2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. alm99

alm99 Earning My Ears

How far out do PINs get applied to your name and how long are they good for?

We are looking at going to Disney again in late Jan or early Feb 2014. Would there be a PIN attached to my name for that time period or all the PINs only good for the next couple months?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cree629

Cree629 Mouseketeer

Three of my four closest friends have received FD pin codes (one planning a trip and two who are not). So bummed that I haven't! Have called a few times asking if any pins are attached to my name with no luck. :worried:

I have a 9-night POFQ trip booked for November (and all the ADRs I wanted including BOG!), but I'm afraid that without free dining (or some other significant discount) it might not happen. Fingers crossed!!

4. disneyfantotheend

disneyfantotheend DIS Veteran

Right now pins are only out up until December. Keep watching, maybe in a month or two early next year will be out.

5. BCMom12

BCMom12 Earning My Ears

I have wondered this same thing. Can I just call and check or does the TA have to do it?

6. BCMom12

BCMom12 Earning My Ears

I was wondering this as well. Can I call and check or does the TA have to do it?

7. homeschoolmomof4

homeschoolmomof4 Keep moving forward

You can call to see if you have a PIN attached to your name. However, your TA would have to have it applied to your reservation if you do have one. :goodvibes

8. collegeprogram01

collegeprogram01 Mouseketeer

does anyone know if there was free dining at the end of april last year? the promotions normally come out for about the same time every year it seems like.

9. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

As in April 2013? No. There were some FD pins that went through the early part of March but September is the first time in 2013 FD has been out for the public.

In 2012 there was no FD in April either http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

10. collegeprogram01

11. collegeprogram01

12. FrugalFashionista

FrugalFashionista Mouseketeer

13. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

Posted over on the Resort/Discount page:

Free dining will be extended beyond September. Bookings for these dates will begin August 1. The dates are below:

September 29 - October 2
    October 18 - November 2
    November 11 - November 23
    December 12 - December 22

As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included
    (can be upgraded to regular plan)
    All-Star Movies Resort
    All-Star Music Resort
    All-Star Sports Resort
    Pop Century Resort
    Art of Animation Resort (excluding Little Mermaid rooms)

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
    Carribean Beach Resort
    Coronado Springs Resort
    Port Orleans Resort French Quarter and Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
    BoardWalk Inn
    Contemporary Resort
    Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    Polynesian Resort
    Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
    Bay Lake Tower
    Animal Kingdom Villas
    Beach Club Villas
    BoardWalk Villas
    Old Key West Resort
    Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
    The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
    Fort Wilderness Cabins

These sources are quite good, and the same ones I got the September Free Dining, as well as the August-September Room Only Discounts that nobody else on the Dis even mentioned (and brought lots of relief to many late-August travelers as well).

14. tlpbupu

tlpbupu Mouseketeer

15. FrugalFashionista

FrugalFashionista Mouseketeer

I can't tell you how happy this makes me!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: :jumping1:

16. saintsfanshelly

saintsfanshelly Earning My Ears

My trip was just booked last week, so if these dates hold true am I able to go back and add free dining?

17. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

Yes if you have a package booked. Disney Visa holders will likely be able to call and book/add FD on the 29th. You should have several backup resorts/room categories in mind in case the resort/type you are booked at does not have FD availability for your dates. My sister and I were booked at POFQ and when she got the FD PIN we had to change from standard to garden view.

18. mrskirk

mrskirk Earning My Ears

Woo hoo! So excited with this latest news/rumor. Hoping it is true. I will be setting my alarm way early on August 1st to find out. I have two questions.

1) Could I get a Disney Visa now and still qualify for those possible earlier release of FD? I wasn't sure if you had to be a cardholder for a certain amount of time and I might possibly do that if I would qualify.

2) We are already booked and paid for to check in on Oct. 27th. We are staying at the Contemporary w/ TPV. Of course, I hope we get to stick with that. I wouldn't mind switching to GF or Poly though. Hubby wanted to make sure we were on the monorail (we have two toddlers and wanted easy access to MK and other restaurants). What's the likelihood if I call on Aug. 1st that I get one of those three resorts?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers. :)

19. alaskanabbott

alaskanabbott DIS Veteran

when would Jan/Feb of 2014 come out (assuming/hoping for FD then)

20. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

1) as long as you have the card in hand or the number for verifying when adding the discount you'd be able to do it. There is not time limit on having it. If you bank with Chase they have a Disney debit card that offers the same early access as the credit card and there is not fee to switch to one.

2) if you call bright and early at 7a on Aug 1 I imagine you'll at least get one of those three resorts.

21. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I think they came out October last year, but there was no public free dining, they offered the stay/play/dine discount which wasn't quite as good, but still a nice discount on dining.