• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014-15 Boston Bruins Thread & NHL Playoffs (minus the Bruins)

Congratulations to the Blackhawks from a Flyers fan.

If anybody had said 10 years ago that the Blackhawks would win 3 Cups by 2015, I'd have laughed in their face. There were some games at the United Center with only 10,000 in attendance back then. The old man had been killing the team for years and fans were fed up. I'm glad the son made major changes and turned it into a classy organization.

If anybody had said 10 years ago that the Blackhawks would win 3 Cups by 2015, I'd have laughed in their face. There were some games at the United Center with only 10,000 in attendance back then. The old man had been killing the team for years and fans were fed up. I'm glad the son made major changes and turned it into a classy organization.

That wasn't supposed to happen, but I guess it turned into one message for each recent championship. :jumping1:

I don't really watch sports, but it was on last night so I stayed in the room while it was on and watched. Gotta admit it was pretty exciting. I caught myself yelling and screaming at the TV. I got my first hockey injury by jumping up off the couch and turning my ankle cheering when the 'Hawks scored late in the game.

....a little late, but CONGRATS to the Blackhawks! :thumbsup2

fireworks.gif
Fireworks49.gif

WOW!! What an assinine idea. The wussification of NHL. Maybe we can make it a no-check league too, wouldn't want to hurt their young attractive faces :faint::faint:
.....my vote is for soft cushy pillows all over the ice to help the cause.....popcorn::

5 days til the McDavid/Eichel show. But already, trade and free agent rumors are starting to circulate. Whether to manage the salary cap, get veteran leadership or accumulate picks, it should be a fun week.

5 days til the McDavid/Eichel show. But already, trade and free agent rumors are starting to circulate. Whether to manage the salary cap, get veteran leadership or accumulate picks, it should be a fun week.
Yeah but all I'm hearing on Felger and Mazz is Brady's "day in court" and what the Celtics will do for their draft.
You would expect a puckhead like Felger to give some love.

How about this: Lucic, Kelly and the 14th pick for Phoenix's 3rd pick.

The salary cap has been posted for the 15-16 season. It is $71.4M (USD). The Bruins have 16 players under contract for next season. That means they have almost $7.3M to sign at least 4 players, including Dougie.

Yeah but all I'm hearing on Felger and Mazz is Brady's "day in court" and what the Celtics will do for their draft.
You would expect a puckhead like Felger to give some love.

How about this: Lucic, Kelly and the 14th pick for Phoenix's 3rd pick.

You might be on to something. The 'Yotes are about $18M below the floor ($52.8M). They need to make up the ground. They might want to take Kelly's contract just to try to reach the floor. With or without Looch in the deal. Maybe Kelly for the last pick of the 1st rd.

*all numbers attributed to capfriendly.com

It looks like pending approval OT will be 3 on 3 for 5 minutes, no 4 on 4. So 3 on 3 followed by shootout.

I'm more anxious for the schedule Thursday...draft doesn't have me excited yet, awards so/so on.

I think that is insane, 3 on 3.. My opinion.. Insane.. And I hate the shootout.. I know it is what fans want to see, I am more of a fan of the old school.. Stay up until it is over :D

The draft doesn't do much for me either.. It is the the McDavid show, we know where he is going, no trade for him.. no way no how..

I hate shootouts, I want to hide in my seat with my eyes covered when we have them. I like the 4 on 4, haven't experienced the 3 on 3 in any game I don't think.

We have no picks till I think the 2nd round anyway so it's like meh, unless Poile does some sort of insane trade again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter