**2013** What's on the Emerald Aisle???

Picked up Friday 2/15 at 2. Side b.

Both aisles only had cars. EA had a fleet of Malibus, a few Camrys and a few other odds and ends. Executive had Altimas, Camrys, 300's etc. I took the only Passat

Did overhear one upset family as I surveyed the Aisle, family of 5 including woman in wheelchair did not think they were going to fit in a Malibu and with it being a holiday weekend the agent said there would be nothing bigger on the aisle

We picked up our car on the tenth, and I didn't notice any SUVs on the side the cruises drop off at.

But for anyone who is Executive and wants to hear, we got a Ford Flex. 84 miles on it with Sirius. Fab car, DH wants one now lol. There were several Challengers, or something that looks like one (DH and DS are asleep so I can't ask them).

We picked up our car on the tenth, and I didn't notice any SUVs on the side the cruises drop off at.

But for anyone who is Executive and wants to hear, we got a Ford Flex. 84 miles on it with Sirius. Fab car, DH wants one now lol. There were several Challengers, or something that looks like one (DH and DS are asleep so I can't ask them).

Thanks for posting. We are Executive and have been watching for a Ford Flex on the rental aisle for a long while. We've yet to snag one. Generally we get the Ford Edge, which we love.

Thanks for posting. We are Executive and have been watching for a Ford Flex on the rental aisle for a long while. We've yet to snag one. Generally we get the Ford Edge, which we love.

Challengers are two door cars, Chargers are 4 door cars. Easy to confuse them.

I was able to reserve a standard size for the same price as a mid size with National. When we arrive, will we still be allowed to select from the Emerald Aisle or will we have to select from the emerald reserve line? Hope the question makes sense...

I was able to reserve a standard size for the same price as a mid size with National. When we arrive, will we still be allowed to select from the Emerald Aisle or will we have to select from the emerald reserve line? Hope the question makes sense...

Generally the standard size is the same price as the midsize at National. However you will have to select a car from the standard aisle. You will not get the chance of getting a minivan or some other non standard size vehicle. If you choose midsize you can have your pick of whatever is on the midsize aisle which could include various types of vehicles.

Generally the standard size is the same price as the midsize at National. However you will have to select a car from the standard aisle. You will not get the chance of getting a minivan or some other non standard size vehicle. If you choose midsize you can have your pick of whatever is on the midsize aisle which could include various types of vehicles.

Thank you so much! I thought that was the case. I am going to change our reservation to a mid size. I really like the idea of possibly having the chance I'd scoring something fun to drive!

Another option would be to make a second reservation for a midsized car. That way, you could have your choice of any car in the midsized, standard, or emerald aisle section. I just joined emerald club (I should have joined sooner but didn't know about the free options). Prior to that I normally reserved a compact car and often times there are a mid sized or 2 in that row.

I remember one time in Tampa I went to the counter and they really were pushing an upgrade to a midsized car. I politely told them no, went out to pick up my car and the compact row was full of midsized cars.

When you book a specific size, that is where you go to select your car. You booked a Standard and since they do not have a standard section, you will be selecting from the full size area.

The don't have a standard section at MCO at Alamo, National or Enterprise. You select from the full size area.

Thank you so much! I thought that was the case. I am going to change our reservation to a mid size. I really like the idea of possibly having the chance I'd scoring something fun to drive!

If you change your reservation to mid size, you will be able to select from anything on the EMERALD Aisle (not the Executive aisle), not the mid size aisle as was posted by another poster.

Another option would be to make a second reservation for a midsized car. That way, you could have your choice of any car in the midsized, standard, or emerald aisle section. I just joined emerald club (I should have joined sooner but didn't know about the free options). Prior to that I normally reserved a compact car and often times there are a mid sized or 2 in that row.

I remember one time in Tampa I went to the counter and they really were pushing an upgrade to a midsized car. I politely told them no, went out to pick up my car and the compact row was full of midsized cars.

Actually, you are limited to the Emerald aisle if you made your reservation via the Emerald Aisle log in for a midsize car. I am not sure who gave you that information, but, you were misinformed. One of the things that used to amaze me when I worked for National was the amount of misinformation the member had. In reality, the cars on the EA are lower mileage.
From the website:
Emerald Club membership: Choice. Speed. Privilege.
Welcome to The Emerald Club®, the industry's premier car-rental reward program - powered by speed and choice. As a member, you have access to our signature Emerald Aisle® experience, designed to get you on the road in seamless fashion. You also earn rich rewards along the way, including Free Rental Days, frequent-flyer miles or hotel rewards.

Membership in The Emerald Club means getting on the road in three easy steps:

1. RESERVE

Always reserve a Midsize car to begin your Aisle experience.

2. BYPASS THE COUNTER

Go straight to the Aisle - the keys are in the cars.

3. CHOOSE ANY CAR

Any size, color, make or model on the Aisle is yours at the reserved Midsize rate.
Want to see the Emerald Club in action? Take a spin in our virtual tour.

Silly question, but how does having two different reservations work?

It means you make two reservations. Many people do this primarily hoping that the EA reservation will get them something larger, like a mini van.
In this scenario they make a mini van ressie and a EA ressie. If they find a mini van on the EA, then they take it with the EA reservation.
Many people here, including me, think that this is not a good thing to do. But, you do what is correct for you.

Arrived today around 2:30pm, side A. About 10 sedans, 1 van, 1 SUV. Took my usual Impala, 1100 miles. I noticed the Executive Aisle had mostly sedans.

Feb 18 @ 6:30PM a little slim on the aisle , 3 minivans, 1 Dodge Journey (I think), a Kia or Hyundia small SUV, 2 brand new Camrys (less than 500 miles) a Malibu, an Altima and a Prius Hybrid.
Wanted to try the Hybrid but would never live it down with the kids if we had rented a PRIUS (a Jeff Dunham thing I guess, at least it wasn't a BLUE Prius)
Grabbed one of the Camrys for our 10 days. Needed something with a large trunk and this fit the bill just fine. Looks like we were the second to rent this car, 453 miles on it at pickup (and 1200 at return)

It means you make two reservations. Many people do this primarily hoping that the EA reservation will get them something larger, like a mini van.
In this scenario they make a mini van ressie and a EA ressie. If they find a mini van on the EA, then they take it with the EA reservation.
Many people here, including me, think that this is not a good thing to do. But, you do what is correct for you.

And then they get to the check out booth... and have a fight with the agent. :rotfl2:

Seriously, this can create issues. You show up at the check out with a minivan. they see a reservation for a mini van. That's what they want to charge you. And the "I will cancel in the garage" isn't a great system either (1) you are likely to be in too big a hurry and (2) I don't think it's always "instant" communciation within the National system. (I have had to book at the airport and sometimes they have a hard time finding my reservation if I move to quickly LOL!)

And MCO is the place where as I drove out of the gate I happened to look down.. I was being charged $240 a day for my Volvo. I just circled back around and went inside to find a manager. Turns out the "gate agent" had decided I had "Self upgraded" and took it upon himself to adjust my rate! The manager fixed it and gave me an additional discount for the diaster but...

And then they get to the check out booth... and have a fight with the agent. :rotfl2:

Seriously, this can create issues. You show up at the check out with a minivan. they see a reservation for a mini van. That's what they want to charge you. And the "I will cancel in the garage" isn't a great system either (1) you are likely to be in too big a hurry and (2) I don't think it's always "instant" communciation within the National system. (I have had to book at the airport and sometimes they have a hard time finding my reservation if I move to quickly LOL!)

And MCO is the place where as I drove out of the gate I happened to look down.. I was being charged $240 a day for my Volvo. I just circled back around and went inside to find a manager. Turns out the "gate agent" had decided I had "Self upgraded" and took it upon himself to adjust my rate! The manager fixed it and gave me an additional discount for the diaster but...

Good point, but, the agent, if she or he is on their toes, will know if the car came for the aisle or the reserve side. There is a very subtle and simple way that the agents know. IF someone is going to do more than one reservation, make sure you have your print outs with you, that way the agent will just scan the bar code at the top and away you will go.
You would be amazed at the amount of people who "self upgrade" and are shocked when they are charged. In your case, I doubt you would do that, I am glad you caught it. The agent obviously overlook that subtle and simple indicator (or it did not have one, that happens too) that it was an Emerald car.

gmeh1 said:

Thank you explaining this to me. We are just going to keep our mid size ressie and take our chances!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter