• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from another wonderful stay at the GF. I love this place. Front desk CM helped us get a perfect room. I love returning to this relaxing place after a full, busy day in the parks. My daughters enjoyed a massage at the spa while we had tea and listened to the piano and a wonderful singer in the lobby.

Just back from another wonderful stay at the GF. I love this place. Front desk CM helped us get a perfect room. I love returning to this relaxing place after a full, busy day in the parks. My daughters enjoyed a massage at the spa while we had tea and listened to the piano and a wonderful singer in the lobby.

The GF is a great place to relax after a day in the parks :cloud9:. Glad you had another great stay!

I just wanted to say thanks again for the earplanes recommendation! I saw them at Walgreen's yesterday -they only had that one brand. I am still trying to figure out why DD's pediatrician didn't know about them since a few other people on this thread knew about them too! I feel like DD11 has been suffering needlessly for years:(

Surprised they did not suggest something. When I was young and we would fly the flight attendant would bring two coffee cups filled with very hot wet paper towels in each one. I placed them over my ears and while I looked really funny it did help. They stopped doing this many years ago and when I asked I was told they were too worried about a lawsuit from the hot towels.

http://www.racked.com/2015/7/23/9017847/disney-obsession

Funny Disney story from a blogger:

News from CL: I am told they are no longer/or soon placing the nuts with the cheese tray. Hopefully, that is correct; I know it was a huge concern for allergies.

I suffered for years from ear pain during flights until I discovered earplanes. They are wonderful and I have used them on every flight for the past 15-20 years.

I just changed my CL main bldg deluxe to outer bldg lagoon view. I'm really upset about it but at least I'm still at the GF. I had the main bldg booked since March hoping for the fall discount but could not get it even first thing in the morning. Can anyone tell me which bldg I should request? I would like to be close to the main bldg. we will be there the beginning of December so we will probably not be sitting at the pool.
Thanks everyone!!!

I just changed my CL main bldg deluxe to outer bldg lagoon view. I'm really upset about it but at least I'm still at the GF. I had the main bldg booked since March hoping for the fall discount but could not get it even first thing in the morning. Can anyone tell me which bldg I should request? I would like to be close to the main bldg. we will be there the beginning of December so we will probably not be sitting at the pool.
Thanks everyone!!!

I understand your pain NorthMinnie! I had to make the switch as well! I'm sure we'll still have an amazing time but I wish Disney would have extended discounts to the main building. Have fun planning your lagoon view!!

I understand your pain NorthMinnie! I had to make the switch as well! I'm sure we'll still have an amazing time but I wish Disney would have extended discounts to the main building. Have fun planning your lagoon view!!
"Catch 22" you reserve early hoping for a discount and then Disney looks and sees that they already have a high occupant rate on that room type, so there is no need to give a discount. It's happening more and more.

"Catch 22" you reserve early hoping for a discount and then Disney looks and sees that they already have a high occupant rate on that room type, so there is no need to give a discount. It's happening more and more.

Yup! Such a disappointment when it happens!!

Yes. I think that's definitely what's happening. Too many people are booking rooms hoping for a discount, and at the same time ensuring that there will be no discount. :(

The only rooms that I am aware of that have a king bed ( if I remember correctly???..lol) are rooms 6122, 6222,6322 and 6422....The 4th floor room is definitely a dormer room..meaning it has the cathedral ceiling..and the enclosed balcony.... Be aware tho that many of the puter building king rooms are HA also..which may mean no bath tub but rather a roll in shower....as Baler correctly stated the lodge tower rooms (which have had a few different designations over the years aka deluxe tower..and a few others...lol..) are rooms 6220 ( enclosed balcony due to the portico roof line), 6320 and also 6420 (no balcony) BTW..6122 is tucked right in the corner right next to the closed area where there is laundry/trash collection..and has a wall right in front of the balcony....:headache: so def not a good view! HTH...and didn't confuse you :confused::upsidedow .... I have a friend who has stayed in these rooms ..I will text her just to verify the info....

While different in lounge ambiance...we very much have enjoyed our stays in SL...its a great building..has terrific CL CMs...and couldn't be more centrally located on the property...Not to mention the great convenience of having the lounge located right in the lobby of the building...so easy to grab a beverage or a bite when coming and going...I know that you are going to have a grand trip!!! :cloud9:

I have no idea, other than I rarely trust Disney's website on anything. It is notoriously wrong and has outdated info. But, I have no personal experience with kings in SL. Just don't remember anyone mentioning having one before. I did look at 6122 after Blueskies posted the number and double checked and TP shows that as 2 queens. They could certainly be wrong.

Honestly, I would call IPO and ask them and find out it they are HA. I can tell you that I do not like the HA rooms for a family. May be different in your situation. Usually, one sink, enclosed bathrooms, others cannot be getting ready while someone is showering. Automatic door that stays open forever, for everyone walking by to see your room and to me a security risk if you don't wait for it to close when you leave. So, I would ask IPO and make a choice based on that.

Just wanted to follow-up and say that I ended up emailing IPO who responded that there are 6 king rooms in SL, none of which are HCA.

I had asked about where they were in relation to the lobby and I didn't get a specific answer but my room request modification said I wanted it 'not off the lobby' and they said my request was updated and they'd do their best to accommodate me.

So...now we wait until November 14th and see!

Although, I did go ahead and reserve a room at the Waldorf and the more I look at the options there the more I am swayed to make the change to that resort. Argh - if only Disney just did exactly what I wanted them to and give me a 20-30% discount on my main building king deluxe!!! Now all the decisions!

how do input in a room request for SL CL? Do I call, email or fax?Or do I just online check in.. We are about 50 days out.

First and foremost be sure to have your request noted on your room reservation..and then as a followup...I would be sure to call or email IPO with your request about 10 days before trip time! Hope that you get exactly what you request...:wizard:

:goodvibes Glad that you had a such a nice trip! I totally agree about the Grand having such a nice and relaxing vibe after a busy day in the parks! :thumbsup2 We always look forward to that....

Thanks everyone!!!

Sorry that things didn't work out exactly as planned for your trip...but...OB LV rooms are so very nice! :lovestruc I think that Boca Chica has some very nice rooms in that category....There are so many nice things to enjoy about the GF...the grounds...the music in the lobby each evening and the terrific shops and restaurants...you really don't need to be staying CL to enjoy all that the resort has to offer.... :goodvibes

You will!! :goodvibes But keep on trying if you have your heart set on stayin RPC...as SueM said..things open up all the time...We have snagged and changed rooms right before our trips a few times...:wizard:

Its the truth....what to do is the question...as I have said...I would just keep trying...rooms open up all the time and even more so at the 45 day and under mark...

follow Thanks for sharing yet another lovely photo....:goodvibes They always make me smile!

Speaking of photos Candy..where ya been....??? any trip to VGF coming up....?? grannyminnie Shouting out to you too...any new grand plans...Inquiring mind here as always....

Its kind of like old home week on the BWI thread with my fellow GF fans Trisha , Dispro ( liking all of your new tickers!!) & TinkerbelLiz over there....we might have to start a combo thread..lol..GF/BWI...I kid I kid...but its another great informative thread moderated by Kook....:thumbsup2

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a fab Friday!! :earsgirl: happy GF gal who got all of my fast passes booked :woohoo:..although I was surprised at very limited availability for 7DMT??? :upsidedow

grannyminnie Shouting out to you too...any new grand plans...Inquiring mind here as always....

I am actually checking the first of the new year, just in case we decide not to keep our late Nov./early Dec. trip (it's at the AKL). We are kind of thinking that since we will just have been to DL in mid-Sept., we may wait a little bit longer to go. Problem is, the TA whose agency I check for good discounts is not offering the Grand at that time. :sad2: It's either the WL or the Poly...not bad choices really, if we decide to move the trip! :rolleyes1 (is that you I hear, Mickeynut, encouraging me to book the Poly?? :laughing:)

Surprised they did not suggest something. When I was young and we would fly the flight attendant would bring two coffee cups filled with very hot wet paper towels in each one. I placed them over my ears and while I looked really funny it did help. They stopped doing this many years ago and when I asked I was told they were too worried about a lawsuit from the hot towels.

News from CL: I am told they are no longer/or soon placing the nuts with the cheese tray. Hopefully, that is correct; I know it was a huge concern for allergies.
Someone was telling me about holding cups over ears!!

Thanks everyone!!!
We enjoyed our lagoon room in Big Pine raving Poly. Boca Chica would be nice too!

I liked the blogger story:) I can't believe Duffy the Disney Bear is so popular in DL Tokyo! I remember buying a book about him when my girls were really young (we were at Disney) and I would read it every night while we were at Disney. When we came home, they pretty much lost interest. I have been seeing more Duffy merchandise at Disney recently. The blogger's description of Epcot being a very expensive around the world drinking game was a new one for me. Ironically, my DH was reading something online later (the same day you posted the link) and was laughing non-stop. When I asked him what he was reading, it was a story on a site called drunkdisney.com about drinking around the world at Epcot! I didn't even know this site existed!

Last edited:
I am actually checking the first of the new year, just in case we decide not to keep our late Nov./early Dec. trip (it's at the AKL). We are kind of thinking that since we will just have been to DL in mid-Sept., we may wait a little bit longer to go. Problem is, the TA whose agency I check for good discounts is not offering the Grand at that time. :sad2: It's either the WL or the Poly...not bad choices really, if we decide to move the trip! :rolleyes1 (is that you I hear, Mickeynut, encouraging me to book the Poly?? :laughing:)

I'm that little voice telling you to book the Poly :rotfl::rotfl:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter