(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had to replace my Donald Duck avatar with this one -- Dolphins in Depth -- this trip we are doing the Wild Africa Trek. While we are getting pounded with heavy snow and sleet, I just got a text that made my day. "Just think, in less than 48 hours we will be having breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe - they better have a lot of french toast."

Blue, I hope you are enjoying your time, Maxie too!

Tom

So I had to replace my Donald Duck avatar with this one -- Dolphins in Depth -- this trip we are doing the Wild Africa Trek. While we are getting pounded with heavy snow and sleet, I just got a text that made my day. "Just think, in less than 48 hours we will be having breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe - they better have a lot of french toast."

Blue, I hope you are enjoying your time, Maxie too!

Tom

Have big fun all!!!!

I leave next month. It's a short trip, and could very well be my last (at least until there are grand kids, and I think that's a ways off). It just so happened we all have the same spring break, so we're doing a girl's trip. And to celebrate the oldest's graduation from college in May, I booked the GF. We arrive kind of late, so I think the first night we just get to mess around the resort and then go over to the Poly for dinner at Ohana. 9:30 res; should be able to see Wishes from there. Seriously, I need to know everything. What should be "see" at the GF that first evening? Keep in mind our motto is "Sleep is for the Weak."

I'm checking in about 9 hours from now, and after yet another 14" of snow, it can't go by fast enough. I rememebed that I need to check to see if either of the pool bars offer gluten free alternatives, does anyone else want me to check on anything for an update?

I love seeing no days left until our next vacation in my signature!

Tom

Tom
You are so lucky to be going to the Grand now. We have so much snow and getting more Thursday and again on Sunday.
Have fun!!
Candy

Hello All...Gee wiz...go on vacation and come back to a new and..confusing forum...lol..I do not do well with change...where are the smilies...and my avatar....???? lol....

Had another wonderful visit to WDW..and an absolutely Grand stay at the GF...

Tom Hope that you got out ok....had a fab visit with our good friend and fellow 38 year old Maxie Love your new avatar...I will get a new one if I can ever figure out how to get one...lol..

Congrats to all who have bookd trips...The GF is such a special place t get to stay...

Be back tomorrow with some feed back about our trip....

Off to try and figure out some stuff here...Wish me luck....:flower3: confused GF gal...who actually did find the smilies...!!!

This is such an informative great thread. We are currently booked at the yacht club for last week of April but I'm considering moving to the grand. My husband is a big epcot guy but we always stay at yacht and beach club. I stayed at the grand back in 2009 and I loved it now it's about convincing the hubs

Hello All...Gee wiz...go on vacation and come back to a new and..confusing forum...lol..I do not do well with change...where are the smilies...and my avatar....???? lol....

Had another wonderful visit to WDW..and an absolutely Grand stay at the GF...

Tom Hope that you got out ok....had a fab visit with our good friend and fellow 38 year old Maxie Love your new avatar...I will get a new one if I can ever figure out how to get one...lol..

Congrats to all who have bookd trips...The GF is such a special place t get to stay...

Be back tomorrow with some feed back about our trip....

Off to try and figure out some stuff here...Wish me luck....:flower3: confused GF gal...who actually did find the smilies...!!!
Hey Blue! Glad to see you back and know you had a ball!!
I am not liking the changes to the Dis! As I said earlier, I don't do well with (some) changes either. And forget finding an avatar! Or the smilies....

Good Afternoon :wave2:
Sorry I've been MIA, no reason for not posting except laziness.....Still no trip planned, I didn't even win one from the Flip Side contest

Blue, welcome back to the snirt, snit and general yuckiness of the north east:scared::worried::upsidedow:sad:........:thanks: for the pics you sent, loved this one :moped:, well the 2 of them

Maxie, hope you're having a fab time.......:thanks: for the pics

Grannyminnie, I'm with you, not liking the new layout:sad2: Oh the smilies are kind of easy to find..Right above the box where you type your message is a bunch of boxes #1 is the box to bold, italicize or underline...#2 is where you can make your words different colors( click the underlined A to do that) ........#3 is for links, I think...........Anyway in box #6 there is a pic of a smilie face,pic of a mountain, film..Click the smilie face and they will pop up for you! Hope that helps and I didn't explore how to change my avatar because mine didn't go anywhere.

:welcome: & congrats to all those who have their first trip/stay at the Grand and :welcome: home to everyone that has returned from the Grand

:eeyore:

Good Afternoon :wave2:
Sorry I've been MIA, no reason for not posting except laziness.....Still no trip planned, I didn't even win one from the Flip Side contest

Blue, welcome back to the snirt, snit and general yuckiness of the north east:scared::worried::upsidedow:sad:........:thanks: for the pics you sent, loved this one :moped:, well the 2 of them

Maxie, hope you're having a fab time.......:thanks: for the pics

Grannyminnie, I'm with you, not liking the new layout:sad2: Oh the smilies are kind of easy to find..Right above the box where you type your message is a bunch of boxes #1 is the box to bold, italicize or underline...#2 is where you can make your words different colors( click the underlined A to do that) ........#3 is for links, I think...........Anyway in box #6 there is a pic of a smilie face,pic of a mountain, film..Click the smilie face and they will pop up for you! Hope that helps and I didn't explore how to change my avatar because mine didn't go anywhere.

:welcome: & congrats to all those who have their first trip/stay at the Grand and :welcome: home to everyone that has returned from the Grand

:eeyore:
Thanks for the instructions, ahcupcake. :wave2: I'll do better when I put my mind to it! :thumbsup2
I sure hope you can get a trip planned one day really soon! And I'm sure you know they are still probably alerting Flip side sweepstakes winners. There's still hope for us! :wizard:

:laundy::wave: Hi all! Blue sounds like we may have been in WDW the same time? We just got back Saturday (just as weather was warming up again :rolleyes:). We stayed at POR this trip. We did wander around GF one day, had to bring home for my daughter the Basin shampoo bar! Then went over to Poly to scope out room location for August visit!

Trying to get back on Pacific time, unpacking now & laundry!

Getting used to new format, and starting to like it. Great new features like the go to first unread post, and very easy to post pics now, even I can do it, yay!!

I lost my Avatar too and couldn't figure out how to get premade Avatars so uploaded an Epcot pic I just took this trip with my iPhone. Love that blue sky!! Nothing but rain here!

My Husband and I switched to the Grand Floridian today from the yacht club. Looking forward to it we arrive April 27th!

Quick
question. In the outer buildings are there stairs to get up to your rooms. I hate elevators I requested a ground floor room but in case I do not get the request I just want the options to take the stairs.

Quick
question. In the outer buildings are there stairs to get up to your rooms. I hate elevators I requested a ground floor room but in case I do not get the request I just want the options to take the stairs.
I only stay in the villas and there are stairs you can use. I think if you explain why you need the first floor they would try to give you a first floor room.
Candy

Quick
Yes..all buildings have stairs at the end of each hallway. It is a Fire Code

So, the resort is sold out this weekend... I think I'm scared!

Thanks grannyminnie..It was lots of fun...:flower:

ahcupcake Glad that you liked the pics! Always happy to take my friends along...:thumbsup2

LMO429 Congrats on changing your resort to the GF! :goodvibes If you prefer ground floor definitely make that request ( its a preference of ours too when we are in an outer building)..we generally have always had our requests honored....:wizard:

Sue Wish I would have realized that we were in the world together...would love to have gotten to say :wave2:...Hope that you had a wonderful trip!

Tom Are you there yet?? Hope you arrived without any more delays and are having a grand trip!!

Well thanks to my DD I now have an avatar....Booked a BB for the fall...now if I can only figure out how to add a new ticker to my siggie...

Hope that everyone is having a terrific Thursday.... :confused: Confused GF gal who hopes to eventually figure out how to get a new ticker....lol....:earsgirl:

I'm checking in about 9 hours from now, and after yet another 14" of snow, it can't go by fast enough. I rememebed that I need to check to see if either of the pool bars offer gluten free alternatives, does anyone else want me to check on anything for an update?

I love seeing no days left until our next vacation in my signature!

Tom
Sorry I'm just seeing this Tom--my DH is gluten intolerant and we played it safe and he ordered from Gasparilla and brought his food over to the beach pool by the villas. GF Cafe, Narcoossees and Gasparilla all had great gluten free options! Hope you are having a fantastic stay! Oh we were at VGF two weeks ago.

Anyone at GF right now?? I want to know if they have the large 2oz sea marine shampoo in the room or do I need to bring my own

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter