**2013** What's on the Emerald Aisle???

In the past 10 years or so, we have notice a pattern with the vehicles on the aisle. When we travel in January and February, it seems that almost everything on the aisle is a mini-van or SUV (not a lot of families on the flights at this time of the year so I guess there is a surplus of these "family haulin" type vehicles). Conversely, when we arrive in Orlando in the summer months (June, July, August) there never seems to be any mini-vans or even SUVs on the aisle. I would guess that the family groups book the bigger vehicles to haul the whole gang around. That's my take on it anyway.

We're leaving in 5 days, never been there in prime hurricane season before. I wonder what the mix will be like on the aisle at this time of the year. Hoping for something sporty since I'm going with a buddy this time, DW is sitting this one out.

You have pretty much nailed it on the aisle theory.
Prime Hurricane season has been pretty quiet the since 04. Weather is beautiful right now, still have those afternoon showers almost everyday. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Thanks Nacho and gmeh1 for your opinion. I have a really good price with Dollar which happens to be 189 for a full size but prefer to deal with National of Alamo. I guess the fear of the unknown LOL. I managed to get my national to 259 the same as Alamo and both include damage waiver. :)

Nacho We usually go to Disney anywhere between August to November since 2002 including when hurricanes were active all over the place and it wasn't so bad. The worse is more rain IMO in Orlando. One year we had an interesting time. We got to Daytona the day after the hurricane hit to check on a friend's property, then went to Fort Lauderdale the day before the hurricane hit and headed back to Disney... I think in 2004 but I'm not sure. It was rock and roll all over the state except for Orlando LOL

Emerald Aisle - Friday nite about 10:15pm, came in on SWA
2 Dodge Grand Caravans
Several Altimas
Couple Ford Focus
Ford Fusion
Mazda 5 MiniVan
Chevy Captiva
Toyota Camry

Some of the vehicles had the soap smell - even my "can't smell anything" husband can smell the whatever deodorizing smell used in some of the cars. I really don't care for it and try to seek out a car without it.

All but just 3 vehicles had black interiors and I didn't want that because it is going to be hot this week. Would have taken the Captiva, the Focus, the Fusion or the little Mazda 5 minivan...but all of those had black interiors and a couple of those had black interior plus the strong soap smell. We took an Altima - the only sedan with a light (tan) interior for the 3 of us. :)

Emerald Aisle - Friday nite about 10:15pm, came in on SWA
2 Dodge Grand Caravans
Several Altimas
Couple Ford Focus
Ford Fusion
Mazda 5 MiniVan
Chevy Captiva
Toyota Camry

Some of the vehicles had the soap smell - even my "can't smell anything" husband can smell the whatever deodorizing smell used in some of the cars. I really don't care for it and try to seek out a car without it.

All but just 3 vehicles had black interiors and I didn't want that because it is going to be hot this week. Would have taken the Captiva, the Focus, the Fusion or the little Mazda 5 minivan...but all of those had black interiors and a couple of those had black interior plus the strong soap smell. We took an Altima - the only sedan with a light (tan) interior for the 3 of us. :)

I live in FL, drive a black car with a dark gray interior and never find it very hot. I think the combo of the tinted windows and the better insulation of the cars makes a difference these days. Now, the stuff they use to deoderize is just awful. The stuff they use to wash the windows is worse. Gagged me everytime.
That new Mazda 5 (crossover/mini van type) is cute.

Around 20ish vehicles available. Mostly Altima's, 200's, and VW's (Passat?). There were 2 Minivans but no SUVs.

10/4 around 6:30, side B. DH found no SUVs or minivans but got an impala. Massive trunk AND its a proper trunk so if we want to hide bags etc in it while parked somewhere we can. Not so with an SUV. :)

Should mention that this was both emerald and executive aisles on b.

We just got back. We got a Jeep Liberty, the only thing there that wasn't a sedan.

we picked up side B on 10/15 @ 3PM

both sides were full with a variety. many sedans, at least 6 minivans both caravans and TC. a few small suvs. we took a TC minivan from the exec. aisle. Normally we choose from side A but came in side B on this trip. we did not bsee anything larger than a minivan.

Hiya everyone,

We came down on 10/17 about 3pm took side A. Saw 3 mini vans. A couple of large SUV's.
Many sedans. Mostly chevy's.
We have a black 2014 brans new malibu. Nice trunk. It is a "green" type car. Takes gas and no plugging in > but it shuts off at lights when your stopped and it recharges itself? Kinda weird > we thought it died the first time it did it, just need to take foot off brake and it starts itself immediately.
This car had 1.2 miles on it when we took it.
We talked to the chevy guy at test track and he said he was surprised national had one since they just came out. He explained what the "auto stop" was to us.
This car was on executive side of the aisle.
Home on the 30th.

On the 30th didn't get to see the aisle. Wound up returning and only near to alamo side. Not sure which it was side A or B.

Sorry, mky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter