(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What category room did you book? When we stay Garden View we request Sago and have always gotten a beautiful view of the marina. For Lagoon View we've gotten Big Pine Key and a view of the Poly two times, last February we had Lagoon View but got Pixie dusted and had full on theme park view, not lean around the corner theme park view, but open the drapes and Cindy's is right in front of you and contemporary and space mountain are to the right.

Tom
We're booked in a standard view, so I thought that Sago would be a good choice. I would love a marina view but I know better to expect it. I would love a lagoon view room but that would be a double dose of pixie dust for that upgrade. ;)

We LOVE the sounds of MK waking up each morning. Hearing the ferry boats horns and all of the hustle and bustle of the day just makes the morning even more special for us!

Tom
I'm really looking forward to the sounds from MK. We usually stay at the BC, so we hear the sounds from the World Showcase, including the Japanese drummer and sometimes the music from the British Revolution. :)

We're booked in a standard view, so I thought that Sago would be a good choice. I would love a marina view but I know better to expect it. I would love a lagoon view room but that would be a double dose of pixie dust for that upgrade. ;)

The marina view is considered standard view in Sago - so you should be able to get it no problem.

Tom

Hello everyone its been a while:wave2:, with school starting this have been busy!!! Forgot how I scheduled things and I am doing the juggling act. Kids are in college but I drive my youngest.

Anyway, WOO HOO:cheer2:!!! To everyone at or leaving soon to the Grand...Loving all the chatter!!

For the first time EVER were going to WDW twice this year...fingers crossed. First trip will be January 9th, but staying WL, we used to stay there years ago before trying the Grand. We love it, but I already planned going to the Grand first night for dinner. Trying to keep expenses down so DH stays ok with the second trip the last week of May for my anniversary, which will be at the Grand for sure:cool1:!!!

Does anyone know if the gingerbread house will still be up on 1/9? Hoping to see the tree at WL, the tree & gingerbread house at Grand and hopefully christmas lights on the castle.

Can't wait to hear more about everyone's trips!!!:goodvibes

Does anyone know if the gingerbread house will still be up on 1/9? Hoping to see the tree at WL, the tree & gingerbread house at Grand and hopefully christmas lights on the castle.
We stayed at the WL last January 9th to 13th and all the Christmas decorations had been taken down a few days before we arrived. But MK was still decorated for Christmas and the lights were still on the castle. We were very happy to see the Christmas lights. The castle was gorgeous. :)

We are finally here! We got to our room and I think we got the view everyone hates of the back of the pool house/bar lol. So not the building or view I requested (I used online check-in and called in my request for boca chica, pool view). So we are in Big Pine Key it's not terrible even though I know the back of the pool house isn't ideal, I didn't love it when I first came in but it's growing on me because the location is very close to the courtyard pool! I'm hoping maybe we can see fireworks or something from here or from somewhere near this building later on tonight.

Sorry these are so large you guys, I don't know how to resize them from my iPad or phone.

This is straight ahead from out balcony -

This is looking to the right -

This is to the left -

We stayed at the WL last January 9th to 13th and all the Christmas decorations had been taken down a few days before we arrived. But MK was still decorated for Christmas and the lights were still on the castle. We were very happy to see the Christmas lights. The castle was gorgeous. :)

Thanks so much!! I didn't think so, but I am happy to hear about the castle!!

BabyFu18 - I had a view very similar to that one once and it wasn't my first choice either. But it was very close to everything and in the end we actually requested Big Pine Key for a while. My new fav is Sago Kay. The best thing of all is your at the GRAND!!!! Have a magical vacation!!

So we are in Big Pine Key it's not terrible even though I know the back of the pool house isn't ideal, I didn't love it when I first came in but it's growing on me because the location is very close to the courtyard pool!
It doesn't look too bad, especially if you turn your chairs a little. :)

Last edited:
The dryer is humming with the last load of clothes, all the bags are out and we are PACKING! It's only about 2 hours for us, so after a last minute tidying up in the morning we'll be heading down to the Grand. I'm completely not excited about my birthday, but I am excited about staying in the GF :lovestruc

The dryer is humming with the last load of clothes, all the bags are out and we are PACKING! It's only about 2 hours for us, so after a last minute tidying up in the morning we'll be heading down to the Grand. I'm completely not excited about my birthday, but I am excited about staying in the GF :lovestruc

How exciting! I turned 50 in June right before our trip to the Grand, have to say so far not too bad!! Have a safe trip!

BabyFu18 - the sky looks beautiful! Looks like great weather!

It has been really nice weather for us today warm but breezy, cool enough you aren't drenched in sweat after a few minutes outside and no rain so far (knock on wood). I know there is a threat of tropical storms and bad weather and that could be the reason for the milder feeling weather but so far it's been really nice.

We were at BWI on the 2nd and 3rd and as we were leaving they said that was the last day for the Ginergerbread House. I think all the resorts take things down about then but the park leaves theirs up till after the marathon

I got most of my bag packed tonight. Just have to toss in some makeup tomorrow night. We leave at 0'dark thrity on Saturday morning, flight out at 6:30. Thankgoodness for small town airports and only having to get to the airport about 30 min before boarding.

We are finally here! We got to our room and I think we got the view everyone hates of the back of the pool house/bar lol. So not the building or view I requested (I used online check-in and called in my request for boca chica, pool view). So we are in Big Pine Key it's not terrible even though I know the back of the pool house isn't ideal, I didn't love it when I first came in but it's growing on me because the location is very close to the courtyard pool! I'm hoping maybe we can see fireworks or something from here or from somewhere near this building later on tonight.

Sorry these are so large you guys, I don't know how to resize them from my iPad or phone

Save me a seat at the pool we're coming in tomorrow afternoon:dancer:

Very exciting! Have a safe trip down! We are renting a cabana tomorrow for the first time so it's a pool day for us so hopefully the weather will be nice!

Just so you know, weather is very cloudy at the moment. For the past few days there has been strong winds in the afternoon and today was mostly shaded (though the sun did make it through sometimes).

We have a polar patio cabana reservation for tomorrow and we're still thinking about keeping it or not.

20160826_164549.jpg This is our 2nd stay at the GF, our first being on our honeymoon almost 24 years ago, so it's been quite awhile. We checked in on Tues., Aug. 23rd. Did online check-in, requested Conch Key, Upper Floor. We had booked Garden View & these are the views from our balcony - Conch Key 4th Floor. Our room is also close to the elevator and very quiet so far :)

Last edited:
Here is another view looking to the right. I am absolutely thrilled with these room views as I didn't expect to have even a chance of a view of the castle!! The castle actually looks closer than it appears in my photo. We can also see Wishes from the balcony :) Conch Key - 4th Floor
20160826_155254.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter