(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to all of your thoughful comments. I've started downloading pictures, but not sure of the appropriate thread to post them. In the mean time, I hope one shameless picture on here is acceptable:

7D57Q8m.jpg
Absolutely precious...melts my heart! Treasure every moment! My older DD will be turning 17 in a few weeks, and she was about the age of your older one when we started going to Disney...the time has flown by, but I'm so happy to have all the memories!

The suites are currently being renovated from what I understand. ..these are the last rooms to be redone. ..so hopefully there will be new pics soon...

Thete are a few room in Boca Chica also that are behind the pool house...Im not sure of the room numbers...but if you are in the courtyard looming towards BC they are on the extreme right... Touring Plans web site has a great room view finder..you might want to check that out..

Loveshak. .Your new plans sound perfect..I understand your rationale too...Glad you have finally been able to get it all in place!!

~Wow lots of big news yesterday on all of the new additions that are planned for many of the Disney parks!!! Sounds very promising!! Especially for DHS...

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are have a wonderful weekend...:earsgirl: preppy GF gal who is happy to have more reasons to plan future WDW trips!!!

Thanks!

We really enjoyed Sago Key in December. We stayed on both sides, Disney had to move us bc of a broken tub. Our first room was on the marina side and we had a nice view of the boAts and we could even see space mountain from the balcony. Our second room was on the other side and we had a really pretty view of the lake and monorail, which my daughter loved.

I've requested Conch Key upper floor full balcony unobstructed view on the marina side for our October trip.

Touring plans has a great room view finder map!

Can I ask, since you requested full balcony, does that mean not all rooms have full balconies? I didn't request anything to do with a balcony, but I will have that added to our request if need be (I really do not want a Juliet balcony like at the BC, but I didn't think GF had anything other than full balconies).

Can I ask, since you requested full balcony, does that mean not all rooms have full balconies? I didn't request anything to do with a balcony, but I will have that added to our request if need be (I really do not want a Juliet balcony like at the BC, but I didn't think GF had anything other than full balconies).

Hi! All the rooms have true balconies. The rooms on the top floors are called dormer rooms, and the balconies are smaller and we found you have to stand to really see well out of them. So we prefer a non dormer room with a regular balcony!

Good morning, GF peeps. :wave2: Nothing to add to the discussion; just a comment that for days now, I have not gotten an alert that there was any action on this thread! I didn't know where everyone was. :confused: Don't like to see our thread slipping into Page 2!
Carry on...

:wave:

@mickeynut1 - Thanks!! Here's to the time flying and me patiently waiting like this - :bounce: LOL!!

:jumping1:

Thank you to all of your thoughful comments. I've started downloading pictures, but not sure of the appropriate thread to post them. In the mean time, I hope one shameless picture on here is acceptable:

7D57Q8m.jpg

What a precious photo! princess:princess:

Wait, WHAT?!?!?!! k&a&c'smom is back???? :welcome::cloud9::sunny::lovestruc:groom::love::yay::jumping1::dancer::beach:party::dance3::wave2: We have missed you so!

:thumbsup2

Quick question - we made a last minute switch from BC to GF. We will be there from Aug 20-31. Needless to say I will have to do laundry at some point

I know BC recently switched from quarters to debit/credit card payment in their laundry rooms. Anyone know if GF has also switched?

Thanks!

Arrived at GF yesterday - DGD and her friend were sleeping in car and were completely surprised we were at Disney. They thought we were going to Kennedy Space Center. We had requested connecting rooms and upper floor at SL but received connecting rooms on first floor. So far loving everything -spent day at the pool, went to Narcoosees last night - watched electric parade and fireworks. Dinner fantastic as always. Thanks for all the help and tips on this forum.

Quick question - we made a last minute switch from BC to GF. We will be there from Aug 20-31. Needless to say I will have to do laundry at some point

I know BC recently switched from quarters to debit/credit card payment in their laundry rooms. Anyone know if GF has also switched?

Thanks!
Yes- we did laundry in May in Big Pine Key and it was debit/credit

Just popping in to say our surprise GF/Disney baby was born June 21st. Another boy! He will be making hist first "real" trip to Disney in less than 3 weeks. But as a family of 6 now we will be staying at POR, especially since this was an unplanned/unbudgeted trip. I guess I needed something to do during my pregnancy because once free dining came out I convinced DH to let us go back!

Yay! Welcome home!

:wave: Thanks for the welcome home!! :hug:

Hey you!!! :hug: Happy to see you back!! :goodvibes
I bet we'll be in sync at posting at the same time again before we know it...lol...

LOL!

She returns!!! Welcome back! Hugs all 'round. :grouphug:

Aww, thanks. :grouphug:

Welcome back k&a&c'smom! Good to see you.

Thanks, good to "see" you, too, I've missed everyone. :goodvibes:

Wait, WHAT?!?!?!! k&a&c'smom is back???? :welcome::cloud9::sunny::lovestruc:groom::love::yay::jumping1::dancer::beach:party::dance3::wave2: We have missed you so!

Aww, thanks for the welcome back. :hug: I have missed everyone here, too. Oh, and I owe you a PM.

Hey there....it's great to "see" you back! No apology needed for being away as we all understand that life sometimes gets in the way. Hope you are able to come back more often as you are missed around here :hug:.

Thanks, I hope I can get back in the groove. Boy, everything feels odd - I'm having to learn to multi-quote all over again.:tilt: I feel like a complete newbie!

Just popping in to say our surprise GF/Disney baby was born June 21st. Another boy! He will be making hist first "real" trip to Disney in less than 3 weeks. But as a family of 6 now we will be staying at POR, especially since this was an unplanned/unbudgeted trip. I guess I needed something to do during my pregnancy because once free dining came out I convinced DH to let us go back!

How wonderful, congratulations on your new baby boy. :cutie: YAY for the upcoming trip. :dance3:

Arrived at GF yesterday - DGD and her friend were sleeping in car and were completely surprised we were at Disney. They thought we were going to Kennedy Space Center. We had requested connecting rooms and upper floor at SL but received connecting rooms on first floor. So far loving everything -spent day at the pool, went to Narcoosees last night - watched electric parade and fireworks. Dinner fantastic as always. Thanks for all the help and tips on this forum.

Sorry about not getting a high floor, but glad you got connecting rooms. Glad everything is going well, sounds like you are having a great time already! :wizard:

Congratulations on your new baby boy :goodvibes. Have a great time at POR, I'm sure the trip will be filled with a lot of great memories :wizard:.

Thanks, I hope I can get back in the groove. Boy, everything feels odd - I'm having to learn to multi-quote all over again.:tilt: I feel like a complete newbie!

Take you're time, it sometimes takes a little time to get back in the groove :).

Don't feel bad about multi-quoting, I had the same problem with this new format as it took me a couple of weeks to get it down :laughing:.

Sounds like a great surprise to wake up to! Have a great trip and we can't wait to hear how the rest of the trip goes!!

4 days till we arrive at Poly. The day after arrival Gaspys closes :-( so guess where we're having dinner arrival day ::yes:: Still don't understand what's to refurbish?

Sorry you have to deal with the closure! Let us know if you hear any rumors about the refurb...maybe it was something structural like wiring/pipes they wanted to update if it didn't need a cosmetic makeover. Just taking a wild guess haha! Have a great trip!!!

Hi! We'll be arriving at the Grand on Sunday. We were a bit disappointed about Gaspys refurb, but just a bit... who can be disappointed at the Grand?!!!
I'm just starting to pack, and I need someone to help jog my memory. Which H2O Spa products (love, love, love them) are provided in the room? We are in an outer building, not concierge, in case that makes a difference. Thanks!!!
PS- I just LOVE this forum. (Just wish I had more time to contribute.) I will post any super cool pictures of the Grand that my DD takes.

69 days until we check in to AoA for our one night Little Mermaid room adventure and 70 days until we are back at the Grand Floridian for seven nights!!!!!! My 4 year old keeps asking when we will go back to the Grand Floridian and she wants to see the gingerbread house. I keep explaining to her that we are not going at Christmas this trip but Halloween!

The best news is that my mom is coming with us for her first trip since 2000! She's going to stay at the GF for 4 nights and WL for 4 nights since the GF was booked for the tail end of our trip. I'm so excited! Grammy is coming to Disney!!!! :love::flower1::jumping1:

How wonderful!! Nothing like a multi generational trip! Know that you will be making some very grand memories! :goodvibes

I just booked GF Garden view for the first week of December. Could the group kindly suggest their recommendations for which building, etch to request. Thanks so much!

I know that everyone has their favorites for different reason.. Tom like the serenity of Sago Cay..MickeyNut is a fan of Big Pine for is proximity to both pools and the main building....my recommendation would be Boca Chica..for its proximity to the courtyard pool..the boat dock and the lovely views out across the courtyard area and of the main building :lovestruc...HTH...You really cant go wrong they are all wonderful options!

We're having such a great time so far, I don't know where to begin. My girls have been smiling ear to ear since we arrived. That's all I need to see to enjoy myself. But, thus far, we've been truly blessed every moment of the way.

They say a picture speaks a thousand words. If that's true, then I have a lifetime of stories to tell. I'll have to post a few of them when I get a chance. Thank you for asking.

That pic of your DDs was soooo adorable!! :cutie: Thanks for sharing it! And also for taking the time to pop in and let us know what a grand time that you are having!!! :thumbsup2

So glad to hear you are having a wonderful time. We will be there today. Can't wait!!:yay::yay:

:woohoo::woohoo: Hope that you are having a terrific trip!

Good morning, GF peeps. :wave2: Nothing to add to the discussion; just a comment that for days now, I have not gotten an alert that there was any action on this thread! I didn't know where everyone was. :confused: Don't like to see our thread slipping into Page 2!
Carry on...

Thanks for the page 2 rescue grannyminnie ...:thumbsup2

Thanks!

Hey DisneyMom ...Welcome to the GF thread! I know that you are usually a BC family...Hope that you enjoy your GF stay just as much! :goodvibes

What a fabulous surprise!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Sounds likea great first day too...pool time and Narcoosees too! Sorry that you didn't get your exact requests...but good that you did get your connecting rooms...FWIW..I much prefer ground floor rooms in SL to the upper floors..its so nice to be close to the lounge and the pool....enjoy!

Congrats on you new baby boy!! :earsboy: and on your upcoming trip too...:goodvibes

4 days till we arrive at Poly. The day after arrival Gaspys closes :-( so guess where we're having dinner arrival day ::yes:: Still don't understand what's to refurbish?

Almost time Sue!! :cheer2: :cheer2: .. Glad that you will still have time to get a Gaspy's meal in before it closes for rehab...:thumbsup2

k&a&c'smom Even though these new boards are a bit daunting at first..most things seem easier over all to me....and since I am seriously challenged that is saying A LOT! lol...So are you posting about now...????????????????;)

MickeyNut I have a feeling the you are going to have a collection of those new Disney Haviana flip flops! ::yes:: :confused3 lol....

~ Looks like there will be a new offering at MNSSHP....a premium dessert package with a reserved viewing to the Boo to You parade and desserts and HalloWishes viewing at the Tomorrowland Terrace with very cool sounding Halloween themed desserts! :thumbsup2 I think we might "need" to do this....lol....:wizard: ....

Hope That all of my fellow GF fans are having a terrific Tuesday....:earsgirl:... MNSSHP loving GF gal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter