2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a view of the fireworks from the Club Level at the Beach Club? Is there a balcony to walk outside there too?

We have a family of 5, I requested a daybed. We had a daybed at the Polynesian and it was a full size twin. Does the Beach Club have daybeds that are full size twins? Please let me know...Thanks!!!

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Ok...so I won a trip to Port St. Lucie to Mets spring training for 2 days includes hotel and airfare... now the Mets are NOT the team I cheer for, but I attend their short season affiliate minor league team games (Brooklyn Cyclones). I played a game all last season online and low and behold I WON!! So I will go to see a game with the Mets :rotfl2: then I said hmmm gonna be about half hour from Vero so I should go to Disney Vero Beach... sounds good to me since I've wanted go visit there anyway!! :thumbsup2

I've been checking out the Vero Beach thread, but felt like I could come here and ask if anyone has stayed at Vero and if so, can you tell me about it... should I get the ocean view room or garden view??? Also I remember Teena talking about a seafood restaurant.... what was the name of it Teena?? Any ideas anyone has for while I'm there please let me know! I'm not sure exactly when I'm going yet, I just sent in 2 sets of dates.. So I should know within the week when I'm going, but I know it's in March!

Ok thank you for listening and please send advice!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

~N

Guess who I just saw at the BC :)

cea7d045-225e-4002-84ec-8e1c95ba7e5f_zpsa879d5a1.jpg

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Does anyone know what percentage discount Beach Club got for last summer's discount? Mousesavers say the discounts were 5-30 percent but doesn't say what resorts got which. I just realized (how did I not know this?) that the delux resorts prices go down quite a bit late July and August. If I can get a discount too, I think I might be able to change my june POR reservation to early August Beach Club!!! Here's hoping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is August? I know it will be hot and humid, but is it manageable? How are the crowds the first couple weeks of August? I have always wanted to stay at BC, but I always find myself going for the cheaper option, but this might be a way to finally swing it!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone ever booked through the *** deals? The deal for late august is standard view. Is it possible to be upgraded from this upon check in? Has it every happened to anyone while booked through ***? The deal is awesome, but I would really prefer garden view. Some of the standard views I have seen in photos are ok and others are not so ok.

Have you seen the Beach Club Room View thread? Guests have posted their views from rooms in the various categories to give people a sampling of what is available. See the link in Post 108 on the next page.

I haven't used that deal, but some on here did last year and have booked it again this year. No idea whether you would be able to updgrade when you check in, but I don't see why not if there is a garden room available during the length of your stay. It doesn't hurt to ask!

Let us know if you do end up booking and I will add you to the Be Our Guest list. I do have you on there for June, but it sounds like your current reservation is for POR.

:goodvibes

We are staying at the Beach Club this coming June (June 23-30, unless the opening of Diagon Alley is in the middle of that, in which case we will switch our Universal nights with our WDW nights, and stay at BC June 21-27).

*snip*

I don't see anyone here mentioning that Beaches & Cream now takes ADRs!

*snip*

I hope it's okay to post a link to another site here, but this place just posted the most wonderful diagram of the Beach Club and Yacht Club hotel rooms (BCV coming soon). It shows all the rooms (by floor) and the view from those rooms. You can even see how each room is classified (do a search) to know what category each room is called!

Beach Club

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-beach-club-resort

Yacht Club

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-yacht-club-resort

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Someone did mention about the new Beaches & Cream ADR policy on the previous thread, but it bears repeating for those who may have missed the news. Reactions are mixed.

Thanks for posting those links. If I get a chance, I'll compare the info provided to the info from the View Threads link to see how well it matches up.

LESS THAN 10 DAYS until my trip.... Soooooo excited!!!! :cool1::banana::yay::woohoo:

That is exciting! Have a fantastic trip!

:hyper:

We're going too! We stayed one night at BC as a last minute addition a few years back when I got my dream job while visiting WDW. We are returning August 9-14, this time as DVC members. We have a studio booked at BCV. So excited! We have a cruise booked on the Dream following this visit, so it is shorter than I prefer.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Wow...new thread!

Dee, congrats on number 10,000, and thank you for all you do. You are a goddess of thread keeping, and I bow to you! :worship:

From the last thread, thank you YCFan and DisneyMomx7 for your kind words about Henry.

Dee, could you update (at your leisure of course!) our plans? We are BC, 8/15-17....YC-CL, 8/17-23...GF, 8/23-8/25

Teena....only 7 months until we're reunited!

I don't know if I can be any more leisurely :blush:

You have mentioned this change to me a couple of times and I have written down and I don't know why I haven't made the change.

I'm on it! (I hope)

Is there a view of the fireworks from the Club Level at the Beach Club? Is there a balcony to walk outside there too?

We have a family of 5, I requested a daybed. We had a daybed at the Polynesian and it was a full size twin. Does the Beach Club have daybeds that are full size twins? Please let me know...Thanks!!!

The answers are -

No, you can't see fireworks from the balcony. The current view is nothing to write home about (I'll post a picture in a minute), but I don't know if that will change when the lounge is expanded. I doubt it though.

Yes, there is a balcony, but since it doesn't really have a great view, I don't think many people use it.

I'll post a picture of the daybed we had in June, and some info about daybeds from the FAQ section on Page 1 of this thread.

:offtopic:

Ok...so I won a trip to Port St. Lucie to Mets spring training for 2 days includes hotel and airfare... now the Mets are NOT the team I cheer for, but I attend their short season affiliate minor league team games (Brooklyn Cyclones). I played a game all last season online and low and behold I WON!! So I will go to see a game with the Mets :rotfl2: then I said hmmm gonna be about half hour from Vero so I should go to Disney Vero Beach... sounds good to me since I've wanted go visit there anyway!! :thumbsup2

I've been checking out the Vero Beach thread, but felt like I could come here and ask if anyone has stayed at Vero and if so, can you tell me about it... should I get the ocean view room or garden view??? Also I remember Teena talking about a seafood restaurant.... what was the name of it Teena?? Any ideas anyone has for while I'm there please let me know! I'm not sure exactly when I'm going yet, I just sent in 2 sets of dates.. So I should know within the week when I'm going, but I know it's in March!

~N

I haven't been, but I have read a few trip reports with lots of info from stays at Vero Beach by eandesmom and glennbo. If you would like me to post the links to their reports, let me know.

:)

Guess who I just saw at the BC :)

cea7d045-225e-4002-84ec-8e1c95ba7e5f_zpsa879d5a1.jpg

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Lucky you and Lucky Teena! Hope you had a nice visit!

Thank you very much for your response! We had reservations for Polynesian club level but with all the renovations going on there we changed to club level at the Beach Club.

I'm disappointed to hear you can't see the fireworks from there. It was so magical watching the fireworks from the Polynesian club level everynight!

I hope we can have a daybed. I'd love to see your pictures!! :)

Thank you very much for your response! We had reservations for Polynesian club level but with all the renovations going on there we changed to club level at the Beach Club.

I'm disappointed to hear you can't see the fireworks from there. It was so magical watching the fireworks from the Polynesian club level everynight!

View from Beach Club Level Lounge

Although you can't see fireworks from the lounge, there are a few areas around the resort where you can see them.

From the Other Useful Info Post on Page 1:

Can you see any of the Illuminations fireworks from places around the resort?

There are a few places where you can view some of the high fireworks from EPCOT's Illuminations show. Many people recommend watching the fireworks from the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk resort areas. You can also see some of the high fireworks from the Beach Club beach or from the Stormalong Bay pool. Another suggestion (EagleScout) is to view the fireworks from the bridge connecting the YC and Swan resorts.

From bridge between Beach Club and Boardwalk (photo by pixarmom), from the beach (photo by creativeamanda) and from Stormalong Bay (picture by natebenma):

IlluminationsfromBoardwalkBridge-1.jpg
fireworksfrombeach-1.jpg
IMG_1936-1.jpg

I hope we can have a daybed. I'd love to see your pictures!! :)

Here's all the info about daybeds from the FAQ post on Page 1. I have included the rollaway cot info too- they look to be full twin size.

Will my room have a daybed?

Some rooms at the Beach and Yacht Club have daybeds. You may request a room with a daybed, but it is not guaranteed. You may also request a rollaway cot to your room when you arrive. This is provided free of charge and is subject to availability.

There are two types of daybeds - one that fits a normal sized adult and the other that is best suited for a small teenager or a child. There is no way of knowing at the front desk which type of daybed is in what rooms. It's totally luck of the draw and the CM can't tell you which is in your room if you get a room with a daybed.

Daybeds

Some rooms have daybeds, which may be requested when you make your reservation, but are not guaranteed. Families of 5 (over the age of 3) are given priority access to the rooms with a daybed.

You may also request a rollaway cot to your room when you arrive. This is provided free of charge and is subject to availability.

daybed-1.jpg
IMG_3300-1.jpg
daybedasbed3sgtgoofy-1.jpg

daybedpixarmomOct2012.jpg

0032-2-1.jpg
daybedascribcburke-1.jpg
cribinroom-1.jpg

Pittpantherfan, heatherbelle, sgtgoofy119, pixarmom, cburek and jcondrad have provided these pictures of daybeds and crib.

Here is a picture of the rollaway cot- These are provided upon request, free of charge, based on availability. Thanks for the photo, Feckless!

cot1Feckless.jpg

I know it doesn't help if you are booked at the Beach Club, but I believe the Boardwalk Concierge Lounge has a balcony from which you can view Illuminations. For the Beach Club, if you get a room on the Epcot side, facing the park (I think these are technically Garden Views) then you can see a lot of the fireworks from your room. We were in this area on the ground floor and saw most of the fireworks, and I imagine the view from higher floors is better.

I know it doesn't help if you are booked at the Beach Club, but I believe the Boardwalk Concierge Lounge has a balcony from which you can view Illuminations. For the Beach Club, if you get a room on the Epcot side, facing the park (I think these are technically Garden Views) then you can see a lot of the fireworks from your room. We were in this area on the ground floor and saw most of the fireworks, and I imagine the view from higher floors is better.

Yes and yes! We've stayed in what is now a garden view BC room (non-CL) facing Epcot and had what I thought was an amazing view of the high Illuminations fireworks from inside our room and out on our balcony. Music too! And the BWI club lounge balcony has a nice view of the high fireworks also. Our other outside-the-park viewing location is the bridge between BWI and BC - Dee just posted my photo of that location (which is not a great photo - it really is a better view than it looks in the picture!)

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

~N

No advice, just want to say woo hoo! congrats! :cheer2:

~N

We always get garden view because we had a "water" view once and it was over by the pool and the noise drove us nuts. The name of the restaurant in Vero we love is the Ocean Grill. We go nuts over the crab au gratin.

We always get garden view because we had a "water" view once and it was over by the pool and the noise drove us nuts. The name of the restaurant in Vero we love is the Ocean Grill. We go nuts over the crab au gratin.

Awesome! I remembered you talked about that restaurant... I'll be giving it a shot when I'm down there. Through my DVC website it says OceanView... I'll ask when I call if it's water or Ocean because I don't want a pool view!!

Thanks for the advice!!

~N

Thanks for the thread! BC and/or YC have been long-time dream locations of mine, and we'll be having our first stay there from 1/18 through 1/25. Very very excited.

Hi all, love love this thread!! We will be checking into the YC 2/7 and staying thru the 12th. Yahoo, cant wait!!

Absolutely the best time in the summer!! However, get out of there before around the 8th of September when the love bugs show up!!!!!! Doing parks isn't bad but being at a pool (unless you are in the water the entire time) is not doable during the heavy part of love bug season.
Well then, it's a good thing I'm leaving Sept 3 on my summer trip!! I've heard of these bugs! But never seen them. Are they any relation to Buzzy? Cousins maybe :laughing:

~N

:yay: congrats! Can you add days? Oh the possibilities!!

Question. My DH is driving me bananas with his procrastination. We are flying into MCO on Sunday and renting a car, staying off site for 2 nights while visiting friends. On Tuesday, we are going to AK for breakfast and about 1/2 day of fun. My plan is to have DH drop DD and I off at the YC to get checked in (staying CL if that matters) and he is going to go back to MCO to return the rental car. My question is. Can he take ME back to the YC? I have requested twice, but we have yet to receive our updated ME tags, which we need for our return trip home, but I do still have our original ME tags from when we were supposed to go in December, but had to reschedule (it's the same flight numbers, just different dates).

Any advice on the best way to do this? I'm going to call today and I'm hoping they will just input the updated flight info, again, and tell me that DH can just use his voucher dated 11/30 to show to the CMs at the counter and be able to hop on a bus. That seems easiest at this point. He'll have no luggage, just needs to hitch a ride :)

Thanks for the thread! BC and/or YC have been long-time dream locations of mine, and we'll be having our first stay there from 1/18 through 1/25. Very very excited.

I'll add you and Susiecat to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any last minute questions about the resort.

:cool1:

Hi all, love love this thread!! We will be checking into the YC 2/7 and staying thru the 12th. Yahoo, cant wait!!

I didn't have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I have added you.

:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter