2013 Hilton Head lovers thread

Booked today. We are going back in October! Last trip we only took our 2 youngest kids with us, but this time all 4 kids get to go, including our oldest who lives 4 hours away from us going to college!

Booked today. We are going back in October! Last trip we only took our 2 youngest kids with us, but this time all 4 kids get to go, including our oldest who lives 4 hours away from us going to college!

Just booked for October. We've never been to Hilton Head, so looking forward to something different.

Just booked October 13th to the 20th. At this point it is just my wife of 40 years and me. We had to book a two bedroom but wait listed a one bedroom. This is our first time at Hilton Head. So I am going to go back and read this whole thread to gain some knowledge. At first blush it looks like one can be as busy as he wants to be or not busy at all - and either way have a GREAT time. Do I have that about right?

Just booked October 13th to the 20th. At this point it is just my wife of 40 years and me. We had to book a two bedroom but wait listed a one bedroom. This is our first time at Hilton Head. So I am going to go back and read this whole thread to gain some knowledge. At first blush it looks like one can be as busy as he wants to be or not busy at all - and either way have a GREAT time. Do I have that about right?

We will be there the 12th - 19th. We had days where we were busy and days where we did pretty much nothing but beach and naps.

Perfect.

Does anyone know which buildings have the one bedrooms? Last time we had a great marsh view in building 12. Hoping for something equally as nice this trip. Maybe I should just request "marsh view".

Does anyone know which buildings have the one bedrooms? Last time we had a great marsh view in building 12. Hoping for something equally as nice this trip. Maybe I should just request "marsh view".

We almost always get a 1bedroom and are almost always in the lodge (where you check in). We have had some awesome marsh views--one year we saw a dolphin a few times when the tide was high. My favorite rooms are in the back of that building--very peaceful with a nice view.

Yes, there are a total of 21 1 BRs at HHI, 16 of which are either in the main lodge or the adjacent/attached building 12. The other 5 are in 5 different buildings-16, 18, 19, 28, and 30 I believe are the 5. I do know that those 5 1 BRs are all on the first floor of the buildings, and the noise that often comes from footsteps above you at HHI resort is one reason why some of us prefer the main building. Otherwise, if you want a march view, the 1 BR in building 18 is, IMO, the best.

Low tide-

High tide-

Woohoo!! Just booked our spring break trip, April 4th- 11th! We stayed last year and loved it! Can't wait to go again. Anyone else planning to be there for spring break? We met some people last year that go down every year over spring break.

Hi! We just booked Christmas Eve and Christmas Day--have never been there and have no idea what to expect! Has anyone been there over Christmas? The studios were all booked so I know that the place won't be empty... :)

Hi, I am back from a long vacation, had not updated post #2 in a long time. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Will be there in 11 days and looking forward to exploring the resort for the first time.

Will be there in 11 days and looking forward to exploring the resort for the first time.

Enjoy your trip! I would love to go to HH in mid-September sometime. I bet the weather is perfect--cooled down a bit but ocean water still warm. We were there once over Halloween and it was beautiful although the air was pretty chilly that year. We have school age kids now so most of our trips are summer when it is just HOT.

mumto3girls said:
Enjoy your trip! I would love to go to HH in mid-September sometime. I bet the weather is perfect--cooled down a bit but ocean water still warm. We were there once over Halloween and it was beautiful although the air was pretty chilly that year. We have school age kids now so most of our trips are summer when it is just HOT.

Leave the kids to grandma :)
This is what we did this year! Next year we're goin' July however.

Woohoo!! Just booked our spring break trip, April 4th- 11th! We stayed last year and loved it! Can't wait to go again. Anyone else planning to be there for spring break? We met some people last year that go down every year over spring break.

We just booked for April 6-11. Second visit. Hope it is warm!

Hit single digits. Can't wait.

So jealous! Five weeks and counting here. It will be our first time too. I am so looking forward to it. And actually, I was suppose to be at WDW staying in the VWL right now - but due to a very serious illness in my wife's family, we cancelled that and have opted for a week's stay at HHI in October. Been one of those years and I am so looking forward to some down time.

Have a Great Time during your stay!

If you do a cash reservation with Disney, do you get daily mousekeeping?

Yes. We had housekeeping each day in 2010 on a cash reservation. To be honest, I've become spoiled by not having Mousekeeping each day. I just felt like it was an intrusion, especially at HHI, because we spent a lot more time in our villa relaxing.

We just booked for April 6-11. Second visit. Hope it is warm!

Awesome! Do you have any kids? We have a 13 boy (turning 14 during the trip, 11 year old boy and a 9 year old girl. We are coming down from Michigan...I see you are from Indiana. Last year traffic was horrible...I hope it is better this year. It probably will not be, but at least we know what to expect this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter