2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI- to avoid those awkward moments, the laundry room is the meeting place of choice with our fantasy crushes. The husbands never think to look for us there!!!

:laundy:

Awkward is when you walk in and see your husband in the laundry room chatting up Sofía Vergara and you are the only one holding a laundry basket ; )

I haven't been yet, but the bowling alley Splitsville in Downtown Disney has pool tables...or so I read.

@natebenma ...now I know where to go to meet the "DIS ladies" when I wear my Matthew McConaughey costume next trip. :)

Alright, alright, alriiight.....!

~NM

We're going to the BC for 12 nights from 31/8, I'm so excited. I've read all the info three times, but just have a couple of questions. Firstly, my dh & ds love a game of pool, I don't think the BC has one but is there one nearby?

In the latest DVC owners magazine, it mentions that "a billiard table has been added to The Drawing Room (at BCV) located at the entrance to the villa wing. The table is available free to guests 24 hours per day."

I can't confirm it since our stay isn't until late Fall. Please let us know if you find it!

Spent the last two days falling in love with the beach club resort! This thread has so much wonderful information and makes me feel so excited about changing our resort to this one for September!! I am so excited! Can't wait to bring my family there!! Now to examine the ADRs for the change of plans....

We took the bus back to DHS and walked to the Boardwalk, stopping at the Boardwalk Bakery for some carrot cake for DH and fruit tart for me. Both were delicious. Then we went swimming at the quiet pool. It is very close to our room, convenient, not crowded, and we really like to swim there. :)

I would just like to add that while my parents were enjoying their carrot cake and fruit tarts I was on a 12+ hour bus ride with 5th-11th graders going to a science fair in cleveland (from stl). There were MANY inner chants of "I'm doing this for Disney, I'm doing this for Disney" running through my head. :scared:

~Cari~ pluto:

page 252-255

So where is that new thread, anyway???:rolleyes1

The first post of the new FAQ is giving me trouble. I made some, ahem, "enhancements" to that post after the DIS changed servers and it messed up a lot of things there with links and formatting. The rest of the posts copied over fine, so even if we get shut down here, it won't be too hard for me to get the new one up and running. I am also waiting and hope to move over to the new thread on one of two milestones in the next couple of weeks, even better if the two milestones coincide.

:)

Just finished talking to the CL CMs about our upcoming resort stay. Parents are at YC CL while I'm at BC CL. My parents don't speak or understand English and they are letting me go with them to check in and show them around the lounge. They have been so accommodating so far, it's making me really excited to stay there for the first time! Just 29 days left! :goodvibes:goodvibes

So glad to hear that you are getting a positive response from the YC CL CMs. Must really help to ease your mind, and your parents about the upcoming stay.

:thumbsup2

BC room refurbishment update:
*snip*

Mini trip update while my husband has some work to do :crazy2:
*snip*

Just want to say thanks for the live updates!!! That's funny that you stopped hearing construction noise at 3:59 pm. So glad to hear the workers are sticking to the advertised schedule.

:goodvibes:

We're staying CL and just received our letter today lol

Thanks for letting me know. :thumbsup2

Hi all - We recently booked a long weekend at the BC in November. It's our first trip to Disney without the kids and will be there celebrating our 20 year wedding anniversary and my birthday. We're splurging on CL and the pictures I've seen of the refurbed rooms and new lounge look great! I'm enjoying reading this thread to get caught up on all the BC has to offer. It's been quite awhile since we've stayed in the Epcot resort area and we're so looking forward to being there for the final few days of F&W!

pixiedust:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest we keep on page 1 of this thread.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Hey, this is my 200th post (yeah, yeah....rookie...I know) so I'll announce that we are exactly 50 days from being official chair piggie police.

A celebration of your milestone:

party:

We're going to the BC for 12 nights from 31/8, I'm so excited. I've read all the info three times, but just have a couple of questions. Firstly, my dh & ds love a game of pool, I don't think the BC has one but is there one nearby?

Also, looking to spend more time around the pool but although I can swim (dh can't) I'm scared of going under. I love lazy rivers & hope to enjoy that but gave noticed on the map that there's a part that says deep section, this makes me nervous. How deep is it? Us it part of the lazy river.

Thanks for all the great info on here.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Thanks for asking the question about the pool table! Ask again closer to your trip so we can check to see if the one at BCV is still there.

Sorry about your disappointment with the depth of the lazy river.

:cool2:

I'll be checking in at the Beach Club six months from today! :yay:

:woohoo:

We will be one day behind you !!!!

:woohoo:

Spent the last two days falling in love with the beach club resort! This thread has so much wonderful information and makes me feel so excited about changing our resort to this one for September!! I am so excited! Can't wait to bring my family there!! Now to examine the ADRs for the change of plans....

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

So glad to hear about your excitement.

:yay:

Thanks guys, the lounge looks lovely, I can see myself relaxing there on an evening whilst the guys play pool.

Any stories of falling out of the ring in the deep end, I really want to go on the lazy river. Can't understand why it would be so deep.

Thanks guys, the lounge looks lovely, I can see myself relaxing there on an evening whilst the guys play pool.

Any stories of falling out of the ring in the deep end, I really want to go on the lazy river. Can't understand why it would be so deep.

There are places where you can enter the lazy river where the water will not be over your head. As long as you stay on the tube through the deep parts, you should be fine. The current is not so swift that you will risk tipping over unless you are squirming and off balance in the tube. I'm not sure how wide the lazy river is, but in the unlikely event that you do fall out of the tube, it is not too far to swim over to the side.

PS- Pay no attention to the picture posted a couple of pages back of Ninja Mom ungracefully entering a tube!

:)

If you find the rings a little unstable (I don't like sitting on them because I feel like a beached whale :teeth: ) you can buy a pool noodle at the Beach Club Marketplace (about $4 I think) and bring with you one of those mesh things that makes the noodle into a chair. That's what I do. The mesh is small and easy to pack and you just attach it to the noodle. It makes a very stable, comfortable "seat" to float around in.

Google "noodle sling" or "noodle chair". I found mine on Amazon.

I would just like to add that while my parents were enjoying their carrot cake and fruit tarts I was on a 12+ hour bus ride with 5th-11th graders going to a science fair in cleveland (from stl). There were MANY inner chants of "I'm doing this for Disney, I'm doing this for Disney" running through my head. :scared:

~Cari~ pluto:
It will definitely be worth it. :lovestruc

there are a lot of double tubes which are very hard to tip over. You can either share it or lounge across both halves. Just float to a ladder for easy entrance or exit from the tube. :)

The email that Disney sent me made it pretty clear that they knew I had completed the online check in process and that was why I might be able to skip the front desk when I arrive. I'll be sure to report back what happens. We still have six more days to wait, though.
I'm wondering about on-line check in too. We're staying at BCV and I want to request a roll-a-way bed, upper floor, and EPCOT view. The online check in only lets me request upper floor. Should I do online check in and then call prior to arrival day for the other requests? I don't want to automatically get assigned a room without the opportunity to make these other requests. I know there is always the chance I won't get my requests, but would feel better knowing that at least I made them!

I'll track "Teena Hugs" from peeps on this board....from April 1 2015 on! I think it would be kinda tough to go back to the first day Teena started working :rotfl:

Glancing at previous posts since 1 April I only saw one hug :guilty:. So the official "Teena Hug Tracker" is sitting at 1 :hug:

If you give Teena a hug post up here and I'll count it!

My 2 kids and I got Teena hugs in February 2009. :-)

In your situation I would skip the online checkin since you have some requests that are not included as online options. Call in your requests and then discuss the room you were assigned when you arrive at the resort. Although with the BCV, since they are usually 100% occupancy, there is not really a lot of movement that can happen if you don't get all of the requests you want. Let the person checking you in know if you are willing to move rooms in a day or two if something else becomes available.

:thumbsup2

Does anyone have advice on "kids night out" or the sandcastle club? I want to try to fit in an Epcot adults night during our trip. I'm thinking Kids Night Out would be cheaper for 2 kids and also the sitter could take the kids to the campfire, movie, sand, etc.

Only thing I can tell you about Sandcastle Club is parents always say to me that once the children go there, they want to go back every single evening. I've heard from kids that it is the best part of their vacation. Find that hard to believe but that's what I hear from them.

Only thing I can tell you about Sandcastle Club is parents always say to me that once the children go there, they want to go back every single evening. I've heard from kids that it is the best part of their vacation. Find that hard to believe but that's what I hear from them.
Thanks!! I am selfish a little in favoring the babysitter I'll admit because I want the kids to have an early bedtime and rest before the next park day. I remember going to camp dolphin as a kid (it was free/included then) and just loved it.

Do I recognize you from the BC Disney YouTube video?

I'm wondering about on-line check in too. We're staying at BCV and I want to request a roll-a-way bed, upper floor, and EPCOT view. The online check in only lets me request upper floor. Should I do online check in and then call prior to arrival day for the other requests? I don't want to automatically get assigned a room without the opportunity to make these other requests. I know there is always the chance I won't get my requests, but would feel better knowing that at least I made them!

My understanding is no rollaway beds are offered at DVC resorts. One can be requested in the beach club resort but not the villas.

I do not know this from first-hand experience just what I have read online.

Most guests suggest bringing an air mattress and linens when one finds the need for separate bedding in a villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter