2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
From one turkey to the rest... Happy Thanksgiving!

c31e8640ac8f18afc44347fe13764957.jpg

~NM

I will say, I don't see anything blatantly Disney in the room, and I'd be thrilled if there were just a little touch here or there, but I'm sure we'll find there's something once people actually get into the rooms. Can't wait for more pics!
Maybe they'll have Mickey Heads in the sheers like at GF? I think we need to start a Bring back the Mickey Lamps campaign! ��maybe we'll find them with Ninjas fish lamps!

Happy Thanksgiving Friends!!! Today it's only Bob, me and a 21.5 pound turkey .... obviously we like leftovers and Bob makes a mean turkey salad for sandwiches!!!!!
:laughing: sounds like that bird needs landing lights!! Huge! I love leftover turkey sandwiches too!

From one turkey to the rest... Happy Thanksgiving!

c31e8640ac8f18afc44347fe13764957.jpg

~NM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my BC/YC friends. ��

Our daughter's friend is staying with us on this trip and DH was thinking he could get up early, work out and shower are their ONLY outdoor showers? Or can he use the health club showers? We are staying in the Resort and our nightly rate is aprx. $600 so we were hoping that one or both of us could leave in the morning and leave the shower for our DD and her friend is this not an option? :confused3 Sorry, I searched the thread but I'm getting a bit disappointed to see we would have to use 'outdoor showers'?
Short of booking another room how can us ladies give DH his privacy? Any assistance or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you :wave2:

Our daughter's friend is staying with us on this trip and DH was thinking he could get up early, work out and shower are their ONLY outdoor showers? Or can he use the health club showers? We are staying in the Resort and our nightly rate is aprx. $600 so we were hoping that one or both of us could leave in the morning and leave the shower for our DD and her friend is this not an option? :confused3 Sorry, I searched the thread but I'm getting a bit disappointed to see we would have to use 'outdoor showers'?
Short of booking another room how can us ladies give DH his privacy? Any assistance or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand your dilemma. It has been reported here, that the spa showers are for the exclusive use of spa paying guests. Guests used to be able to use the showers on check out day (and other days I bet), but this is no longer allowed. Your nightly rate only includes the shower in your room. I don't know, but I don't think there are showers associated with the exercise rooms. Is this your question?

:welcome: to this forum.

We have been told that the showers in the health club are for use of spa guests only (RIDICULOUS POLICY), but I have received mixed signals about whether those working out are able to use the showers. We have been told that it is not allowed, but I have heard other responses that it is based on if you are deemed "sweaty enough"

Again, I totally think this situation stinks (pun intended).

My suggestion is when you arrive, stop in at the health club and ask. If you are told no, you will not be permitted to use the showers in the health club after exercising, then ask to speak to a manager to complain.

:)

I know there have been several asking about the dates of the annual pool maintenance that takes place every year at SAB.

I found this on DVCNews.com.

We are staying at the BCV's from January 8th - January 12th and have not received an official letter confirming this but thought I would pass this along.

Guests spending the early part of 2015 at Disney's Beach Club Villas will have to make do without some portions of its iconic pool complex.

Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts is scheduled for a two phase refurbishment closure early next year. From January 5 through February 2, 2015, the Flying Jib slide will not be available to guests. Also closed during this period will be Bubblin' Bay and Sinking Sands areas of the pool--essentially all areas from the slide exit up to the nearby bridge.

When those areas reopen on February 2, the lazy river, snorkel area and two surrouding bridges in that area will close. This second refurb phase is expected to run through March 3, 2015.

During these closures, all other areas of the pool will remain open to guests.

Villas rooms at Disney's Beach Club are also expected to be the target of renovations sometime in 2015. Exact dates have not yet been revealed. Work is currently under way on hotel rooms at the resort.

Hope this helps.

I wanted to thank everyone for their contribution to this thread. My mother and I (she's my Disney Buddy) are staying at the Beach Club for the first time this coming January (yay birthday trip, 17th-25th). Since booking, a few weeks ago, I have been pouring over this thread and multiple places on the internet to learn all there is about this resort. It's our first time not only at the Beach Club, but a Deluxe resort (the Swolphin not counting as I have no memory of it and by many accounts my mother wasn't a fan).

I really want to make it special for her without over planning anything, thus taking the fun out of our Disney vacation. (Key word being vacation there.) So if any of you have any ideas that I can surprise her with, I'm all ears.

I know there have been several asking about the dates of the annual pool maintenance that takes place every year at SAB.

I found this on DVCNews.com.

We are staying at the BCV's from January 8th - January 12th and have not received an official letter confirming this but thought I would pass this along.

Guests spending the early part of 2015 at Disney's Beach Club Villas will have to make do without some portions of its iconic pool complex.

Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts is scheduled for a two phase refurbishment closure early next year. From January 5 through February 2, 2015, the Flying Jib slide will not be available to guests. Also closed during this period will be Bubblin' Bay and Sinking Sands areas of the pool--essentially all areas from the slide exit up to the nearby bridge.

When those areas reopen on February 2, the lazy river, snorkel area and two surrouding bridges in that area will close. This second refurb phase is expected to run through March 3, 2015.

During these closures, all other areas of the pool will remain open to guests.

Villas rooms at Disney's Beach Club are also expected to be the target of renovations sometime in 2015. Exact dates have not yet been revealed. Work is currently under way on hotel rooms at the resort.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone know how much the pool rehab will impact the resort? It this just minor stuff or big inconveniences like at the Poly. We just switched from the WL to Beach Club for our early February vacation. There is a lot of scaffolding at the WL and my husband did not want to take the risk of being in a construction zone. The scaffolding isn't bad but not the nicest thing to look at.

Also, the 5th floor rooms look awesome! Any chances another section will be open before January 30th? We are not staying club level but would love a refurbished room.

Thanks for any insight!

Does anyone know how much the pool rehab will impact the resort? It this just minor stuff or big inconveniences like at the Poly. We just switched from the WL to Beach Club for our early February vacation. There is a lot of scaffolding at the WL and my husband did not want to take the risk of being in a construction zone. The scaffolding isn't bad but not the nicest thing to look at.

Also, the 5th floor rooms look awesome! Any chances another section will be open before January 30th? We are not staying club level but would love a refurbished room.

Thanks for any insight!

Hey wishes114.
The pool maintenance is done yearly at SAB. They have to do it and only close off 1/3 of the pool at a time. NOT like the Poly at all.

For more detail on the room rehab go to the first post of this thread. It gives you an overview of the type upgrade that is going on at the BC.

And the upfit on the 5th floor took about 6 weeks. Now this floor had to be done completely before returning the rooms to inventory and the other floors may be done in sections (??? not sure???). So there is a chance that some of the other rooms could be returned before January 30 although it would be a small number of total rooms (if any at all).

I had to share... Made some online purchases yesterday with delivery to WDW! This makes it feel like we are so much closer!

My DD's really wanted a tree so I ordered one online along with some decorations from Walmart. It will be fun to set it up in our room... Although making space a bit tighter!

One week from today we will be arriving at the BC for our Anniversary Celebration!!! Looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations for the first time!!! I am excited. :goodvibes

:banana::banana::banana:

Rebecca

One week from today we will be arriving at the BC for our Anniversary Celebration!!! Looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations for the first time!!! I am excited. :goodvibes :banana::banana::banana: Rebecca

Yay, if you recognize me please say hello!

Just came back from our resort hopping trip where we got to try Yacht Club for 1 night.

*Pixie Dust* pixiedust:

When we checked-in, they announced us we had been "upgraded" (from our little garden view room) to a 2 king-bed rooms suite with Club Level!!!!! :jumping1::laughing:

They welcomed us with champagne, A CM (wonderful girl named Anastasia) made us visit the Regatta Club (CL), then our room... The suite was HUGE (2 bedrooms, one living room and kitchette and 2 bathrooms) The complimentary bath products were a huge size...

We received fresh flowers (my favorite), a little gift basket, evian water and coke...

There was two balconies, one of them was a view of the entrance (cute, could qualify for Garden View in my opinion) and the other one was pool view (and fireworks view at night). One of the windows was showing a view of the Boardwalk.

The CL was amazing.

DH and I were in total shock (I was very emotional --in a good way-- ) and so grateful.

Our stay was fantastic. A dream come true.

Just came back from our resort hopping trip where we got to try Yacht Club for 1 night.

*Pixie Dust* pixiedust:

When we checked-in, they announced us we had been "upgraded" (from our little garden view room) to a 2 king-bed rooms suite with Club Level!!!!! :jumping1::laughing:

They welcomed us with champagne, A CM (wonderful girl named Anastasia) made us visit the Regatta Club (CL), then our room... The suite was HUGE. The complimentary bath products were a huge size... We received fresh flowers (my favorite), a little gift basket, evian water and coke...

There was two balconies, one of them was a view of the entrance (cute, could qualify for Garden View in my opinion) and the other one was pool view (and fireworks view at night). One of the windows was showing a view of the Boardwalk.

The CL was amazing.

DH and I were in total shock (I was very emotional --in a good way-- ) and so grateful.

Our stay was fantastic. A dream come true.

What a phenomenal amount of pixie dust that was. Have a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter