2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only working Sunday this week. Have dr. appointment (COPD test again) on Monday. Looking forward to seeing those that are there now.

Only working Sunday this week. Have dr. appointment (COPD test again) on Monday. Looking forward to seeing those that are there now.
We'll be stopping by to say hello on Sunday. :)

Just a piece of information to add to the facts page:
We just saw all three Friendship boats come into Crescent Lake from Epcot. It was a few minutes before 8am. Both parks open at 9 am today, which confirms that the boats start running an hour before park open. We can see one boat docked at the Boardwalk. I assume that the other two are at YC/BC and Swan/Dolphin.

Today is our MK day. So far the only rain we've had is some very light rain from around 6pm last night. It has been hot in the afternoons, perfect for swimming. :)

Sorry to hear your husband has to work while visiting the Mouse (been there, done that, can't say I enjoyed it) but I have to tell you that I really appreciate your taking the time to allow me to take a vacation vicariously through your postings. Thank you for doing this. I hope to be able to read more if you get the time. I have never been over to the AofA resort yet. I wonder if they decorate for Christmas? May have to check it out this December.

Katesdad

Yes they do decorate for Christmas but not to the degree of the Deluxe resorts. When we were there they had a White Xmas Tree decorated in the lobby area near the shop/food court. I can't find my pics but I seem to remember some pointsettas (spelling) and some garland around. Not worth the trip to just check out the decorations IMO but we enjoyed our stay there. The pool area was really nice even the quiet pool with the cabanas. Also the headlights on the cars light up at night so you might want to check them out. Overall they did a great job with this resorts theme.

Truer words have never been spoken!

You didn't happen to see my "other" husband hiding out in a Lincoln in the Parking lot did you? (insert hopeful look!) If you see him tell him I'm on the way to Plop Century in about the middle of May. My husband thinks I'm going to see Flower and Garden and Star Wars but I only have eyes for Matthew.

~NM

I'm surprised you're not into Thor (Chris Hemsworth)! He seems like a better match to your ninja powers:) if you don't want him, I'll take him. Although my husband is always with me at Disney so that could be awkward-lol.

I'm surprised you're not into Thor (Chris Hemsworth)! He seems like a better match to your ninja powers:) if you don't want him, I'll take him. Although my husband is always with me at Disney so that could be awkward-lol.

FYI- to avoid those awkward moments, the laundry room is the meeting place of choice with our fantasy crushes. The husbands never think to look for us there!!!

:laundy:

We're going to the BC for 12 nights from 31/8, I'm so excited. I've read all the info three times, but just have a couple of questions. Firstly, my dh & ds love a game of pool, I don't think the BC has one but is there one nearby?

Also, looking to spend more time around the pool but although I can swim (dh can't) I'm scared of going under. I love lazy rivers & hope to enjoy that but gave noticed on the map that there's a part that says deep section, this makes me nervous. How deep is it? Us it part of the lazy river.

Thanks for all the great info on here.

We're going to the BC for 12 nights from 31/8, I'm so excited. I've read all the info three times, but just have a couple of questions. Firstly, my dh & ds love a game of pool, I don't think the BC has one but is there one nearby?

Also, looking to spend more time around the pool but although I can swim (dh can't) I'm scared of going under. I love lazy rivers & hope to enjoy that but gave noticed on the map that there's a part that says deep section, this makes me nervous. How deep is it? Us it part of the lazy river.

yes the Lazy river is the deep section of the pool and I believe it is 8 feet deep. There are life jackets available. There is an arcade for fun but no pool table. Not sure if the Swan or Dolphin or BW has one either.

Nothing in the immediate area, but other Disney resorts can accommodate a game of pool.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/pool-tables/

Pool tables are found at the following locations:

Nothing in the immediate area, but other Disney resorts can accommodate a game of pool.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/pool-tables/

Pool tables are found at the following locations:

I don't think the DVC Community Halls at OKW and Kidani Village are open to the general public. The Community Halls are for DVC members only

I don't think the DVC Community Halls at OKW and Kidani Village are open to the general public. The Community Halls are for DVC members only
From Disney's page:

Any Guest of a Walt Disney World Resort hotel may use these pool tables, and equipment can be obtained using a valid Resort ID. Disney Vacation Club members may check out equipment free of charge; for all other Guests, an associated fee applies.

As I've never done this myself, I can only quote from the information Disney has provided. It may be worth asking the concierge at the resort for confirmation, before making a trip to one of the listed resorts.

From Disney's page:

As I've never done this myself, I can only quote from the information Disney has provided. It may be worth asking the concierge at the resort for confirmation, before making a trip to one of the listed resorts.

Wow I really believed that the Community Halls were for the use of DVC members only.
Sorry if I posted misinformation

Last time I walked thru the BCV, there was a pool table inside the one room there on the first floor. Before that, it was out by the BCV pool. Not sure if the balls, etc. were on the table or not and I have no idea where to get them if they aren't readily available. But I can certainly try to find out.

:)
Last time I walked thru the BCV, there was a pool table inside the one room there on the first floor. Before that, it was out by the BCV pool.

Boy, that could cause some confusion, if someone going out to that pool were to ask if there were any pool tables there! :)

I feel like I remember seeing a pool table outside at SAB. It is on one of the upper decks. I don't think I was hallucinating... But now I'm not too sure -

Thanks for the speedy replies. I'm really disappointed that the lazy river is so deep, think I'd be too anxious of tipping over to try it.

Thanks for the speedy replies. I'm really disappointed that the lazy river is so deep, think I'd be too anxious of tipping over to try it.

FWIW: I don't like going under either, though not terrified. I love SAB and have never had a problem with the lazy river or any of the other areas. Just stay off the slide and you should be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter