refs blew the play dead.

And in sadder news, the B's once again sent Talbot back to Providence. *siiiiiiiiiigh*

The Bruins welcome back old friends Iggy and Soderberg, with Roy behind the bench tonight, when the B's host the Av's. Hopefully my Budweiser goal lamp will go off more times than I swear at the TV.

Face-off is at 7pm.

Let's Go Bruins!!!!

Just got back from Vacation (Caribbean Cruise) so I've been out of touch. 2 W's out of 3, not bad but would have liked to had them beat the Avs.

Just got back from Vacation (Caribbean Cruise) so I've been out of touch. 2 W's out of 3, not bad but would have liked to had them beat the Avs.

QUICK!!!! Get back on the boat. If the B's go 2 out of 3 for the rest of the season, they'll be a lock for the playoffs.

Just kidding. Welcome back.

As SteveA said, the Bruins had won 2 out of the last 3. The B's really let that Av's game get away from them. But, in the aftermath, Krejci may be starting to win me over. I'm not a fan, yet. But in an interview after the loss against COL, he said "We need to keep playing on our toes. Not on our heels." And, sure enough, he picked a corner, and scored his 8th goal of the year. A goal that would turn out to be the game winner. And the game was a team win for the Bruins, Saturday night. Everyone was laying out blocking shots. Everyone jumped on transition. And there was some good fore- and back- checking.

It was definitely a win they can build on, and they'll need to. Tomorrow night, the B's will be playing the Sharks. Both teams are on the outside looking in and American Thanksgiving is right around the corner. So points are a premium for both teams. Not just the teams, but for the coaches and the GM's too. The coaches are on hot seats, and the GM's could be scouting potential trade partners, come the trade deadline.

Face-off is at 7pm tomorrow night. Let's Go Bruins!!!

And for a little off-topic exclamation...

HOW ABOUT THAT GAME YESTERDAY?!?!??!?!?! WHOOOOOOO!!!!

Comes down to the wire and then a 50+ yrd kick for the win. WHOOOOOOO!!!!

Well that's more like it. Two wins against a very tough team who usually give the Bruins fits (MN) and against a team playing well right now (TOR). Hopefully they will keep up their good road play.

Anyone watch the NWHL on NESN today. I saw about half. Good game but bad result. The NY goalie was solid.

Here we are. On the cusp of a 3 game winning streak and sweeping a home and home series against the Leafs. And God knows that the Bruins need as much of a push as possible. We are at the mile marker and the B's need to take the next 2 games. If the Bruins win tonight, they will be 1 of 4 teams with 23 pts, where 2 of them will be listed as the wild card teams. If the Bruins win Wed. night as well, that would be a "4 point game." Because, theoretically, they could leap frog into the 3rd slot of the Atlantic Div. And if you are superstitious like me, that would mean that they would have had a playoff position by American Thanksgiving, which in turn, should mean that they will be a playoff team, come April.

But let's deal with tonight's opponent first. If you watched the game Saturday, you may have been like me. Blurting out random syllables. Not words. Just syllables. Sometimes it was just it would just be a series of consonants. Completely indecipherable by anyone from this planet. The "ting"s; The pucks going across the blue from 1 side through the other; The wrap-arounds that had the door shut at the last nano-second. And those events were happening for both teams. And the saves made by Tuuk and Reimer were incredible. The quick leather and the pad saves were nuts. Luckily the tie was broken, with 4 minutes left in the game, in probably the most terrifying fashion, for Reimer.

Big Z took a feed from Trotman and just slooooooooooooooooowly skated towards Reimer, unopposed, with his slap shot cocked the whole time. You can only imagine what must've been going through the mind of Mr. Reimer.
- "Umm, where's my defense?"
- "Oh jeez... He hasn't blinked at all. And that crooked smile creeps me out."
- "Is my will up to date?"

I watched the replay 3 times and I still never saw the puck. Scary.

Marchand would add an empty netter with 6 sec left. It was a very hard fought 2 pts.

Tonight, the Leafs try to get their payback. And why shouldn't they? If not for a slap shot that was so fast it could travel time, they could've walked away with at least 1 pt. on Saturday.

Another wrinkle going into the last 2 games, before Turkey Day, is that the B's have games in hand on all the teams that are ahead of them in the division, and all but 1 in the conference. So if they can win the next 2 games, the % pts should give them the edge.

Face-off is at 7:30 tonight. And for those listening on the radio, the game will be broadcast on 100.7 due to the Pats being on 98.5. And speaking of broadcasts, if anyone knows this, please let me know. Do national or Toronto home broadcasters still refer to James van Riemsdyk as "JVR" and/or still hail him as the second coming?

Let's Go Bruins!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter