2014 anybody?

It will go quicker than you think! I started my counter 8 months out - now look at it!

You're right :)

I'm actually coping much better with the wait this year than I did last year. I think it's partly because I have a kiwi road trip to look forward to next month, partly because I'm enjoying my job more this year, and partly because I still have so much left to book and I need time and money to do that.
I think if it was at the one month stage with all I had left to pay, I'd be having a mighty panic right now. :rotfl:

I was also lucky that I had other things to take my mind off the trip for a while, such as the move back to Sydney from Perth over Dec/Jan.

I'm wondering whether I should book Fantasmic! Dessert seating for our 2nd night of our trip. My DD and I have done it before but my DH and his DD have not. I have until tomorrow morning to decide - should I just book it???

I did it. I cancelled my booking for a premium view concierge room at PPH booked direct through to Disney and re-booked a premium view ( non concierge) room through Orbitz using their 15% off code. Saved myself over $1000. I only really wanted the view, not so much the concierge. I'm now back on budget and happy!

And a lot of beer for my DH LOL. We might end up seeing a 2nd show in Vegas now! Decided against booking Fantasmic! dessert package.

I did it. I cancelled my booking for a premium view concierge room at PPH booked direct through to Disney and re-booked a premium view ( non concierge) room through Orbitz using their 15% off code. Saved myself over $1000. I only really wanted the view, not so much the concierge. I'm now back on budget and happy!

Congrats heidspidi it's great to save that much money I was just reading this thread on the budget board where they are saying you need to book without your kids and then call orbitz and add them because Disney does not charge for kids orbitz does, not sure how much extra you woul save, it might be worth pricing it out though.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3245641&page=4

Thats a wonderful saving.

Thanks wamumof4, I will look into that. I was given the option of putting in the girls ages when booking on Orbitz, but would rather check in advance.

I have been an advocate for TID previously as I have had to claim 3 times over the last 5-6 years without any problems.

I've used Travel Insurance Direct (TID) a few times over the last few years.

I recently had to make my first ever travel insurance claim. It was only a small one of about $480 when DH had to delay his departure due to illness, and TID paid out in full without any hassles. I'd taken out the $0 excess option, which was about $25, and it was well worth it. (I think it was about $100 excess otherwise).

I held off buying insurance for our upcoming trip until I saw how TID handled my claim, so feel confident using them again now. Hopefully we won't have to make any claims again this time though.

The premiums charged by places such as Qantas, RACQ, Flight Centre etc are outrageous compared to a lot of the online companies. I think a large part of the price might be their commission? TID covered much more than their more expensive counterparts for a much lower premium.

That really is a great saving.

I must admit, you have me thinking. A premium view room at PPH could work out quite well for my upcoming stay. Especially since we will most likely be spending 2 of our 3 evenings in our room.

I've used Travel Insurance Direct (TID) a few times over the last few years.

I recently had to make my first ever travel insurance claim. It was only a small one of about $480 when DH had to delay his departure due to illness, and TID paid out in full without any hassles. I'd taken out the $0 excess option, which was about $25, and it was well worth it. (I think it was about $100 excess otherwise).

I held off buying insurance for our upcoming trip until I saw how TID handled my claim, so feel confident using them again now. Hopefully we won't have to make any claims again this time though.

The premiums charged by places such as Qantas, RACQ, Flight Centre etc are outrageous compared to a lot of the online companies. I think a large part of the price might be their commission? TID covered much more than their more expensive counterparts for a much lower premium.
I certainly haven't had any issues with them either. I have to say when I was offloaded from a plane in London, immigration took my passport, I had no British pounds as I was on my way from Rome back home. I called them, they organised a hotel, taxi from the hospital without any hassles, they called me a couple of times to see how I was. They actually authorised for me to fly business class home( so I could elevate my foot) unfortunately I couldn't get a business seat for 48hours and I wanted to get home for my sons year 12 graduation, so I flew economy, they arranged for me to be in a bulkhead so I could keep my foot up. They really went beyond what was required which is why I have always recommended them. You do however( like all travel insurance)need to read the fine print, most complaints are because they didn't read the fine print!

I just booked my flights this morning!!!

We will be flying out on Monday 24 November, spending that week in NYC, the flying to LA on Monday 1 December, staying in Santa Monica, then doing Disneyland from Saturday 6 until Saturday 13 December! Flying United on their new service - $5000 all up for 3 adults :D

I just booked my flights this morning!!! We will be flying out on Monday 24 November, spending that week in NYC, the flying to LA on Monday 1 December, staying in Santa Monica, then doing Disneyland from Saturday 6 until Saturday 13 December! Flying United on their new service - $5000 all up for 3 adults :D

What a great price for flights all the way to NYC. Congrats on booking.

I just booked my flights this morning!!!

We will be flying out on Monday 24 November, spending that week in NYC, the flying to LA on Monday 1 December, staying in Santa Monica, then doing Disneyland from Saturday 6 until Saturday 13 December! Flying United on their new service - $5000 all up for 3 adults :D

Congrats! I'll be interested to hear what the United flights are like.

How exciting elphaba91! Next time I want to go to New York!

Bought some more US dollars from Aust Post today. Ordered online, pick-up hopefully on Saturday (can't get there beforehand so that was the easiest way to 'shop'). Have also paid for our Grand Canyon tour in the last few days and also arranged a late checkout with the sheraton Universal for our last night/day, so we can leave our bags behind and enjoy our last day at Warner Bros studios and checking out the Walk of Fame etc, before showering and heading to the airport.

I can't believe how quickly this trip is coming up! 25 days to go! Plenty of other things happening in-between, aside from work, my DD11 has qualified for the State HS swimming carnival, a 3 day meet that's on 6th - 8th April at Homebush. (Please excuse my Mummy bragging, but she works so hard!). Fun stuff ahead!

I can't believe how quickly this trip is coming up! 25 days to go! Plenty of other things happening in-between, aside from work, my DD11 has qualified for the State HS swimming carnival, a 3 day meet that's on 6th - 8th April at Homebush. (Please excuse my Mummy bragging, but she works so hard!). Fun stuff ahead!

25 days! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

And good on your DD :cheer2:

How exciting elphaba91! Next time I want to go to New York!

Bought some more US dollars from Aust Post today. Ordered online, pick-up hopefully on Saturday (can't get there beforehand so that was the easiest way to 'shop'). Have also paid for our Grand Canyon tour in the last few days and also arranged a late checkout with the sheraton Universal for our last night/day, so we can leave our bags behind and enjoy our last day at Warner Bros studios and checking out the Walk of Fame etc, before showering and heading to the airport.

We'll done to DD,I'm also a mummy bragger, it's so good when there hard work pays off.:thumbsup2
We have a trip to Canberra this weekend, DH has a meeting down there and as it is our wedding anniversary he asked if I wanted to come, considering I haven't been since I was at school, I thought it would be fun, got tickets to see the lost incas of Peru at the national gallery( I'm a bit of an ancient history nerd, so can't wait) but the good thing is when I get back I will only have 2.5 weeks to go:yay:

Thanks guys :-) Have a great time in Canberra, gogo. I'll have to head down there myself sometime soon, haven't been since we left for Perth 2 years ago. Now we're only 2 1/4 hours' drive away, it's practically a day trip!

I've never been to Canberra - definitely something I have to do something about :thumbsup2

Have a great weekend away Gogo :goodvibes

Thanks guys, I'm sure we will have a nice time. Zanzibar it's been so long since I was in school, I can't even remember anything about Canberra it may as we'll be my first time:thumbsup2
I feel a bit guilty having three days away when we go overseas in a few weeks, I'm sure I'll get over it:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter