2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I'll stay posted on this thread..completely addicted!
We'll be there Sept 12-14 (a quick trip to MNSSHP) before the Disney Dream :)))
M.

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at the Beach Club before while pool maintenance was ongoing? Do they erect fences around the area being worked on, or is it all out in the open? Does it really detract from the pool's theme?

I booked there specifically for the lazy river, and now it looks like that whole area will be down during my stay.
I can't find any pics online to see what past renovations have looked like.

Thanks

We have been to the BC many times when there was pool maintenance and it wasn't very obtrusive. It was a little disappointing, though, not to have the pool slide or the lazy river, but there was always part of the pool open. And Hurricane Hannah's was always open, as well as the quiet pools.

Hi Everyone!
What an amazing thread! I love this community! Excited for our first stay at the YC Sept 2015 before our cruise. I'm wondering, do you think it will be in full blown renovation? Do you think the BC may be done by then? I'm strongly considering changing my reservation to the BC :) ? What do you guys think?
Thanks!!!

I have read on the DVC boards that the Beach Club villas will be refurbed after the Beach Club, so I would guess that they won't get to the YC for awhile. I would think that most of the Beach Club would be finished by Sept 2014.

The letter being sent out to guests is about the pool maintenance which will be taking place after the first of the year, so you won't be receiving a letter. To the best of my knowledge, they have not been sending letters out about the room refurbishments. This guest received a letter because their trip is in January.

:goodvibes

It was about the construction. I did not make any requests. I think it is being sent to all guests-it was a generic form letter with my specific dates (I believe). My stay is for Dec. 19-23.

I got the same form letter about construction. I think it said from 10 am to 4 pm.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I'll stay posted on this thread..completely addicted!
We'll be there Sept 12-14 (a quick trip to MNSSHP) before the Disney Dream :)))
M.

Great!

I'll add you to the list.

:thumbsup2

We have been to the BC many times when there was pool maintenance and it wasn't very obtrusive. It was a little disappointing, though, not to have the pool slide or the lazy river, but there was always part of the pool open. And Hurricane Hannah's was always open, as well as the quiet pools.

Thanks for sharing your past experience.

I have read on the DVC boards that the Beach Club villas will be refurbed after the Beach Club, so I would guess that they won't get to the YC for awhile. I would think that most of the Beach Club would be finished by Sept 2014.

Everything I have seen has said that the work on the villas will happen while the rehabs on the rooms at the BC and YC are taking place. When the BC is at some stage of completion, like half-way through or 75% done, the villas will be started. Work will probably still be going on when the BC is finished and the work on the YC has started.

:)

It was about the construction. I did not make any requests. I think it is being sent to all guests-it was a generic form letter with my specific dates (I believe). My stay is for Dec. 19-23.

I got the same form letter about construction. I think it said from 10 am to 4 pm.

The only letter I have seen was specifically about the pool rehab. I haven't seen a general one about the rehab work. I would love to see a copy of the letter if either of you is willing to scan and post it or email it to me. My yahoo account is beachclubdee.

Great!

I'll add you to the list.

Thanks for sharing your past experience.

Everything I have seen has said that the work on the villas will happen while the rehabs on the rooms at the BC and YC are taking place. When the BC is at some stage of completion, like half-way through or 75% done, the villas will be started. Work will probably still be going on when the BC is finished and the work on the YC has started.

:)

The only letter I have seen was specifically about the pool rehab. I haven't seen a general one about the rehab work. I would love to see a copy of the letter if either of you is willing to scan and post it or email it to me. My yahoo account is beachclubdee.

I can't scan, but did just send you a photo of the rehab letter. No dates are on it (read it quick, couldn't remember). Form letter.

I know there have been several asking about the dates of the annual pool maintenance that takes place every year at SAB.

I found this on DVCNews.com.

We are staying at the BCV's from January 8th - January 12th and have not received an official letter confirming this but thought I would pass this along.

[...]

Villas rooms at Disney's Beach Club are also expected to be the target of renovations sometime in 2015. Exact dates have not yet been revealed. Work is currently under way on hotel rooms at the resort.

Hope this helps.

We stayed at the BCV from November 16-22 (2 bedroom #552). Before the trip, I had been concerned about the many comments about run down units and had warned the rest of our party (8 total) to set their expectations. Especially since we arrived right from a Disney Fantasy cruise sandwiched by 1-night stays at the GFV (also 2 bedroom). We were lucky to get a very nice unit that everyone loved, and the feedback was unanimously the hallways, store, lobby and everything else that we saw was in very nice shape. In the nitpicking department, there may have been a tiny bit of rust (i.e. 1/16" stripe) at the bottom of the stove and a few scuff marks at the sharp corners in the doorways, but everything was certainly in a much nicer shape than I had expected in advance. I would have been disappointed about a room like some of those others have posted pictures of so perhaps we were just lucky.

Good to know that we are not the only ones who received this letter.

page 121-125

I hope everyone in our DIS BC/YC family had a great Thanksgiving, or for our friends north of the border, across the pond or down under, a great Thursday and Friday!

Aw this is what I love so much about the people on this thread :goodvibes Everyone is included and welcomed no matter where they hail from:thumbsup2
Thanks Dee :goodvibes

I can't scan, but did just send you a photo of the rehab letter. No dates are on it (read it quick, couldn't remember). Form letter.

Thanks! I received it and was able to read it.

I'll try to post this letter and the one about the Stormalong Bay maintenance later today.

We stayed at the BCV from November 16-22 (2 bedroom #552). Before the trip, I had been concerned about the many comments about run down units and had warned the rest of our party (8 total) to set their expectations. Especially since we arrived right from a Disney Fantasy cruise sandwiched by 1-night stays at the GFV (also 2 bedroom). We were lucky to get a very nice unit that everyone loved, and the feedback was unanimously the hallways, store, lobby and everything else that we saw was in very nice shape. In the nitpicking department, there may have been a tiny bit of rust (i.e. 1/16" stripe) at the bottom of the stove and a few scuff marks at the sharp corners in the doorways, but everything was certainly in a much nicer shape than I had expected in advance. I would have been disappointed about a room like some of those others have posted pictures of so perhaps we were just lucky.

:welcome: to the thread!

Thanks so much for posting about your stay and sharing comments about the condition of the rooms you were in. I'm glad you found everything to be fine.

Aw this is what I love so much about the people on this thread :goodvibes Everyone is included and welcomed no matter where they hail from:thumbsup2
Thanks Dee :goodvibes

You are welcome!

I didn't quite include everyone on the globe, so I'll go back and correct that, but I did hit the major spots where WDW guests come from.

:grouphug:

Any word on BC CL refurb completion? We check in tomorrow and are currently enjoying a lovely stay at GF RPC--I'd hate to end our trip on a disappointing note.

Any word on BC CL refurb completion? We check in tomorrow and are currently enjoying a lovely stay at GF RPC--I'd hate to end our trip on a disappointing note.

We are checking in Wed and would love to know as well! RPC has to be so amazing, enjoy your day :)

Anyone know if they let you use Boardwalk's pool (feature pool, with slide) when Stormalong Bay's slide is down for refurb?

I was finally planning on splurging on BC or YC, but we are going late Jan. and no slide might be a dealbreaker. (We're from up North, so the 'cold' weather won't keep us from the pool.)

Has anyone been to BC/YC during slide refurb in years past? Even if you can't use BWI's pool w/slide, you can still swim in other parts of Stormalong Bay, correct? I read in post 1 that "1/3rd" of the pool is down at a time.

TIA!!!

We just called Disney and changed reservation from POFQ to Beach Club (1. March to 6. March). We were told that they will renovate the pool but there were no more details.
So I hope DIS is right and the lazy river will open on 4th March :-)
PS: Never imagined how much planning you need for a Disney World vacation... 180 days ADRs, 60 days Fast Pass... do we need anything more?

I sent you an email with the letter I received on Friday, 11/28, in regards to my stay during the third week of January.

84 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Question about Captains Grille...what's the likelihood of just walking in for Breakfast? Not a fan of committing to a morning ADR if we feel we have enough fuel to go straight to the parks :)

84 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Question about Captains Grille...what's the likelihood of just walking in for Breakfast? Not a fan of committing to a morning ADR if we feel we have enough fuel to go straight to the parks :)
just did it this morning. No problem.

Katesdad

Hello BC/YC fans!

A few things...

1. Most importantly, I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving with friends, family, or with blessed peace & quiet!

2. Still loving those sneak peek pics of the newly renovated rooms at BC, but I have to agree with others, the step stool contraption on the end table looks ridiculous! Sometimes, when newly renovated rooms are first revealed, things change before the reno is complete, hopefully that thing will be rethought. Otherwise....stunning! Dee, I'd love to see the Mickey and Minnie pic that is hanging on the wall if you have access to it!

3. I just made an online purchase that I'm excited about. I love bringing a little bit of WDW home with me! On the Sobel Westex site, they are currently having a Black Friday 30% off pillows sale, AND offering free shipping on orders over $75. For my 2 most recent trips to YC and my most recent trip to the GF, I fell hard (asleep) for the pillows. I have a very sensitive neck...no headaches...only neck aches, and I'm particular about my pillows, and I loved the ones at YC and GF. They are by Sobel and they are called "Dolce Notte II." I just ordered 4, for a total of $62 and change. That's a killer deal, as full price with shipping is close to $100. Just wanted to pass the information on!

Saturday was a DTD day shopping for grandkids. It was extremely crowded but the DW was successful (I was there for support as any good husband knows their place in these matters). We took a bus back to the WL and let me tell you, it was a breeze, I wish the YC / BC transportation was half this good. Checked out the Christmas decorations at the MK resorts. GF was outstanding, but the BC / YC is just as good and really worth the effort to see. The WL and CR were okay. Poly suffered due to construction.

Sunday was Epcot day. Started at Captain's Grille as a walk-in. Did the buffet and really enjoyed it. We went over to Epcot where we found the crowds were light so we moved around easily. Spent time with the best ambassador of WDW and the BC/YC. Thank you TeenaS for letting the DW and I take up so much of your time this afternoon. Went back to France for dinner at Chef's. Don't know why people complained about tables being close. We had a table by the window and had lots of room to stretch out. I had the French Onion soup, Salmon for the main course and raspberry sorbe' for dessert. The DW had the house salad, chicken and the assorted sorbe' selection. All the food was great and our service was outstanding. Ended the day with a boat ride as it arrived at the dock just as we got there.

If anyone has any questions on anything while I am here just let me know.

Katesdad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter