• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. My DH is driving me bananas with his procrastination. We are flying into MCO on Sunday and renting a car, staying off site for 2 nights while visiting friends. On Tuesday, we are going to AK for breakfast and about 1/2 day of fun. My plan is to have DH drop DD and I off at the YC to get checked in (staying CL if that matters) and he is going to go back to MCO to return the rental car. My question is. Can he take ME back to the YC? I have requested twice, but we have yet to receive our updated ME tags, which we need for our return trip home, but I do still have our original ME tags from when we were supposed to go in December, but had to reschedule (it's the same flight numbers, just different dates).

Any advice on the best way to do this? I'm going to call today and I'm hoping they will just input the updated flight info, again, and tell me that DH can just use his voucher dated 11/30 to show to the CMs at the counter and be able to hop on a bus. That seems easiest at this point. He'll have no luggage, just needs to hitch a ride :)

I don't really know the answer to your questions but here are a couple of suggestions.

1) Here is the phone number I have on file for Magical Express- have they been any help with your questions?

Magical Express contact number: (866) 599-0951

2) For your husband's trip from MCO to YC, I don't see why not, but because your flight into MCO is on a different day, I think you need to make special arrangements.

3) Do you get ME tags for the way home? Or is that just handled at the RAC (Resort Airline Checkin). We have always checked in in for our return flight at the resort, in the morning because they close at noon or 1:00 I think. That is when we get the tags that put our luggage through to our home airport.

4) You would need to make sure that you have reservations for the return ME. Confirm with ME that they have that info. And during your stay, you should get a letter from the resort the day before you leave describing what you need to do to check out and info about your ME reservation (when to be ready for the bus)

Since you are staying club level, can IPO help you with any of this? I don't know, but you could ask.

Question. My DH is driving me bananas with his procrastination. We are flying into MCO on Sunday and renting a car, staying off site for 2 nights while visiting friends. On Tuesday, we are going to AK for breakfast and about 1/2 day of fun. My plan is to have DH drop DD and I off at the YC to get checked in (staying CL if that matters) and he is going to go back to MCO to return the rental car. My question is. Can he take ME back to the YC? I have requested twice, but we have yet to receive our updated ME tags, which we need for our return trip home, but I do still have our original ME tags from when we were supposed to go in December, but had to reschedule (it's the same flight numbers, just different dates).

Any advice on the best way to do this? I'm going to call today and I'm hoping they will just input the updated flight info, again, and tell me that DH can just use his voucher dated 11/30 to show to the CMs at the counter and be able to hop on a bus. That seems easiest at this point. He'll have no luggage, just needs to hitch a ride :)

You can't use the voucher from the old trip because the reservation numbers have changed. You'll have to call ME anyway to ask about your husband being able to ride the ME, so you'll be able to find out from them whether he can use the service. We haven't received our vouchers for our upcoming trip and they told us to check into the ME desk when we arrive at MCO. :)

3) Do you get ME tags for the way home? Or is that just handled at the RAC (Resort Airline Checkin). We have always checked in in for our return flight at the resort, in the morning because they close at noon or 1:00 I think. That is when we get the tags that put our luggage through to our home airport.

You don't use the yellow luggage tags for the return trip, only for the arrival leg. You just need the letter that is delivered to your resort room the night before departure. :)

My husband and I will be visiting at the beginning of April :yay:and enjoy strolling around the Boardwalk and into Epcot and MGM. We usually stay at the Dolphin but could get a similar rate at the Beach Club this time. Any thoughts of which is the best place to stay?

Thanks for the ME info. I called the ME number and they had all my updated flight info and said it will be no problem for DH to return the rental and jump on ME over to the YC.

My husband and I will be visiting at the beginning of April :yay:and enjoy strolling around the Boardwalk and into Epcot and MGM. We usually stay at the Dolphin but could get a similar rate at the Beach Club this time. Any thoughts of which is the best place to stay?

We were down to either the Dolphin or BC for check in this weekend also. Chose BC, considering we would use ME and with the FP+ situation being up in the air. I think we'll be very happy with our decision and can't wait until Saturday!

Thanks for the ME info. I called the ME number and they had all my updated flight info and said it will be no problem for DH to return the rental and jump on ME over to the YC.

Glad it worked out! Which rental company are you using? Do they have a location near Disney? We used Dollar and we were able to return the car by dtd.

Hi! This will be our first trip to the Beach Club to stay. We will be there June 7-12. We've always stayed at CSR in the past, but decided that we would rather drop a day of our trip so we can stay at the Beach Club. On our checkin day, we scheduled Akershus breakfast for our girls, since its easy walking distance from the BC. When will we be able to check in (not get into the room, just check in?) so we can get into the park to eat? Will our bands automatically work on the first day of our trip? We last visited in March 2012, so the bands are new for us.

I booked CL GV for September. Which rooms would that likely include? Last time we booked CL GV but ended up in a deluxe room on the 3rd floor. But, that was just pixie dust at check-in so I'm assuming we will likely be on the 5th floor, correct? Am I able to see which room are CL GV and if they have balconies, etc.?

Thanks!

Hi! This will be our first trip to the Beach Club to stay. We will be there June 7-12. We've always stayed at CSR in the past, but decided that we would rather drop a day of our trip so we can stay at the Beach Club. On our checkin day, we scheduled Akershus breakfast for our girls, since its easy walking distance from the BC. When will we be able to check in (not get into the room, just check in?) so we can get into the park to eat? Will our bands automatically work on the first day of our trip? We last visited in March 2012, so the bands are new for us.
You check in as early as 7am. The MB's work right away. You shouldn't have any problem getting into Epcot for your ADR. :)

Choose BC because

You will get MagicBands and be able to preschedule your fp+ s. It looks like all the old paper fast pass machines will be gone soon.

The BC is a great place to stay. :)

Hello everyone! We are planning our first stay at Beach Club and we are so excited! Just curious for those who have stayed at any of the Epcot area resorts - have you ever made the decision to upgrade to park hoppers because you are so close to both Epcot and DHS? We usually just use base tickets but I'm tempted since the parks are so easily accessible.

Hello everyone! We are planning our first stay at Beach Club and we are so excited! Just curious for those who have stayed at any of the Epcot area resorts - have you ever made the decision to upgrade to park hoppers because you are so close to both Epcot and DHS? We usually just use base tickets but I'm tempted since the parks are so easily accessible.

I think that park hoppers are almost mandatory when staying at an Epcot resort. It is wonderful to just be able to walk into Epcot to watch Illuminations at night, or to stroll in for lunch at a counter service place. Just for dining alone it is worth it to have the park hoppers. And a hidden benefit is that you can use the Epcot monorail to get over to the MK resorts for ADR's or for MK. There were plenty of times that we took the monorail from MK to Epcot so that we could walk through Epcot, grab a meal, and head back to our resort for a nap or for the night.

FWIW, I've seen people regret not getting a park hopper when staying at an Epcot area resort. :)

I think that park hoppers are almost mandatory when staying at an Epcot resort. It is wonderful to just be able to walk into Epcot to watch Illuminations at night, or to stroll in for lunch at a counter service place. Just for dining alone it is worth it to have the park hoppers. And a hidden benefit is that you can use the Epcot monorail to get over to the MK resorts for ADR's or for MK. There were plenty of times that we took the monorail from MK to Epcot so that we could walk through Epcot, grab a meal, and head back to our resort for a nap or for the night.

FWIW, I've seen people regret not getting a park hopper when staying at an Epcot area resort. :)

I totally agree! I always have the park hopping feature with my tickets. As mentioned above, the convenience of walking in to EPCOT to get a yummy treat from the World Showcase, or to enjoy Illuminations solo because the rest of your family can't keep up with you is priceless.

However- I don't know if this is still the case, but my understanding is that if you want to add park hopping to your tickets it is the same price at anytime (around $50 for whatever your length of stay is), so it doesn't matter when you add this feature. So if there is a possibility you WON'T use the park hopping feature you don't have to add it. Then if you decide you do want it, you can add it at Guest Relations or maybe even at the ticket booth when and if you need to. Same price differential as if you added it when you purchased the tickets from Disney. The only thing you "lose" is the ability to hop from Day 1 of your trip.

If some in your party might hop, and others won't, then you can just add the feature on to those who will need it once you get to Disney.

If you are getting discounted tickets from a place like Undercover Tourist, it probably makes sense to get the park hoppers up front.

Something to think about, but I still recommend the hoppers!

We were originally listed as a maybe for June in the BOG list.
We are now a definite and booked for August 12-19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited. I got a great deal through ***. The only thing is, I could only book a standard view. How bad are these? I don't mind some of the views in the photo thread but the one with the big flat roof in front with puddles all over it was not so good. With the deal, I don't think there is any way for me to pay for an upgrade. Has anyone had any luck with pixie dust upgrades at checkin? I would be happy with an upgrade to garden view!!!!
Would you recommend online or regular checkin? Either way, I'll be at Disney and the Beach Club!!!!! This will also be our first time with parkhoppers.
I have always planned my days at one park and did an ADR for that park. How do you guys handle ADRs with the parkhoppers. Plan out ahead of time where to hop or just pick where you want to eat and travel to it from whatever park you are in?
Thanks for any advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree! I always have the park hopping feature with my tickets. As mentioned above, the convenience of walking in to EPCOT to get a yummy treat from the World Showcase, or to enjoy Illuminations solo because the rest of your family can't keep up with you is priceless.

However- I don't know if this is still the case, but my understanding is that if you want to add park hopping to your tickets it is the same price at anytime (around $50 for whatever your length of stay is), so it doesn't matter when you add this feature. So if there is a possibility you WON'T use the park hopping feature you don't have to add it. Then if you decide you do want it, you can add it at Guest Relations or maybe even at the ticket booth when and if you need to. Same price differential as if you added it when you purchased the tickets from Disney. The only thing you "lose" is the ability to hop from Day 1 of your trip.

If some in your party might hop, and others won't, then you can just add the feature on to those who will need it once you get to Disney.

If you are getting discounted tickets from a place like Undercover Tourist, it probably makes sense to get the park hoppers up front.

Something to think about, but I still recommend the hoppers!

If you have UT tickets, I am not sure if there is a special discount for hoppers. If not, just use them once to bridge the price up to current value, then add the hoppers. I agree with waiting to buy...you may not end up using them.

Glad it worked out! Which rental company are you using? Do they have a location near Disney? We used Dollar and we were able to return the car by dtd.

I have no idea. It's the ONLY thing I asked DH to take care of and his procrastination drives me insane.

BUT, I checked out the sticky on the transportation board and gave him ALL kinds of ideas on rental return that's right there near DTD where we'll be for the 2 nights prior to our YC check in. We'll see if he accepts my help or makes his life more difficult. He'll choose the latter for sure because I'm NEVER right on anything!

Hi Everyone!
I would like to be added to the Be Our Guest List.
We are staying at BC from 5/26 - 6/2.
Celebrating a lot!
10th anniversary! DS/DD 6th/1st birthdays! DD's 1st trip!

This is our 1st time at BC and I'm really excited! :woohoo:

Hello! I have lurked for a long time but don't post very often.

Can you add us to the Be Our Guest list for Feb 2-8? Staying at YC CL SV, myself, DH, DS1 (7) and DS2 (20 months). The countdown is getting very small!

Hi,

Can you change my dates from 10/1-10/10 to 10/21-10/30? thanks!! We decided on later in the month.

And do we think any of the regular rooms will be refurbished by then? Not that it matters really. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter