• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Weddings

We are hoping for either 7-30-13 or 7-31-13. Just worried about the heat. Can't wait to begin the planning!!!!

As of now, My fiance & myself are crossing our fingers for April 10, 2013! I wish we could call and book now because the waiting is just killing me ;)

After the future hubby came to me about changing the date, we decided to push the date back a few months. Prospective date is now October 24, 2013. Promise, this won't change again ;)

After the future hubby came to me about changing the date, we decided to push the date back a few months. Prospective date is now October 24, 2013. Promise, this won't change again ;)

My date changed three times in less that 12 hours, at one point, because my family couldn't make up their minds. Hasn't changed since1 :rotfl:

DF and I had to change our wedding date. We were this Sept., but decided to have some time to save more. We want to still be $$$ smart and do not want to use credit cards. Our new date is May 26, 2013 WP/ADH.

We originally had Maxine as our wedding planner and loved her, so we have our fingers crossed that we can get her again.

Also, when calling to change the date, I was told that the food and beverage minimum went and the dinner minimum is now $150. Does anyone have any info on the minimums for 2013? We are trying to see if the lunch minimum has also gone up. We thought since we had more time to save, we could change to a dinner reception, but with the higher minimum.... we are not too sure.

DF and I had to change our wedding date. We were this Sept., but decided to have some time to save more. We want to still be $$$ smart and do not want to use credit cards. Our new date is May 26, 2013 WP/ADH.

We originally had Maxine as our wedding planner and loved her, so we have our fingers crossed that we can get her again.

Also, when calling to change the date, I was told that the food and beverage minimum went and the dinner minimum is now $150. Does anyone have any info on the minimums for 2013? We are trying to see if the lunch minimum has also gone up. We thought since we had more time to save, we could change to a dinner reception, but with the higher minimum.... we are not too sure.

Welcome to the 2013 Bunch!

I think the minimums did go up. I don't have my Passporter's handy, but I think it went to: Breakfast $100, Lunch $125, and Dinner $150. I will check when I get home and post.

I'm planning a may 2013 wedding and just got this through from a consultant
Breakfast/Brunch Receptions* $75.00++ per person
$100.00++ per person
Lunch Receptions* $100.00++ per person $125.00++ per person
Dinner Receptions* $125.00++ per person $150.00++ per person
2012 & 2013
Food and Beverage Minimum Expenditures
*Breakfast/Brunch Receptions include the 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., and 10:00 a.m. wedding ceremonies. Lunch Receptions include the 12:00 p.m. ceremony. Dinner Receptions include the 2:30 p.m., 5:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. ceremonies.

I am new to the DIS boards but have been lurking on and off for a long time. My fiance and I are planning to have our Wishes wedding on October 25th, 2013. The waiting is so hard! I am just now starting to do things with DFTW (site visit is booked for March!) and I feel like we have FOREVER until the big day. What are all you other 2013 brides doing while you wait? princess:

What are all you other 2013 brides doing while you wait? princess:

Welcome!

I think most of us probably scour the internet (and the boards) for photos and ideas that we must have. Some of us DIY things for our weddings. We all stalk each others' planning journals. And, most of us manage to do this while working, going to school, dealing with family drama, or some combination of the previously mentioned with some bits of life thrown in.

I write novels and make dresses (and do all of the above). :goodvibes

Welcome to the 2013 Bunch!

I think the minimums did go up. I don't have my Passporter's handy, but I think it went to: Breakfast $100, Lunch $125, and Dinner $150. I will check when I get home and post.

I'm planning a may 2013 wedding and just got this through from a consultant
Breakfast/Brunch Receptions* $75.00++ per person
$100.00++ per person
Lunch Receptions* $100.00++ per person $125.00++ per person
Dinner Receptions* $125.00++ per person $150.00++ per person
2012 & 2013
Food and Beverage Minimum Expenditures
*Breakfast/Brunch Receptions include the 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., and 10:00 a.m. wedding ceremonies. Lunch Receptions include the 12:00 p.m. ceremony. Dinner Receptions include the 2:30 p.m., 5:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. ceremonies.

Thanks! Does this minimum only count for dinner? We are planning on having a DP that night as well and know that it would count towards the $15,000 minimum. But does it count towards the $150 per person?

Sorry for another question.

I am new to the DIS boards but have been lurking on and off for a long time. My fiance and I are planning to have our Wishes wedding on October 25th, 2013. The waiting is so hard! I am just now starting to do things with DFTW (site visit is booked for March!) and I feel like we have FOREVER until the big day. What are all you other 2013 brides doing while you wait? princess:
Congrats! It does feel like a long time away. Following some of the other brides here on the board and reading about their planning and wedding keeps me busy :surfweb:. It also helps give me alot of ideas for our wedding. Like DisneyShamrock said, I plan on doing some DIY stuff along the way to help save alittle. With spreading it out, it helps make the time go by fasterprincess:

I'm thinking of starting a planning journal to channel my wedding energies but am not sure if I should not having been super active on the boards yet. Is it weird to go straight from lurking to a full-fledged PJ? :blush:

I'm thinking of starting a planning journal to channel my wedding energies but am not sure if I should not having been super active on the boards yet. Is it weird to go straight from lurking to a full-fledged PJ? :blush:

I don't think it's weird at all. A lot of us have started them (and some, like me, way early) just to keep all our ideas in one share-able place. :goodvibes

Hello,

Wanted to join in here, as we have just decided and tentatively booked our wedding in at the Swan and Dolphin Hotel for 10 September 2013.

Looking forward to following along with you girls, looks like there is a quite a few more girls who are forward planners hehe :)
Im sure next year will be here before we know it !
Jess

DBF and I are getting married on the Disney Dream in Aug. We are targeting the Aug 4 2013 sailing, but haven't booked it yet(will be doing so as soon as DUT gets back to me!)

I'm getting married on the Disney Dream in Oct. 2013:woohoo:

ttp://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/vx1g60w7pnz5focp.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter