2013 Hilton Head lovers thread

helenk said:
I am so hoping that I can book a 2 bedroom for 6/22-6/29, I keep checking the dates each day as I get closer to my 7 month window this Thursday. It seems like the first day of the window books right away. I checked today and 6/20 is booked but nothing the rest of the week, tomorrow I'm sure 6/21 will be booked. I'll wait list but I wonder if anything will come through.

Best of luck!

I am so hoping that I can book a 2 bedroom for 6/22-6/29, I keep checking the dates each day as I get closer to my 7 month window this Thursday. It seems like the first day of the window books right away. I checked today and 6/20 is booked but nothing the rest of the week, tomorrow I'm sure 6/21 will be booked. I'll wait list but I wonder if anything will come through.
We are both doing the same thing checking on our dates for a 2 bedroom. I hope everything works out for you tomorrow morning. Then I will be calling on Black Friday for our stay June 23-29. If we can't get in, I am not going to waitlist I am just going to book us for the BEach Club instead. SW released airfare this week and I don't want the prices to go up on flights waiting on a wait list for HHI that might not come through.

Looks like we will not be going to HHI in 2013. This will be the first year in several years we haven't been there. DD is getting married in May and we've given her points to use for her honeymoon at AKV. Plus we're getting a PAP with plans to return to WDW next Oct. to get two visits off the passes. Finally the week after DD's wedding we're going to St. Simons island. So I guess we won't be going to HHI next year, just not enough points. But the good thing is DW has been bugging me for years to take her to the Outer Banks for a week, so hopefully we will do that instead. But it is kind of sad, we will be missing out on HHI next year.

We are both doing the same thing checking on our dates for a 2 bedroom. I hope everything works out for you tomorrow morning. Then I will be calling on Black Friday for our stay June 23-29. If we can't get in, I am not going to waitlist I am just going to book us for the BEach Club instead. SW released airfare this week and I don't want the prices to go up on flights waiting on a wait list for HHI that might not come through.

Now today I checked and 6/21 was not booked this morning, hopefully that is a good sign. I'd love to go to WDW if I can't get into HHI, but DIL does not like WDW in summer and I'd like to do a family vacation this year. I checked RCI and there is inventory available going that route, it maybe something to consider. But I will just keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow. I will be up bright and early!

WolfpackFan said:
Looks like we will not be going to HHI in 2013. This will be the first year in several years we haven't been there. DD is getting married in May and we've given her points to use for her honeymoon at AKV. Plus we're getting a PAP with plans to return to WDW next Oct. to get two visits off the passes. Finally the week after DD's wedding we're going to St. Simons island. So I guess we won't be going to HHI next year, just not enough points. But the good thing is DW has been bugging me for years to take her to the Outer Banks for a week, so hopefully we will do that instead. But it is kind of sad, we will be missing out on HHI next year.

Sorry to hear that. I've updated the roll call.

Are wait listed for one night in early June... hope it comes through. We want to try hh on our was back from wdw as next year we would like to possibly use all our points there... praying it comes through for any room at all...

disneydreaming92701 said:
Are wait listed for one night in early June... hope it comes through. We want to try hh on our was back from wdw as next year we would like to possibly use all our points there... praying it comes through for any room at all...

When exactly?

Now today I checked and 6/21 was not booked this morning, hopefully that is a good sign. I'd love to go to WDW if I can't get into HHI, but DIL does not like WDW in summer and I'd like to do a family vacation this year. I checked RCI and there is inventory available going that route, it maybe something to consider. But I will just keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow. I will be up bright and early!
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Here's hoping you get in tomorrow. Please post and let us know.pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

:banana:We are booked!!!! Saturday June 22nd to Saturday June 29th, so excited. I went on a 8:00am and booked I was so nervous entering all of the names I was afraid while I was doing that someone else may have gotten my rooms.:eek:
Depending on my son's vacation schedule we may have to drop June 22nd and arrive on June 23rd, but I can make that decision after the New Year.
We have not been to HHI since 1995, I am looking forward to enjoying a week of relaxing and enjoying the beach with my son, daughter in-law and 2 grandchildren

I talked to my son last night and we decided that arriving on Sunday June 23 would work better for them with 2 children. So instead of waiting and holding a room we would not use, I went in today and checked for availability and June 23-June 29 was there. I cancelled 6/22-6/29 and rebooked for 6/23-6/29 this way we can leave Saturday, drive half or a bit more than half way down and arrive Sunday fresh and ready to enjoy HHI.
I was really surprised at the availabilty considering the days leading up to my booking window were not promising.

helenk said:
I talked to my son last night and we decided that arriving on Sunday June 23 would work better for them with 2 children. So instead of waiting and holding a room we would not use, I went in today and checked for availability and June 23-June 29 was there. I cancelled 6/22-6/29 and rebooked for 6/23-6/29 this way we can leave Saturday, drive half or a bit more than half way down and arrive Sunday fresh and ready to enjoy HHI.
I was really surprised at the availabilty considering the days leading up to my booking window were not promising.

Congrats. Were you booking a 1 BR or studio? I understand this being a small resort that both are very limited, especially for a Sunday arrival since the points are cheaper. We are booked for late May on a Saturday arrival but also have that Sunday arrival and the next Sunday on waitlists. Like you said, it just makes it easier getting there and enjoying it with a 12-13 hour drive. Though we'll probably leave Friday afternoon if the waitlists don't come thru. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Add us back to the 2013 HHI list. Changed our reservations to Sept. 1-6. I was thinking we would have to cancel because of not enough points but by staying at OKW for our Oct. trip next year, we'll still have enough to do Daughter's honeymoon plus HHI in Sept. in a Studio.

WolfpackFan said:
Add us back to the 2013 HHI list. Changed our reservations to Sept. 1-6. I was thinking we would have to cancel because of not enough points but by staying at OKW for our Oct. trip next year, we'll still have enough to do Daughter's honeymoon plus HHI in Sept. in a Studio.

Welcome back!

Congrats. Were you booking a 1 BR or studio? I understand this being a small resort that both are very limited, especially for a Sunday arrival since the points are cheaper. We are booked for late May on a Saturday arrival but also have that Sunday arrival and the next Sunday on waitlists. Like you said, it just makes it easier getting there and enjoying it with a 12-13 hour drive. Though we'll probably leave Friday afternoon if the waitlists don't come thru. Fingers crossed.

I booked a 2 bedroom. It will give us enough room for 3 adults and 2 children, and no one will have to sleep on the pull out sofa. Master bedroom will have daughter in law and son and grandson who will be 1 and can sleep in a pack and play, 2nd bedroom will be me and my granddaughter who will be 5 .
When I just check my dates this evening, just for fun, I noticed that Sunday 6/23 and Monday 6/24 are no longer available.
I would love to arrive Saturday, I have the points, but we decided with the 2 younger children driving straight through from PA would not be a good idea.

Congrats! Don't you just love the low points at OKW. I was not going to take a trip this December because I had been in May and October, but I had 57 pts in my VWL contract, I booked 12/7-12/12, 5 nights, 56 points. My first stay in OKW but I am excited to try a new resort and best of all I'll be in WDW.

jheltz27 said:
Currently have a studio for Saturday, May 25th to Thursday, May 30th but we're trying to push back 1 day to the Sunday so we aren't there too much during the Memorial Day weekend. Have it wait listed but no Sunday is showing up for either that weekend or the weekend after. I guess that is due to the shortage of studios. Fingers crossed.

Woo hoo. Waitlist came thru for Sunday, June 2 arrival - departing Friday, June 7. Never got an email or anything from DVC MS but just happened to check today and noticed my points remaining had changed. Still have the waitlist active for 5/26 to 5/31 but doubt that comes thru. This probably works better avoiding Memorial Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter