2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee, It's been awhile have been very busy at work and of course this winter did not make things easy here in the north east as you well know .
On to a more pleasant topic vacation could you please add me to the BOG list for Aug 1-8 at the Beach club . I am still going the 20th of June till the 6th of July , no lace I'd rather be then here for the Fourth of July .
I also have a question adding an avatar .I keep getting an error no matter what I try to upload , just says error with no specifics any ideas .

I did a search and found a post that said you could request a microwave in your room based on availability. Has anyone requested a microwave at BC and were able to get it? Just wondering how many requests they get and how many are even available.

I'm also curious about microwaves. Is this a request made a check in?

We are excited about our first trip to the Beach Club. We will be staying CL oct 7-14. We usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge ( which we love) but think our girls, ages 11 and 12, will love the pool. If you can add us to your list .

A have a little more information about the BC room refurbishment that was going on while we were there April 15th to 21st.

*snip!*

Thanks so much for the very detailed description and pictures of what you experienced with the renovation work. I will post a link to this post on the front page if you don't mind.

:goodvibes:

I have a copy of this post in the Beach Club room view thread: Beach Club Room Views

Beach Club room 3565
king bed, corner room, lagoon view, standing balcony on lagoon side, windows on the other wall

And thanks also for this excellent review and description of your room and for adding it to the BC View Thread!

:thumbsup2

I did a search and found a post that said you could request a microwave in your room based on availability. Has anyone requested a microwave at BC and were able to get it? Just wondering how many requests they get and how many are even available.

I'm also curious about microwaves. Is this a request made a check in?

Yes, you request this at checkin or you can call housekeeping, I believe.

I don't know how many there are available for guests.

Someone did request one for their room and received one, but I can't remember who it was or when it was.

There is also a microwave (maybe a couple) available for guest use in the Beach Club Marketplace.

:)

I'll be around on August 30th, where are you meeting at, the Solarium? What time, I'll try to make it.

We are working on the details as we speak! Will keep everyone posted.

:banana::banana::banana:

Dee, It's been awhile have been very busy at work and of course this winter did not make things easy here in the north east as you well know .
On to a more pleasant topic vacation could you please add me to the BOG list for Aug 1-8 at the Beach club . I am still going the 20th of June till the 6th of July , no lace I'd rather be then here for the Fourth of July .
I also have a question adding an avatar .I keep getting an error no matter what I try to upload , just says error with no specifics any ideas .

:wave:

Welcome back!!!

I'll add you to the list for August.

:woohoo:

Do you have any idea how large the picture you are trying to upload is? It needs to be under 1MB. You can change the size of your picture by using the resize option in "Paint", or there are other ways as well. Try that. I looked over on the Technical Issue board and that was all I found that might be relevant.

Good luck!

:thumbsup2

We are excited about our first trip to the Beach Club. We will be staying CL oct 7-14. We usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge ( which we love) but think our girls, ages 11 and 12, will love the pool. If you can add us to your list .

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

We have a lot of WL fans here. You are in good company. :cool2:

I posted a poll in the Resorts Forum- Can you take a moment to vote on whether you want a new thread or not?

New thread or No?

I still have not been able to find out if there is a cap to the number of pages a thread can have before it is shut down. With the previous server, threads were shut down when they reached a "jumbo status" of 250 pages.

I have done most of the work needed to start up a new thread, so that is not the issue.

Is it better to have a nice "clean" slate or would you like to continue to have the posts remain so that they are easily searchable if you are looking for specific info?

There won't be any "new" content on the first page of the thread- it will look exactly like what is there now.

I am definitely conflicted about what to do, so I am asking the people who use the thread what they would prefer.

If I do start a new thread, I want to do it when I hit the 13,000 post milestone (7 more posts) :scared1:

Thanks for your input, friends!

:banana::banana::banana:

Beach Club Dee

Last edited:
Thanks Wood Nymph for your great review! Wow, you scored with your room, your views were sweet! Makes me realize that getting a small balcony is not the end of the world. ::yes::
So thankful for your detailed map of room refurbishment, It helped me picture exactly what was going on with the resort.
Thanks again and I hope you had a great trip!

I just wanted to tell all of you how impressed I was by the BC IPO person I spoke with today! As I have said before, my girls are 16 and 11' so we stay up very late and they sleep REALLY late (we make them get up by 11/11:30 am at Disney). Anyway, view doesn't matter to me since all we do is sleep and shower there, but I booked SV CL not thinking about the fact that it might look over the main entrance and get a lot of noise that way...we had already requested to be far from the lounge since people woke us up early talking outside our room last time. So the IPO lady looked up a set of rooms in that category that she thought would be nice and quiet for us and noted them on our reservation! I felt she really went out of her way:) Now if only the room assignors will comply...

Wow I have missed a lot but we started doing talk for our trip in the fall already wanna say it will be either the last 2 weeks in Sept or the first 2 in Oct. but either way can not wait to be back down there for food and wine fest had a blast last year, aka I made it only half way around the world before the 3 shots from Mexico caught up with me

Just wanted to say I met Teena yesterday for first time and she is just as lovely and friendly in person as she is on this thread. There could not be a better representative for BC or Disney company. They are lucky to have her. Thank you Teena for checking into my situation. You made my day so much easier.

Sooo....
I may have spontaneously booked BC for Dec 17-23 with free dining at 6:3o this morning. And, apparently got one of the last rooms with this deal. What?!! :yay:
I had been planning for spring break 2016, but this deal was too good to pass up. I can get BC with dining for about the same price (or cheaper) than I was predicting a split stay at POR/BC was going to be.

~Cari~ pluto:

Sooo....
I may have spontaneously booked BC for Dec 17-23 with free dining at 6:3o this morning. And, apparently got one of the last rooms with this deal. What?!! :yay:
I had been planning for spring break 2016, but this deal was too good to pass up. I can get BC with dining for about the same price (or cheaper) than I was predicting a split stay at POR/BC was going to be.

~Cari~ pluto:
My TA has been busy this morning but said in order to get free dining our reservation had to be changed to pool view from garden view, plus had to add park hopper. What is the value we get from getting a pool view?

My TA has been busy this morning but said in order to get free dining our reservation had to be changed to pool view from garden view, plus had to add park hopper. What is the value we get from getting a pool view?

The pool view should be a nicer view especially if it looks out over the lagoon (very beautiful), but if you don't really care about the view because you don't do anything but sleep and shower in the room (like my family), you might want to see if the room only discount would be a better deal for you. Free dining may still be a better deal, but park hopper and the higher room category are expensive. We have park hopper because it is included with the annual passes, but we honestly don't use it that much. It takes a really long time traveling between parks, so we may go to one park in the morning, swim in the afternoon, and then have dinner in another park. The pool view is definitely an upgrade, so if you think you would enjoy it, go for it:)

The pool view should be a nicer view especially if it looks out over the lagoon (very beautiful), but if you don't really care about the view because you don't do anything but sleep and shower in the room (like my family), you might want to see if the room only discount would be a better deal for you. Free dining may still be a better deal, but park hopper and the higher room category are expensive. We have park hopper because it is included with the annual passes, but we honestly don't use it that much. It takes a really long time traveling between parks, so we may go to one park in the morning, swim in the afternoon, and then have dinner in another park. The pool view is definitely an upgrade, so if you think you would enjoy it, go for it:)
I am sure it would be better, but I'm looking into the other discounts too. Not sure if there are std/garden rooms still available for RO and if FD is the only one limited, or if the rooms are booked. We really wouldn't use the park hopper much at all I'm thinking. I just can't get the website to load now to even see what the options are. This is craziness!

IMHO, if you're staying at BC, YC or BW hoppers are a must. Nothing better than popping into Epcot for a night cap or snack.

We do exactly this!! It is the highlight of the trip for me. Just being able to dander in to Epcot to have a glass of wine in France or a portion of chips in England or simply to soak up the atmosphere makes my holiday so special. I never tire of being able to pop in next door and the hoppers mean it's no problem to do so no matter where else we visited that day. Love it :dance3:

Yeah, I think I got the last SV (although GV was still there at 6:30am). By the time my mom looked at 7:10 they were all gone.

~Cari~ pluto:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter