2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know yet. With construction work, it is always tricky to predict an end date. Chances are decent they will be done by the end of August, so my advice is not to add the request for a refurbished room at this time. In August, once we have a better feel for how close the work is to completion, then you have plenty of time to decide if you are going to change your room requests to add that.

:thumbsup2

Thank you!

HI! We are going to stay at the Yacht club with FD in Oct and go to the Mickey Halloween party. I have 3 kiddos (12,9,&5). We were staying at POR, but we couldnt get the FD for our dates and opted for the upgraded room with FD for nearly the same cost. Was this a good move?

You will love the Deluxe resort...it will be hard to go back to a Mod once you have stayed at YC!

:) I'm excited! I really hope the kids love it. We have never been to DW & all of this planning is overwhelming! We did get all of our dinner reservations that we asked for...that helps. :) Be our guest, Cinderellas Royal Table, The Crystal Palace, Akershus, & Tusker House. Are those good?

:) I'm excited! I really hope the kids love it. We have never been to DW & all of this planning is overwhelming! We did get all of our dinner reservations that we asked for...that helps. :) Be our guest, Cinderellas Royal Table, The Crystal Palace, Akershus, & Tusker House. Are those good?

The BOG reservation is quite elusive - congrats on scoring that one! I've been there 3-4 times, and plan to go again when my Hubby and I are there in October celebrating our 40th. I can't say the food is the best in the world, but the atmosphere is worth the effort in getting a reservation. CRT, some love, others not so much...it's a Princess-Fest..,so if your kids are girls they will love it! (Just remember that the CRT is a 2-meal exchange on the dining plan).

You did good!

Thanks! Now I'm more excited :). Our TA said she wasn't able to find BOG during our dates, but I refreshed the page all throughout the day until an opening came up for an early lunch and grabbed it. Since it is only a Counter credit I can use two for CRT. We are going to BOG on our arrival day & to DTD. Day 2 - MK, Day3 - MK (Micky Halloween Party), Day 4 - HS, Day 5 - EP, Depart day - AK. We have two boys and a girl(9).

Elliemay2: You couldn't have a better change!! We love the BC/YC resorts. Perfect location, amazing CM's "The Pool", You will love staying there!!!

Anyone have any information about handicap accessible rooms at beach club? They've listed that on my reservation, even though I did not request it. When the discounts were released for September, the customer service rep helping me told me that she would remove me from that type of room. However, when I got the email confirmation, we're still listed as being in a handicap accessible room.

Elliemay2: You couldn't have a better change!! We love the BC/YC resorts. Perfect location, amazing CM's "The Pool", You will love staying there!!!
Thanks! :) I'm so glad! I was worried because I seen several sites that said it was more of an adult resort after I had already changed to it.

Thanks! :) I'm so glad! I was worried because I seen several sites that said it was more of an adult resort after I had already changed to it.
Well, the theming is not as "cute" as Art of Animation or the All Stars...but the Storm Along Bay pool complex is the best in all of WDW...it may feel a little "adult" when you first get there, but it's definitely kid friendly.

Well, the theming is not as "cute" as Art of Animation or the All Stars...but the Storm Along Bay pool complex is the best in all of WDW...it may feel a little "adult" when you first get there, but it's definitely kid friendly.
Thank you!!!! :)

Trust me, the kids run around over there just as much as other resorts. Mickey and the gang aren't in your face like at Value resorts, but it is def kid friendly. We enjoy watching the kids playing in the pool, eating ice cream, watching movies at night on the beach....your kids will really love it. Heck a quick walk around the lake and there is The Boardwalk to enjoy also!!!!

Our favorite part is after our afternoon swim, we clean up and stroll over to EPCOT for dinner or snacks/drinks while enjoying the World Showcase :lovestruc

I do have the May activities schedule, but I am about to head out, so I will post it either late tonight or early tomorrow.

:goodvibes:

HI! We are going to stay at the Yacht club with FD in Oct and go to the Mickey Halloween party. I have 3 kiddos (12,9,&5). We were staying at POR, but we couldnt get the FD for our dates and opted for the upgraded room with FD for nearly the same cost. Was this a good move?
An excellent move. You will love the pool. You are walking distance to Epcot snd a little further walk to Hollywood Studios. You can take a bus to Magic Kingdom or
walk thru Epcot for the monorail (as long as you have the park hopper).

Anyone have any information about handicap accessible rooms at beach club? They've listed that on my reservation, even though I did not request it. When the discounts were released for September, the customer service rep helping me told me that she would remove me from that type of room. However, when I got the email confirmation, we're still listed as being in a handicap accessible room.
The same thing happened to us for our upcoming trip in July. I asked the representative why it showed an accessible room when we did not request one. She said they were doing a computer system upgrade and she didn't know why it was listed as an accessible room. Not really an answer. So, we will see when we get there.

Greetings YC and BC friends!

New to the thread but I managed to read most of way through. We are 49 days out from our next WDW trip and 53 days away from checking into Beach Club for the first time, wooohoooo! :cool1:party:

Can you add us to the Be our Guest list, 23-28 Jun?

I am tring to figure out what room requests to make. I want to keep it simple, mostly cause all I really want is a full balcony but I also want to be far away from construction noise. With a late June stay, should I request floor 3 room or higher to try and avoid the worst construction noise? Thanks!

Gennie

YES! We did a split stay with a mod (not POR) last year and although it was nice, YC blew it out of the water. You will not be sorry you chose to stay there! Your kids will love the pool. And make sure to make some time to spend an evening on the Boardwalk.

We ate at all of those last trip except Akershus (which we're trying this year and I've heard nothing but good things). I don't know if I'd do CRT and Akershus in the same trip--I think the princesses are pretty much the same, but a lot of people do and if you have a princess lover (or more than one) it may be worth it. Crystal Palace and Tusker House were fantastic and we'd go back in a heartbeat. CRT was a good experience, it was really cool to eat in the castle and although I don't feel the need to do it again I'm glad we did it once.

[QUOTE="Ceryssa, post: 53571380, member: 468941" CRT was a good experience, it was really cool to eat in the castle and although I don't feel the need to do it again I'm glad we did it once.[/QUOTE]

Back when CRT was a single table service credit, we really enjoyed having lunch at there.It was something we did 3 trips in a row! Just to be eating in THE castle, was so cool! And the food was always great.
Now that it is 2 credits, we skip it. As great as it was, I just do not feel it is worth giving up two TS credits:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter