• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**2013** What's on the Emerald Aisle???

Sunday nights and Monday mornings are very very BIG days for business travelers. You should be able to snag an Impala on the EA, if there isn't one, ask the greeter. The Impala has a HUGE trunk (18.5 cf) and is very roomy inside.
Yes, you can go from National to Alamo without a problem. They are right next to each other on the 1st floor of the garage on both A&B side.

Thanks! My Alamo price just dropped, so now it's less than National. I'll cancel the National for now, and if their price improves on Alamo again, I'll switch back.

Anyone know what is currently being rented as Premium with National/Alamo?

Usually book fullsize but the premium was only a little more this time.

Premium is pathetic at MCO. National literally has one or two Taraus. And I have reserved premium several times and found the same selection

I was told by one employee that they put them all over at Alamo and to go there. The employee at Alamo would not let me have one since I did not have Alamo paperwork.

Premium is pathetic at MCO. National literally has one or two Taraus. And I have reserved premium several times and found the same selection

I was told by one employee that they put them all over at Alamo and to go there. The employee at Alamo would not let me have one since I did not have Alamo paperwork.

Interesting to hear... So, with Alamo paperwork, what's the selection like?

Anyone know what is currently being rented as Premium with National/Alamo?

Usually book fullsize but the premium was only a little more this time.

The Premiium selection is not all that great at National/Alamo/Enterprise. Usually Chrysler 300, Taurus, Maximas and similar. The same cars will be found at Alamo/Enterprise since they are the same company and share cars.

If you tell the greeter that you are not happy with the selection at National, they take you over to Alamo and tell the greeter there that you have a Premium booked. Contrary to another poster, you will not be refused. Just ask and you will be accomodated. They also do NOT keep all the Premiums over at Alamo. The fact of the matter is there is limited space on the National side for Premiums, converts and luxury. They did this to make room for the more commonly rented cars. IE: full size, mid size, vans etc.

I do wish you would stop posting this inaccurate information.
They do NOT keep all the cars over at Alamo. National has limited space, Alamo has more room, hence, more cars. If you want to call that keeping them there, fine, but, the verbage conveys an inaccurate picture.
If you don't see something you like, let the greeter know, they will walk you over to Alamo and let the Alamo greeter know you want to select from there.
You then select a car, drive to the National exit (or Alamo since they can handle National also) and follow the normal procedure.
You can also go to Alamo and speak with someone in the booth(if the National greeter is not available), tell them that you are not happy with the selection and you would like to select from the Alamo fleet.
I know this is fact, I worked there, I did this dozens of times and I truly resent your bashing of National/Alamo when you clearly have NO idea what the procedures are or what the employees do on a daily basis to completely satisfy the customer.

I do wish you would stop posting this inaccurate information.
They do NOT keep all the cars over at Alamo. National has limited space, Alamo has more room, hence, more cars. If you want to call that keeping them there, fine, but, the verbage conveys an inaccurate picture.
If you don't see something you like, let the greeter know, they will walk you over to Alamo and let the Alamo greeter know you want to select from there.
You then select a car, drive to the National exit (or Alamo since they can handle National also) and follow the normal procedure.
You can also go to Alamo and speak with someone in the booth(if the National greeter is not available), tell them that you are not happy with the selection and you would like to select from the Alamo fleet.
I know this is fact, I worked there, I did this dozens of times and I truly resent your bashing of National/Alamo when you clearly have NO idea what the procedures are or what the employees do on a daily basis to completely satisfy the customer.

I am sitting here thinking the same thing. I wish you would quit posting misleading statements and basically calling your customer a liar

Go count the premium avidly spaces. You will notice it is very few spaces. And look at the selection. I have never had one. I guess going forward I will start taking photos

Folks I am sorry but I am a top tier National renter. I rent from them 40 or more times a year. And I have a choice. I could rent from anyone. So it is not like I don't like them or have no clue

I report what happens to me, not what our "paid" rep wants you to hear. I dislike being basically called a liar by someone who I pay by my continued business

If your premium "aisle" is 3 spaces it is not likely to have much selection LOL

The Premiium selection is not all that great at National/Alamo/Enterprise. Usually Chrysler 300, Taurus, Maximas and similar. The same cars will be found at Alamo/Enterprise since they are the same company and share cars.

If you tell the greeter that you are not happy with the selection at National, they take you over to Alamo and tell the greeter there that you have a Premium booked. Contrary to another poster, you will not be refused. Just ask and you will be accomodated. They also do NOT keep all the Premiums over at Alamo. The fact of the matter is there is limited space on the National side for Premiums, converts and luxury. They did this to make room for the more commonly rented cars. IE: full size, mid size, vans etc.

I'm ok with the Maxima, rented one in June and it was fine. Would rather have the 300, haven't tried a new Taurus yet. Are there still Avalons on the lot? I really like those. ;) Also would like to try out the Genesis. Thanks!

Folks I am sorry but I am a top tier National renter. I rent from them 40 or more times a year. And I have a choice. I could rent from anyone. So it is not like I don't like them or have no clue

I report what happens to me, not what our "paid" rep wants you to hear. I dislike being basically called a liar by someone who I pay by my continued business

If your premium "aisle" is 3 spaces it is not likely to have much selection LOL

I am not a paid rep. I do not work for National/Alamo and you are not top tier, VIP is top tier and that is by invitation only. So, rest easy, you don't pay me.

I am sitting here thinking the same thing. I wish you would quit posting misleading statements and basically calling your customer a liar

Go count the premium avidly spaces. You will notice it is very few spaces. And look at the selection. I have never had one. I guess going forward I will start taking photos

I have counted the spaces, and I have reported that the spaces are limited and why. B side has three and A side has approx. 5. There are not that many more on the Alamo side. Reason: Limited space and the fact that Premiums are not rented all that much. They do have them, for sure, and if you don't see what you like at either National or Alamo they can retrieve them from overflow. I have also stated that the greeter will walk you over to the Premiums at Alamo. What my issue is is that you constantly state that they keep the Premiums over at Alamo, which implies they are not available for National renters, which is untrue.
I have not called you a liar, I have said that you provide inaccurate statements and quote things from employees that are totally inaccurate. There is a difference.
As I have stated frequently since last October, I do not work for Alamo/National any longer. So, you are not my customer, you do not pay me and I can finally say what I want to you because of those facts.

I'm ok with the Maxima, rented one in June and it was fine. Would rather have the 300, haven't tried a new Taurus yet. Are there still Avalons on the lot? I really like those. ;) Also would like to try out the Genesis. Thanks!

Yes, they still have Avalons, I totally forgot about those. :( I saw some in March when I rented from there.
Not sure about the Genesis as I have not worked there since last October. Also, they sometimes have the Infinity G 35 (or 37, I forget which) GREAT car. As I keep telling people, if you don't like what you see or want something specific, ask, if they can accomodate you, they will be happy to.

I have counted the spaces, and I have reported that the spaces are limited and why. B side has three and A side has approx. 5. There are not that many more on the Alamo side. Reason: Limited space and the fact that Premiums are not rented all that much. They do have them, for sure, and if you don't see what you like at either National or Alamo they can retrieve them from overflow. I have also stated that the greeter will walk you over to the Premiums at Alamo. What my issue is is that you constantly state that they keep the Premiums over at Alamo, which implies they are not available for National renters, which is untrue.
I have not called you a liar, I have said that you provide inaccurate statements and quote things from employees that are totally inaccurate. There is a difference.
As I have stated frequently since last October, I do not work for Alamo/National any longer. So, you are not my customer, you do not pay me and I can finally say what I want to you because of those facts.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::happytv::happytv::happytv:

And apparently only YOUR facts are correct. You KNOW what the reps said to me?? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sorry, but you are calling me a liar when you say I am not reporting what really happened to me. Phrasing it another way does not change the facts.

:confused3:confused3

You are holding yourself out as expert, but now you are a normal renter (albeit one who probably is friends with the agents and gets better treatment then a person off the street LOL!)

I have never reported anything that didn't happen to me in this thread. I am not sure why you think that only YOUR FACTS are correct. :confused3

For another view of the aisles at National you might also try Flyertalk.com ( I am sure gmeh dislikes that entire group of posters, but there's a lot of truth and very little pixie dust!) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national/868048-cars-mco.html

I will be posting my reports over there so that I don't have to be called a "liar" when I report there were no minivans or the agents were rude. Folks over there like the truth.

I will be posting my reports over there so that I don't have to be called a "liar" when I report there were no minivans or the agents were rude. Folks over there like the truth.

No, please keep reporting here. I plan to keep reporting each time the national reps tell us we absolutely do not need to add me by name to DH's rental and refuse to take or look at my ID, saying its automatic. At mco and many other airports. Even though apparently that's against the training and rules.

No, please keep reporting here. I plan to keep reporting each time the national reps tell us we absolutely do not need to add me by name to DH's rental and refuse to take or look at my ID, saying its automatic. At mco and many other airports. Even though apparently that's against the training and rules.

I've never had any company ask for ID from my husband when a rental is in my name. If the spouse is automatically included as a driver on the registration, they don't need or want the details. No idea if this is against the rules or not, but it's standard procedure, from what I've seen.

Hiya everyone,

Please, can we all try to be polite, and play nice. We do not want our thread closed by the moderator's.
This thread has been running for several years > everyone's opionion is valued and we love that we have alot of different people reporting what has been seen on the aisle, or there experinces.

Thank you all, Now back to our schedule programming.......

mky princess:

Hiya everyone,

Please, can we all try to be polite, and play nice. We do not want our thread closed by the moderator's.
This thread has been running for several years > everyone's opionion is valued and we love that we have alot of different people reporting what has been seen on the aisle, or there experinces.

Thank you all, Now back to our schedule programming.......

mky princess:

:thumbsup2 .... would love to know what folks are finding on the aisles lately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter