2013 Hilton Head lovers thread

Just back from a week at HHI. I'll be happy to try and answer any questions ( except refillable mug questions, we didn't use them and have no answers ;) )

Thank you for all the resonses on the soda machines. We will be there on August 14th. So still have time to see of they switch over before them. I think they will probably do all of disney world resorts and DVC in disney world first and then very beach and hilton head after. But that is just a guess. Was hoping to try out the new machine.

Will there be coffee provided? You know, just enough for a cup or two that first morning?

Thanks!

Yes, Each room has a coffee maker and coffee packet, some sugar, splenda, coffemate. Bring some paper filters, I can't remember if they provided those. We brought our own filters and coffee.

Oh and I believe that in the morning there is free coffee at the Oak Lodge.

We are headed there tomorrow for 4 nts - woohoo! Hope the 40% rain is only a passing shower here and there...in Savannah tonite. Anyhow, what size coffee filters for a studio and what for a 1 Br?

TIA,
Cathy

Yes, Each room has a coffee maker and coffee packet, some sugar, splenda, coffemate. Bring some paper filters, I can't remember if they provided those. We brought our own filters and coffee.

Oh and I believe that in the morning there is free coffee at the Oak Lodge.

Yay. Gotta have my coffee

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are headed there tomorrow for 4 nts - woohoo! Hope the 40% rain is only a passing shower here and there...in Savannah tonite. Anyhow, what size coffee filters for a studio and what for a 1 Br?

TIA,
Cathy

Let us know how you like it. We ll be there in 57 days for the first time

I have a question. Can you take coolers to the beach. When I'm on vacation. I like to have an adult beverage or two ESP if I'm on the beach.

TIA,
Cathy

We were in a two bedroom and had a regular sized coffee maker so you will need 8-12 cup size filters. We only found one package of regular and one of decaf when we checked in as well as a little basket of sugar and sweetener. We brought coffee and filters with us.

I have a question. Can you take coolers to the beach. When I'm on vacation. I like to have an adult beverage or two ESP if I'm on the beach.

Yes to coolers at the beach! A sign on the beach states all the "rules" of the beach and includes No Alcohol. However, there were many many people drinking both cans and bottles of beer. No one seemed to bother them, but they were also not acting intoxicated either. There were also lots of coolers at the beach house pool. Alcohol is permitted there.

Just returned from a week at HHI.

We tried a couple new restaurants including, "One Hot Mama's" and "Reilley's". Breakfast was at "Stacks".

My only complaint- and it's a BIG one- is the pool bar is gone! WTH? A beach resort without a pool/beach bar. IMO a big mistake. I'll be making it known that I'm very unhappy with this change when I get my survey.

Looking forward to the refurb. According to a long time CM, they begin in December.

Yes to coolers at the beach! A sign on the beach states all the "rules" of the beach and includes No Alcohol. However, there were many many people drinking both cans and bottles of beer. No one seemed to bother them, but they were also not acting intoxicated either. There were also lots of coolers at the beach house pool. Alcohol is permitted there.

Cool. I would use a koosie and put my empties in the trash elsewhere.

We tried a couple new restaurants including, "One Hot Mama's" and "Reilley's". Breakfast was at "Stacks".

My only complaint- and it's a BIG one- is the pool bar is gone! WTH? A beach resort without a pool/beach bar. IMO a big mistake. I'll be making it known that I'm very unhappy with this change when I get my survey.

Looking forward to the refurb. According to a long time CM, they begin in December.

Good thing I'm planning on bringing a cooler.

Several folks have posted something about a Pool bar at HHI, but, to my memory (going back to 1999) they never had a Bar at either pool. Just Signals and Tide Me Over.

(Then again, neither of us drink, so, we may have missed it, but, I usually note these things anyway for future reference)

Whoa! I just found this on the Disney website.

"Nearby is the Surfmen’s Sand Bar (Open seasonally), your place for relaxing, beachside cocktails. Non-alcoholic beverages and sundries are also available. "

Never noticed that! It being seasonal, that may be why. We always go in the Fall/Winter months when it was closed.

Sorry. :(

Hi, we drove from the Northwest suburbs in March. We stopped in Atlanta on the way down. Coming home we went straight through from HH to the suburbs and it took us about 15-16 hours. The drive isn't horrible and it was very nice to have our car to drive around HH. Have a great time.

Hi, we drove from the Northwest suburbs in March. We stopped in Atlanta on the way down. Coming home we went straight through from HH to the suburbs and it took us about 15-16 hours. The drive isn't horrible and it was very nice to have our car to drive around HH. Have a great time.

Thank you! :goodvibes Can I ask how long it took you?

I'm assuming the temps in sept will be approx the same as ga 75-85. Am I close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter