2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just talked to my parents and they aren't comfortable being a different hotel than us even though the Yacht and Beach Club are right next to each other. So we're just all going to stay in one room at the BC SV CL. Our fastpasses are going to get messed up but it's ok. I just want my parents to be comfortable and have a good time. The only huge one that it going to be messed up is 7DMT. It's going to be a pain with all of us staying in one room though.

Newbie here, we have been to Disney several times;( Poly, AoA, Pop, BLT), so we have never been in the boardwalk area. I finally got thru to Disney today and Yacht Club seemed our best option to utilize our free dining, so I went ahead and booked. It seems like it will be a completely different experience for us, so we are super excited. I am sure I'll have lots of ? As time goes by, but a few to start with... We are a family of 5, kiddos 14, 10, 8. We are definately not athletes...lol. I believe a room view is garden, what kind if view will we get, if we ask to be closest to transportation (and as an add on, is bus transportation on one side of the hotel and boats on other.) question number 2, we got free food, but where to eat...??? We usually eat a QS or snack for breakfast as we head out for early buses; where can eat.

Make sure you check out the 1st page of this thread. The answers to all your questions are there. And if after reading the 1st page you have some other questions, fire away. There's many friendly and very knowledgeable people here.

Newbie here, we have been to Disney several times;( Poly, AoA, Pop, BLT), so we have never been in the boardwalk area. I finally got thru to Disney today and Yacht Club seemed our best option to utilize our free dining, so I went ahead and booked. It seems like it will be a completely different experience for us, so we are super excited. I am sure I'll have lots of ? As time goes by, but a few to start with... We are a family of 5, kiddos 14, 10, 8. We are definately not athletes...lol. I believe a room view is garden, what kind if view will we get, if we ask to be closest to transportation (and as an add on, is bus transportation on one side of the hotel and boats on other.) question number 2, we got free food, but where to eat...??? We usually eat a QS or snack for breakfast as we head out for early buses; where can eat.

Welcome!! Any garden view will be of something green :-). Could be of a courtyard.
Yes bus is in front past entrance, and boat dock is in back. Do check out first pages, maps & tons of info.
So many dining options. We love the Cape May, Captains Grille, Beaches & Cream, Yachtsman Steakhouse! Plus you have all the Boardwalk restaurants & Epcot. Great dining options.
In the morning you can grab a quick bite in the pub just off YC lobby. They have continental breakfast type stuff, bagels, pastry, cereal, fruit. I bring my resort mug down to fill with coffee on my way out. If you want something hot and more substantial you can walk over to BC Marketplace, they have breakfast platters, egg crossaint, etc.

Make sure you check out the 1st page of this thread. The answers to all your questions are there. And if after reading the 1st page you have some other questions, fire away. There's many friendly and very knowledgeable people here.
Welcome!! Any garden view will be of something green. Could be of a courtyard. Yes bus is in front past entrance, and boat dock is in back. Do check out first pages, maps & tons of info. So many dining options. We love the Cape May, Captains Grille, Beaches & Cream, Yachtsman Steakhouse! Plus you have all the Boardwalk restaurants & Epcot. Great dining options. In the morning you can grab a quick bite in the pub just off YC lobby. They have continental breakfast type stuff, bagels, pastry, cereal, fruit. I bring my resort mug down to fill with coffee on my way out. If you want something hot and more substantial you can walk over to BC Marketplace, they have breakfast platters, egg crossaint, etc.
Andee515, as DansDad suggested, go to page one of this thread and be sure to check out the wealth of information on the BC/YC/BCV there. It's organized in such a manner that it is easy reading and will fill you with great ideas. Problem is, you will have so many ideas that you will then need help in deciding what you would like to do which is when you come back and folks like Sue M and others will fill you with the knowledge and experience that they have accumulated over the years. The YC is a great place to stay and the folks on this thread are anxious to make sure you have the best time possible while at the resort. I hope you have a great time planning and then an even better time with the vacation once you are there. By the way, be sure to post your dates you will be at the YC so Dee can get you on the BOG list where you will see all the other DISers staying at the same time you are.
Katesdad

We are going Nov 18-26. As far as breakfast, how far is walk to marketplace? I'll have to run over and bring back stuff, my family doesn't get up as early as I do :) Are there any other places to use quick service credits for breakfast close by? I'll probably go ahead and buy some breakfast times for room. Thanks!

We are going Nov 18-26. As far as breakfast, how far is walk to marketplace? I'll have to run over and bring back stuff, my family doesn't get up as early as I do :) Are there any other places to use quick service credits for breakfast close by? I'll probably go ahead and buy some breakfast times for room. Thanks!

Well, if you need to kill a lot of time, there is the Boardwalk Bakery across the lake? But I'm not sure if the choices are much different than the Marketplace.

What is the phone number to the Beach Club? The number to the actual resort not to the central phone people. thanks! :)

I was able to snag a room only discount yesterday afternoon for BC CL Deluxe Room, I was so happy for about 10 seconds until I realized that they only sleep 5 + infant. My "infant" has now turned 3 so we don't meet room capacity anymore:sad1: I'm glad I realized it before I finished checking out online.

Oh well at least I still have my magical deal booked for the same dates.:)

On a separate note I would like to attend this mini meet, please keep us updated with the details. It will be nice to make some new friends.

I was able to snag a room only discount yesterday afternoon for BC CL Deluxe Room, I was so happy for about 10 seconds until I realized that they only sleep 5 + infant. My "infant" has now turned 3 so we don't meet room capacity anymore:sad1: I'm glad I realized it before I finished checking out online.

Oh well at least I still have my magical deal booked for the same dates.:)

On a separate note I would like to attend this mini meet, please keep us updated with the details. It will be nice to make some new friends.

Did you want to meet up at 5:30 on Sunday for the mini meet or join us for a crazy dinner at the Captain's Grill around 5:45-6:15 (whenever Sue gets final count and modifies reservation)? We'd love to meet you at one or both!!!!!

IMHO, if you're staying at BC, YC or BW hoppers are a must. Nothing better than popping into Epcot for a night cap or snack.

That's a VERY good point. I guess to me it would depend on how old your kids are. When my kids were young, we never even went into the World Showcase other than to ride Maelstrom or eat dinner because the kids hated it! But now that my kids are 16 and 11, it's a different story. We do like going to Epcot at night if we are staying at BC because it's so close, but our hopper is included with our AP. I don't know if we would pay for the hopper if we had to pay extra for it. We would probably just go out to dinner and call it a night. I LOVE having dinner at Cali Grill or Narcoossee's and watching Wishes from there:)

Welcome!! Any garden view will be of something green :-). Could be of a courtyard.
Yes bus is in front past entrance, and boat dock is in back. Do check out first pages, maps & tons of info.
So many dining options. We love the Cape May, Captains Grille, Beaches & Cream, Yachtsman Steakhouse! Plus you have all the Boardwalk restaurants & Epcot. Great dining options.
In the morning you can grab a quick bite in the pub just off YC lobby. They have continental breakfast type stuff, bagels, pastry, cereal, fruit. I bring my resort mug down to fill with coffee on my way out. If you want something hot and more substantial you can walk over to BC Marketplace, they have breakfast platters, egg crossaint, etc.
Yum!!! Super helpful, you guys are the best. I may be at the YC as the dust settles with the free dining/room discounts that just came out yesterday. Had previously booked at BC.

Guess who got up early this morning and snagged a BC resort for my exact dates with the RO discount????

Anyone?????

MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I am super excited, in case you didn't notice!!!
me too!!!! Yay!!! But now I also figured out I could get free dining if I change my dates....one additional day and at the YC. What to do?????

That's a VERY good point. I guess to me it would depend on how old your kids are. When my kids were young, we never even went into the World Showcase other than to ride Maelstrom or eat dinner because the kids hated it! But now that my kids are 16 and 11, it's a different story. We do like going to Epcot at night if we are staying at BC because it's so close, but our hopper is included with our AP. I don't know if we would pay for the hopper if we had to pay extra for it. We would probably just go out to dinner and call it a night. I LOVE having dinner at Cali Grill or Narcoossee's and watching Wishes from there:)
agree!! I'm going with a three and eight year old, only so much they can do in a day! I'm sure we could use it Maybe for more fireworks options but not too much and could do without.

Did you want to meet up at 5:30 on Sunday for the mini meet or join us for a crazy dinner at the Captain's Grill around 5:45-6:15 (whenever Sue gets final count and modifies reservation)? We'd love to meet you at one or both!!!!!

Would love to do a mini meet. Can't make the dinner as this is the last day my grandsons will be with us on this trip so my daughter, who is also on the disboards, and myself would like to drop by for a little while before we rejoin the rest of our group. We have met you before but you may not remember since there are so many people you meet, but you rescued our grandsons balloon from the ceiling and gave them some stickers. They were so happy with you!!! Will be nice to say hello again.

Thank you. I don't want to sound ungrateful but isn't that the number that's answered by the central phone group?

Not sure, I got this from the info on the first page of this thread. I thought this was correct, maybe Dee can tell us.

Just called the number and the person I spoke to said this was the BC, unless she was telling me a fib it should be good. Did you try it?

It took 2 hours on hold :crazy2: but I changed my SV 6 nights to a GV 5 night stay at BC! Woohoo! Our new dates are Dec. 18-23. Saved some money and will make it easier in terms of getting days off of work. I'm so excited. :yay:

By the way, they released a few more rooms on the free dining plan offer if you wanted to book but couldn't get one. They have more at YC than BC, but both were showing.

~Cari~ pluto:

We are going Nov 18-26. As far as breakfast, how far is walk to marketplace? I'll have to run over and bring back stuff, my family doesn't get up as early as I do. Are there any other places to use quick service credits for breakfast close by? I'll probably go ahead and buy some breakfast times for room. Thanks!
Marketplace is a 5 -8 minute walk across the back side from the YC to the BC. Ale and Compass is in the YC and has breakfast items as well (danish, muffins, juice, coffee, etc.). Ale and Compass is to the left off the lobby as you enter the front doors.

Beach Club - 407-934-8000
Yacht Club - 407-934-7000
I am staying BC CL. Is this the phone number I should put in my cell phone to call CL when we are there if we need something or need to change something?

Also, I did read about how they know you are coming and greet you with a welcome drink. Do I need to call them and let them know we have landed and are on our way? We will be picking up a rental car. We land at 5 PM (eta to BC is what 6:00 )?
Thank you for your help. I am getting so excited 133 days!

I am staying BC CL. Is this the phone number I should put in my cell phone to call CL when we are there if we need something or need to change something?

Also, I did read about how they know you are coming and greet you with a welcome drink. Do I need to call them and let them know we have landed and are on our way? We will be picking up a rental car. We land at 5 PM (eta to BC is what 6:00 )?
Thank you for your help. I am getting so excited 133 days!

You should have a phone number for IPO since you are club level. I will look for it, I know I have it somewhere.
You don't need to call them when you land. If you were using ME they would know you were on your way when they scanned you MB but once you get to the guard shack at BC, you will scan your MB and then they will know you have arrived and should be looking for you. If no one approaches you when you are at the front doors, just tell any CM you see that you are staying CL and they will help you. Have a great trip. I love BC CL.

Found the number: These are for the IPO. Phone - 407-934-1448, Fax - 407-938-6508. You can also email them any requests or special needs at Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.com
We emailed them to request almond milk for our grandson and they had it for us when we arrived.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter