2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider the last room I had a "courtyard" view which was overlooking the back entrance to the YC. It was great and very close to the elevators which take you to the lobby quickly. The room was also just down the hall from one of the secret entrances that takes you out to the gazebo area where you are only steps away from the dock. Across the hall from this room would be a gazebo view. I also had a gazebo view room which was just a little further walk from the lobby but just as close to a secret entrance that we used most of the time which took us to the boat dock or we just kept going straight and we were on our way to Epcot. If you look at the map of the resort (page one of the thread) you can see the area I am talking about. I think either is just as nice but "gazebo view" would be what I have put on my requests. Just make sure you don't do on-line check in and when you are at the desk, be sure to find out where the room hey are putting you in is at (as well as which side of the hall which was my mistake the last time) and if it isn't what you want, ask if something would be opening up in the area you are interested in and tell them you don't mind waiting for it.

Katesdad

Great advice!! Thankyou again. I am making notes in my Disney binder with all these excellent tips.
I do actually prefer traditional check-in vs. online anyway. I feel like the checkin process is part of my overall Disney experience....
Maybe I'm a dork.

Greetings YC and BC friends!

New to the thread but I managed to read most of way through. We are 49 days out from our next WDW trip and 53 days away from checking into Beach Club for the first time, wooohoooo! :cool1:party:

Can you add us to the Be our Guest list, 23-28 Jun?

I am tring to figure out what room requests to make. I want to keep it simple, mostly cause all I really want is a full balcony but I also want to be far away from construction noise. With a late June stay, should I request floor 3 room or higher to try and avoid the worst construction noise? Thanks!

Gennie
Hey Gennie.
Personally I would request the 1 full balcony 2 away from construction. I would call and get them to add it in that order. Then about 5 days out call again to make sure the request are still on your reservation. When you arrive go to the check in desk (no express/straight to the room) and ask if it is near the construction. Good luck and hope it all works out for you.

Hey Gennie.
Personally I would request the 1 full balcony 2 away from construction. I would call and get them to add it in that order. Then about 5 days out call again to make sure the request are still on your reservation. When you arrive go to the check in desk (no express/straight to the room) and ask if it is near the construction. Good luck and hope it all works out for you.
Thanks! I was planning on doing on line check in since we have a split stay and BC is the second part of our trip. On our check in day, we have an early am pre-park opening ressie at CP so I had planned on checking out of POFQ, dropping our bags with bell services to be transferred to BC and heading to MK for the morning. Then, head to BC around midday to get our room. We are doing the dining plan so I was hoping that by doing online check in our DP credits would be active for our breakfast ressie.

:beach:Can't wait to sit poolside at stormalong bay fruity drink in hand! Making our countdown chain this weekend:mickeyjum

Gennie

Thinking about doing the buffet at the Captain's Grille one morning of our August trip. Does anyone know if it's necessary to make an ADR, or can we just walk up? I would love it if one of our days wasn't so scheduled ;)

Thinking about doing the buffet at the Captain's Grille one morning of our August trip. Does anyone know if it's necessary to make an ADR, or can we just walk up? I would love it if one of our days wasn't so scheduled ;)

Of course it's no guarantee, but I've heard that it's usually an easy walk-up.

~Cari~ pluto:

Thinking about doing the buffet at the Captain's Grille one morning of our August trip. Does anyone know if it's necessary to make an ADR, or can we just walk up? I would love it if one of our days wasn't so scheduled
Of course it's no guarantee, but I've heard that it's usually an easy walk-up. ~Cari~
No guarantees and it depends on the day of the week, whether there is a convention crowd in the YC, and the time of the morning, but on our last stay which was the week after Thanksgiving we were able to walk in the three mornings we ate there. We are early risers and were there at opening. Most people on the thread have had similar experiences about being able to walk in. Just a guess, but with your two teenagers (if they are coming with you) I'm going to guess you won't be getting out of the room at the crack of dawn so you may want to call ahead.
Katesdad

Last edited:
Can someone verify this for me- I was looking at the Disney website at a Deluxe studio in the villas- an the website said

Deluxe Studio
Views of Crescent Lake, Stormalong Bay, Disney's BoardWalk or Courtyard

1 Queen Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa

I thought that the villas were in the back of the Beach Club and there were no water views, (beside the canal) am I wrong? If this is true, do any of these rooms have balconies, or are they hit or miss like the rest of the resort? Where are these Studios located if they are not in the Villa section, are they scattered throughout the BC?

Trying to decide still, between BC and YC!!

:hyper2::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Can someone verify this for me- I was looking at the Disney website at a Deluxe studio in the villas- an the website said

Deluxe Studio
Views of Crescent Lake, Stormalong Bay, Disney's BoardWalk or Courtyard

1 Queen Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa

I thought that the villas were in the back of the Beach Club and there were no water views, (beside the canal) am I wrong? If this is true, do any of these rooms have balconies, or are they hit or miss like the rest of the resort? Where are these Studios located if they are not in the Villa section, are they scattered throughout the BC?

Trying to decide still, between BC and YC!!

:hyper2::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
It's wrong ... there are actually lots of mistakes on the Disney website. Last time I checked it says there are no crab legs at Cape May too. The Deluxe Studio views listed are for rooms at the BC, not the BCV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter