2014-15 Boston Bruins Thread & NHL Playoffs (minus the Bruins)

Another devastating loss for me...Sharpie is/was my favorite Blackhawk. To rub salt in the wound, they traded him to one of my most hated teams - Dallas. Barf.

I'm surprised it took this long for him to be traded, I knew rumors had been around him for a while about being traded.

I'm surprised it took this long for him to be traded, I knew rumors had been around him for a while about being traded.

Yeah, I knew he was going...but was still praying for a miracle. This is almost as bad as the day Cheli was traded to Detroit.

Ha ha ha! From my Twitter feed...

"Jamie Benn wife"
"Jason Spezza wife"
"Tyler Seguin girlfriend"
"Kari Lehtonen wife"
-- Patrick Sharp's Google search history 8:19PM CST

And in all seriousness, I'd love for Trader Donnie to put a package of picks and prospects to get Seabrook (who is going into the last yr of his deal).

Not a chance the Hawks trade Seabrook. Sharp, Bickell, and letting Oduya go are the moves to look for. Sharp was done today, and picking up Trevor Daly probably seals Oduya's fate unless he takes a big discount.

I thinks the Hawks were hoping to trade Sharp to Montreal and not a division rival. However, Dallas took his full salary ( rumors were the hold up was that teams wanted the Hawks to pay some of it ). Dallas is even paying 1/2 of Ryan Garbutt's salary. Also the Hawks wanted serviceable players to make a run at another cup. They weren't necessarily wanting prospects or picks. Sharp will be missed, but I think all Hawk fans knew this was inevitable.

Well, there goes any chance to the B's trying to land a top tier D-man. Johnny Oduya is heading to Dallas. Who, with their moves this off-season are definitely making a push for Western Conf contention. Meanwhile, the Bruins now have to try to make due with what they have. (sigh)

Well, there goes any chance to the B's trying to land a top tier D-man. Johnny Oduya is heading to Dallas. Who, with their moves this off-season are definitely making a push for Western Conf contention. Meanwhile, the Bruins now have to try to make due with what they have. (sigh)

Following Sharpie...can't say as I blame him. I would follow Sharpie anywhere...ha ha ha!

Tomorrow, the Bruins will be hosting the press event at Gillette Stadium tomorrow for the Winter Classic. CLICK HERE to see the article. I'm still not a fan of the game being played at Gillette. I wish it was back at Fenway. At Gillette, the fans will be a mile away from the ice. Though I do like the idea of tailgating before hand. I hope they reveal the WC sweaters tomorrow.

I want to believe it isn't true. From what I've read, it's a statutory rape charge. That makes me wonder if she lied about her age.

I'm so hopeful it's a ploy for a money grab...I don't want to consider that Kaner would be so stupid. He already had his "still a kid" screw up with the whole cab driver mess, PLEASE don't let him do something even worse.

Uhhhhhh....Patrick Kane - ***???

So far, the police are only saying that he is involved. Not arrested. Apparently the crime took place at his house. I always try to hold my opinion until I get enough facts to make it an informed opinion (case in point, still haven't formed an opinion on the police raiding Subway Jared). So, I'm not going to say "woe is Kane". But it seemed like he did try to avoid the events that happened with previous Stanley Cup hangovers, by retreating to suburban upstate NY. Let's see what the investigators turn up.

NESN kind of dropped the ball this week. Apparently, there was a Bruins preview show on the other night, that they really didn't bother to advertise. I was able to catch the last 15 min, though. And just from that, I was left with 2 burning question2... How does Andy Brickley stay tan year round? And how does he keep it so uneven that he looks like an Avatar? I guess there will be another preview special, the week of the 24th.

Here's a little thing from Andrew Ference's twitter. And this is why we all love him as a player. CLICK HERE

That letter is awesome.

Anyone else counting the days till puck drop??? I'm ready for preseason at this point, I just want some hockey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter